No announcement yet.

Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It may or may not have helped our cause but Nigel Farage telling MEP's at the European Parliament today that most of them had never had a proper job made me pi$$ myself laughing and god knows we need a laugh at the moment.
    “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
    Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
      It may or may not have helped our cause but Nigel Farage telling MEP's at the European Parliament today that most of them had never had a proper job made me pi$$ myself laughing and god knows we need a laugh at the moment.
      He want on to say "that 17 years ago I told you all that I will lead a campaign to lead the UK out of the EU, you all laughed at me, well, you not laughing now"

Utterly Brilliant Nigel

He should have sung, well it's all gone quite, all gone quite, it's all gone quite over there, and there, and there, and there.

Now that would have been funny
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
        He want on to say "that 17 years ago I told you all that I will lead a campaign to lead the UK out of the EU, you all laughed at me, well, you not laughing now"

Utterly Brilliant Nigel

He should have sung, well it's all gone quite, all gone quite, it's all gone quite over there, and there, and there, and there.

Now that would have been funny
        Haha, the thought of it !
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

• There is talk of us joining NAFTA and changing the name to North Atlantic. What would you feel about this?

I understand IDS has already visited the U.S. and discussed this with a number of representatives.
          Last edited by jmelanie; 29-06-2016, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• The thing that does not make sense to me is this threat of tariffs from the EU.

I have read that the tariffs could be levelled at 3%.

Well, we send them £10 billion's worth of goods a year, so we will pay them £300 million a year in tariffs, roughly 1 weeks payment of being in the EU.

Then if we reciprocate and stick 3% on the £80 billion worth of goods from the EU, that come's in at £2.4 billion.

So a £2.1 billion profit.

Am I missing something here?, as tariffs sound a good idea for Great Britian.
            Last edited by cross it Dave; 29-06-2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              There is talk of us joining NAFTA and changing the name to North Atlantic. What would you feel about this?

I understand IDS has already visited the U.S. and discussed this with a number of representatives.
              We have a great arrangement with the States already, we have a trade surplus and no tariffs with them, so I am led to believe, hard to understand with Trident replacement, Apple and Microsoft etc.

Though they do like our Land Rover Jaguars cars, they were everywhere in Colarado last winter.

Comment

• David Cameron blaming the EU for Brexit for ignoring our concerns on immigration.
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  David Cameron blaming the EU for Brexit for ignoring our concerns on immigration.
                  He has got a point to be fair. That was one of the concessions he was aiming for and only partly achieved.

Comment

• think if he had come back with real curbs on free movement there would have been a completely different result. He came back with nothing and tried to hood-wink an increasingly concerned public
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      He has got a point to be fair. That was one of the concessions he was aiming for and only partly achieved.
                      Yes, he had a proposal accepted, but it would not have been passed, or vetoed by only just one of the other 27 countries until after the referendum. But he spun it out as a fact that had been agreed
                      Last edited by Olly; 29-06-2016, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• I think I would have only voted REMAIN if most of the powers given to the EU were returned to the U.K. and the EU went back to what it was when we first joined. That was never going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                          I think I would have only voted REMAIN if most of the powers given to the EU were returned to the U.K. and the EU went back to what it was when we first joined. That was never going to happen.
                          So basically before the Eastern European country's joined?

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            David Cameron blaming the EU for Brexit for ignoring our concerns on immigration.
                            Well, it's entirely their own fault mate. Personally, I think Cameron should have aimed for a lot more than he tried for, but ultimately, they gave him nothing. They've made their bed and now have to lie in it. Hopefully, they don't wet it too much.

Lost a lot of respect for Cameron the moment he tried to claim he had done a good deal. Lost a lot more once he started the lies and scaremongering. Shame really, as he did at least deliver the referendum he promised.

Hopefully, this may just make everybody more politically aware, realise the importance of democracy and ensure that the politicians from all sides start to behave more honestly and stop trying to fool us into thinking they know better.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                              The thing that does not make sense to me is this threat of tariffs from the EU.

I have read that the tariffs could be levelled at 3%.

Well, we send them £10 billion's worth of goods a year, so we will pay them £300 million a year in tariffs, roughly 1 weeks payment of being in the EU.

Then if we reciprocate and stick 3% on the £80 billion worth of goods from the EU, that come's in at £2.4 billion.

So a £2.1 billion profit.

Am I missing something here?, as tariffs sound a good idea for Great Britian.
                              Consumers will suffer the increase in price of goods on the streets. It's also more about % of our output that is exported to EU. For us, it's nearly 13%. For EU. % of output is less than 5%. So on face of we would have to replace more with world trade than EU. Of course there's no reason to say we won't do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                                So basically before the Eastern European country's joined?
                                Not necessarily. The common market we voted for was basically just a free trade agreement without all the bureaucracy of Brussels. Yes it was before the other countries joined (not only Eastern Europe). The countries in the original common market basically had the same standard of living and their economies were similar. Countries with different economies does not work in the EU of today. There main divide is between north and south. Even Italy is talking about have two Euros (the currency), one for the northern countries and one for the southern countries.

Comment

Working...
                                X