No announcement yet.

Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An independent Scotland can wait in line with an independent London behind Turkey and Albania to join the EU party.

A lot of stupid people coming out of the woodwork this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Okay, I'm going to lay my cards on the table. It was a very difficult decision for me to vote remain. I even hesitated in the polling booth. However, having considered things very carefully in the aftermath, and having felt an incredible surge at the vote to leave, especially as it is democracy in action and not what the establishment wanted or expected, I will say this: if there was a second referendum, I would vote leave. The EU is a failed, undemocratic and corrupt institution. I am in no way a fan of many of those on the leave side, but for me, the breath of fresh air from democracy is exhilarating. I want more of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        If you're on the likes of facebook then you'd understand. It's in response to all the public weeping, wailing and woe is me by the white London liberal middle-classes. For so-called educated types the fact they're finding it so hard to accept being on the losing side of the democratic process is utterly cringeworthy. Whinging on and on like a bunch of spoilt children.
        Spot on. I've found it incredibly hard to keep quiet on Facebook. I can't recall ever seeing so many holier than thou posts as in the last few days.

Comment

• The crying goes on and on and on.
          Saying they want a public enquiry and another referendum now.
          Oh and all this young people don't want to leave the EU is even more bleating, cos it was the biggest turn out of under 26 year olds in a vote in this countries history.

Comment

• Although i was a strongly in the remain camp, i do find this talk of having a second referendum pathetic. As much as i feel leaving wont be great for us, it would be far worse to go back on a democratic vote and would ruin everything this country stands for.

Vote has been decided, now whether you were an inny or an outty we are all in the same boat, so stop moaning and move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
              Although i was a strongly in the remain camp, i do find this talk of having a second referendum pathetic. As much as i feel leaving wont be great for us, it would be far worse to go back on a democratic vote and would ruin everything this country stands for.

Vote has been decided, now whether you were an inny or an outty we are all in the same boat, so stop moaning and move forward.
              Well said. A 2nd vote would mean absolute chaos. Time for unity.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                Well said. A 2nd vote would mean absolute chaos. Time for unity.
                it would spark civil war
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

• Posts like this are utterly embarrassing:

Comment

• 2nd vote is waste of time. But our economy is ####ed and our politicians are backtracking already. We've basically just gone and thrown away all our powers within the EU to 'take control back' yet the lead Leaver, has said he wants to keep the freedom of movement for people in tact if we leave the EU... and for those who are worried about turkey, we wont be able to veto them if Boris goes ahead with his plans.
                    Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                    Lovejoy: "No?!"
                    Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

• Long way to go yet, but always thought that immigration wouldn't really change even if we did leave. Early signs this is the case and many of the leave campaigners were in fact lieing. Not to say remain arnt liars as im sure there are both on either side.

for the record, the EU requires 52 different measures to be met by any country wishing to apply. out of the 52 "rules" Turkey managed to pass 1! Will be centuries before they are anywhere near joining imho.

Comment

Long way to go yet, but always thought that immigration wouldn't really change even if we did leave. Early signs this is the case and many of the leave campaigners were in fact lieing. Not to say remain arnt liars as im sure there are both on either side.

for the record, the EU requires 52 different measures to be met by any country wishing to apply. out of the 52 "rules" Turkey managed to pass 1! Will be centuries before they are anywhere near joining imho.
                        True but doesn't the fact they want them to join worry you even the slightest bit?
                        For me that is the problem with the EU, it is all about Political power and not the economic reasons it has always been sold to us on.

Comment

• I feel you will end up with a deal like the one Norway have. EEA.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                            2nd vote is waste of time. But our economy is ####ed and our politicians are backtracking already. We've basically just gone and thrown away all our powers within the EU to 'take control back' yet the lead Leaver, has said he wants to keep the freedom of movement for people in tact if we leave the EU... and for those who are worried about turkey, we wont be able to veto them if Boris goes ahead with his plans.
                            No G I don't think our Brexit politicians are backtracking they couldn't say and didn't say one or the other what THEY would do because the have no power to do anything that's up to the priminister and his cabinet to deal with the mandate the countries vote gave them , the Brexit campaigning politicians to a man said it wouldn't be easy to begin with , what's going on now is money market dealers doing what they do with the money exchange and stocks and shares ie sell when commodities are high and then buy when they are low , it's a question of the government m p's and dealers holding their nerve

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              True but doesn't the fact they want them to join worry you even the slightest bit?
                              For me that is the problem with the EU, it is all about Political power and not the economic reasons it has always been sold to us on.
                              absolutely it does and i agree, it does come across as they want everyone and anyone to join in order to have more economical power.

Either way, out of it now, going to take a few years, just got to have faith we dont fark it up too badly in the mean time.

What are the "out" voters thoughts on Boris being PM now? looks like its his for the taking. comes across as a bit of a bumbling idiot, but in reality, i dont think he would be that bad.

Comment

absolutely it does and i agree, it does come across as they want everyone and anyone to join in order to have more economical power.

Either way, out of it now, going to take a few years, just got to have faith we dont fark it up too badly in the mean time.

What are the "out" voters thoughts on Boris being PM now? looks like its his for the taking. comes across as a bit of a bumbling idiot, but in reality, i dont think he would be that bad.
                                Yes, interesting isn't it.
                                The problem with Boris is I don't think he was really in the out camp but ran with that as it could further his career. We would be better off with someone who actually believes in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X