Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
    Just got back from the polling station and guess who was in front of me in the queue? Our ex-cleaner who is Polish and has a Polish passport. She handed over a polling card and nobody said anything. After she had left to vote, I queried this with the person taking the cards. She told me that if someone had a polling card then they could vote and seemed totally disinterested in the fact that she was not eligible. This is true because I witnessed it myself. As you can imagine I am not too happy about this.
    But how can you be certain she was ineligible? E.g. maybe she has dual-citizenship, for whatever reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      But how can you be certain she was ineligible? E.g. maybe she has dual-citizenship, for whatever reason.
      Christ....you've mellowed with the result Stanley......last night you were suggesting a rigged referendum.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnykc View Post
        Christ....you've mellowed with the result Stanley......last night you were suggesting a rigged referendum.......
        Johnny, honestly this result has gone a long way to restoring my faith in democracy. I seriously am still in shock over this. I'm feeling a lot more positive and less cynical than before, and hope it lasts.

Comment

• Any word from Beckham yet?
          Has he resigned as well ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
            Let me be the first (or one of) to congratulate the Leavers. I truly hope that your faith in our future prosperity outside of Europe is well placed, and my fears are misplaced. I've enjoyed the lively discussion !

You won't be surprised to hear of course that for me I feel very sad - it feels to me like a bleak day for the UK (which is now under threat itself as an entity) and Europe. However, as I say, if I'm hopefully wrong, I'll be the first to raise a glass to those who voted leave.

Back to discussing something we can mostly unite on - our beloved Rangers!
            Well said mate.

I can't help but think though, that had the EU been more reasonable in the recent negotiations, this result would not have happened.

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            I have to admit, I am a little stunned by this result, and also a little shocked by the deep divisions it has revealed in our society, but at the same time, I can't deny it's exciting to see actual democracy in action. Wow. What next I wonder?
            It is indeed exciting Hubs. I'm guessing that it will soon be shown that these divisions are more widespread than many of us ever imagined.

And now a "no confidence" motion issued in respect of Mr Corbyn.

Comment

• Iv'e heard some whining from those that voted in how unfair it is , but when the eastern Europeans came to the work and undercut wages in the construction industries along with logistics and now Uber has come to shaft taxi and mini cab trade , oh that was alright that's just fair competition , strange when their city bonuses are under threat even tho it will be SHORT TERM or some like Tom the bricky and Joe the plumber lose their job oh it's all so unfair , well today they now realise life is a 2 way street

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                Looking like a great victory for truth...
                I profoundly disagree with this. I think both sides have been guilty of bending the truth/lying.
                This referendum has made me even more cynical about what politicians say

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  I have to admit, I am a little stunned by this result, and also a little shocked by the deep divisions it has revealed in our society, but at the same time, I can't deny it's exciting to see actual democracy in action. Wow. What next I wonder?
                  H you shouldn't be stunned that was'nt just a vote against the EU it was also a vote against the establishment the blue coler worker has been shafted for too long we have only known a one party tory state for roughly 40 years you need to go back as far as Harold Wilson for any political choice creating the country being covered by the haves in and around London and the have nots elsewhere
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 24-06-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    ...creating the country being covered by the haves in and around London and the have note elsewhere
                    Predictive text playing up mate?

Comment

• Hopefully now everyone will stop banging on about this and concentrate on working together to take the country forward.

Comment

• You have to remember that small towns outside London think differently. My parents used to live in a small town called Rothwell in Northants. and the people who lived in Desborough, a town about 5 miles away were considered to be foreigners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Predictive text playing up mate?
                          Yeah got a mind of its own Stan

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Yeah got a mind of its own Stan
                            I'll take a stab that the word you intended was 'dividing'

Comment

• Wow. Can't believe that happened. Don't think Scotland will leave as they literally cannot finance themselves with oil priced as low as it is now and they will have to adopt the Euro.. Don't think Northern Ireland will be up for it either.\

Hopefully Cameron's replacement isn't worse than him...

Today has been chaos but not just for the UK, the whole world. Switzerland is the only market in Europe that hasn't dropped more than us today..

Comment

• Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                                Wow. Can't believe that happened. Don't think Scotland will leave as they literally cannot finance themselves with oil priced as low as it is now and they will have to adopt the Euro.. Don't think Northern Ireland will be up for it either.\

Hopefully Cameron's replacement isn't worse than him...

Today has been chaos but not just for the UK, the whole world. Switzerland is the only market in Europe that hasn't dropped more than us today..
                                I hope Scotland do leave the UK join the failing EU and all the Turks,Alabanians,Poles,Romanians and the rest all go and flood them,take low paid jobs in everything and push there wages down just like here and let's see if they want to remain then ? They have been shielded from all of this and don't realise the consquences and the best thing of all that total t w a t sturgeon would resign.
                                Like any Divorce the pain is there for a short time but in the end it is for the better and things move on,looking forward to getting my BRITSH passport back :p)

Comment

Working...
                                X