Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
    Makes sense mate. You have the Murdoch owned outlets cranking up the leave vote (the sun for example) and you have the more government influenced outlets spinning for the remain vote. Could bore you with althusser's theory on ideological state apparatuses but we will save that for another day
    Even The Sun have buckled now mate.
    Big two page Cameron spread telling the commoners to remain if the want to keep their dole money in todays paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Mr Cox given prime main terrestial channel news time to mourn his wife and urge people to vote remain in her loving memory.
      Also a complete media blackout on the Calais riots going on right now.
      Sorry to say this, but the whole country's media is making sure it's a remain vote.
      An absolute disgrace mate, isn't it. Typical of the manner in which the remain campaign has gone about their business. One lie after another, followed by a stunt like that.

Cameron was even giving a speech this morning, right outside the door of Number 10. Shocking abuse of privilege.

Comment

• It really is mate . The most biased and unfair vote ever given to the people imo.
        But saying that, they didn't let us vote to go into Europe, how they going to be expected to play fair in letting us vote to get out.

Comment

• Jmelanie / Brightonr

Suggest more reading: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...orwegian-model

We will be paying. That is a clear fact.
          Negotiating independent deals with other EU countries is extraordinarily unlikely. More over - non EU countries will likely wait to see what trade agreement we come to with the EU before they agree a deal with us. So one of the very first things that's likely to happen if we Brexit, is a process to negotiate a trade agreement with them (the EU).

Comment

• Clarkson and May getting involved now. Made a patronising 'top gear' style remain video.
            Wonder who pays them, cos that's hundreds of thousands to get them to do that.
            Beckham can't of been cheap either,

Comment

• Is this made up rubbish?

Comment

The theory is based on the fact that the EU won't want other countries within the EU seeing how easy it is to leave and prosper. Otherwise they will all call for referendums and that will be the end of the EU. They may seek to make an example of us to warn off other countries from leaving. Basically take an economic hit in return for maintaining the survival of the EU (which I assume is their main prioirity). Whether you subscribe to that theory or not is up to you, we will soon find out. Both arguments make sense to me
                This isn't a fact.

Comment

• Jo cox lost her life to help the remain party. Very iffy , don't under estimate the legal villains .
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Originally posted by Snaxo View Post
                    Jmelanie / Brightonr

Suggest more reading: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...orwegian-model

We will be paying. That is a clear fact.
                    Negotiating independent deals with other EU countries is extraordinarily unlikely. More over - non EU countries will likely wait to see what trade agreement we come to with the EU before they agree a deal with us. So one of the very first things that's likely to happen if we Brexit, is a process to negotiate a trade agreement with them (the EU).
                    I have already read reports about Norway. However we are not Norway. You might as well compare us with Switzerland (which has more free trade agreements with non European countries than the EU). However we are not Switzerland. The author ends his report by saying that this is not necessarily what would happen in the U.K.

We are the 5th largest economy in the world and in the next 15-20 years we are set to become the 4th largest after China, United States and India. This has nothing to do with our being in or out of the EU. It is mostly due to our leading position in global software and IT sectors, something which will only increase in future years. The future is actually not with Europe but with the developing countries like India and Brazil whose economies are set to pass both Germany and France in the next few years.

Comment

• Oh dear, Lord Sugar.

And it's been claimed that those wanting to leave are racist !!

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                        Jo cox lost her life to help the remain party. Very iffy , don't under estimate the legal villains .
                        I agree Van, the timing is highly suspicious, and I say this from the perspective of being a reluctant Remainer, for this kind of reason. But there's no good 'side' as far as I can see. Both sides represent highly dubious forms of capitalism or even quasi-fascism, and the Leave campaign is dominated by those on the right or far right, which makes it almost impossible for me to feel an alliance with them. And the Remain/EU side - despite it being dominated by the banking cabal and the Troika - has clear evidence of social justice, whereas the leave side has only vague promises, and I cannot accept the promises for social justice or for the NHS from someone of Boris Johnson's ilk. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, I'm stuck in the middle and am seriously considering abstaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          This isn't a fact.
                          So the EU wants other countries within the EU to see they are better off on their own and eventually leave? Interesting... please enlighten me

Comment

Makes sense mate. You have the Murdoch owned outlets cranking up the leave vote (the sun for example) and you have the more government influenced outlets spinning for the remain vote. Could bore you with althusser's theory on ideological state apparatuses but we will save that for another day
                            Sky News is 100% remain, ask Fasial Islam.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                              An absolute disgrace mate, isn't it. Typical of the manner in which the remain campaign has gone about their business. One lie after another, followed by a stunt like that.

Cameron was even giving a speech this morning, right outside the door of Number 10. Shocking abuse of privilege.
                              If we do not get get Brexit in 2016, all Brexiters should vote UKIP in 2020, just a 4 year delay, that nice man Nigel we lead us out then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post

Is this made up rubbish?
                                That money would pay for hundreds of new British hospitals to be build or old ones modernised.

The money would pay for thousand of crumbling schools to be repaired.

That money would pay for more and better military equipment, an example was only having only land rovers in Iraq not AFV's and not enough helicopter in Afghsnistsn, as a result British soldiers died.

That money could pay the heating bills for our pensioners. Justine Greening seems quite happy to see 20,000 die every winter, she a remainer by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X