Europe. In or out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knocker View Post
    12 out of 47 vote to stay in so far. Bet nearly all are from looney left!
    Yawn. Everyone else has respected people's opinions in this debate.

Comment

OUT the only way to control our boarders and everyone agrees including most in campaigners also to stop faceless unelected people introducing laws to our country

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        OUT the only way to control our boarders and everyone agrees including most in campaigners also to stop faceless unelected people introducing laws to our country
        Does leaving the EU mean we will abolish the house of lords?

Comment

In of course, I can't see on what basis anyone would choose out.

Comment

hope so unelected chamber full of kronies

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
              In of course, I can't see on what basis anyone would choose out.
              so being able to govern our own country wouldn't be a good enough reason

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                If we were out, we'd probably be doing our damnedest to get in, such is the contrarian nature of this sceptred isle
                You're right. The only reason we wanted to join in the first place was because De Gaulle said "non".

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                  If you chose to leave, will that effect our recruitment of players, In any way?
                  It would depend on what agreement we come to with the EU. Players already here when we left (which could take up to 2 years) would be able to stay, so in the short term there could be an influx of players from EU countries as well as other workers.

Comment

Ok, Melanie. Thanks!
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

And to manage our borders!!!
                      Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 17-05-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

only if it is being governed in "our" favour. Just because the new decision makers are of British descent rather than German/French/Belgian doesn't mean things are going to be governed for the masses. Im out btw, just not for the reasons most are giving which I think are flawed

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                          Does leaving the EU mean we will abolish the house of lords?

The phrase "faceless unelected bureaucrat" always amuses me. Don't we have any in this country, namely the permanent government of civil servants who are our real masters, the elected ones with faces do change from time to time but the bureaucrats stay forever

Comment

only if it is being governed in "our" favour. Just because the new decision makers are of British descent rather than German/French/Belgian doesn't mean things are going to be governed for the masses. Im out btw, just not for the reasons most are giving which I think are flawed
                            The Germans, French or Belgians should have no rights what so ever to have any say in how we run our country. Thats the whole point!

We might make bad choices too but thats for us British to decide amongst ourselves and then deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                              The Germans, French or Belgians should have no rights what so ever to have any say in how we run our country. Thats the whole point!

We might make bad choices too but thats for us British to decide amongst ourselves and then deal with it.
                              Love the use of rhetoric "us British" and "decide amongst ourselves" as if us (the masses) have any say in how the country is organised. If it makes you feel better that the decision maker is British rather than foreign then fair enough but don't expect the elites to suddenly be more focused on improving society.

Comment

Love the use of rhetoric "us British" and "decide amongst ourselves" as if us (the masses) have any say in how the country is organised. If it makes you feel better that the decision maker is British rather than foreign then fair enough but don't expect the elites to suddenly be more focused on improving society.
                                I understand what your saying mate about the so called 'elites'.

However I still strongly believe that Europe takes the p*ss out of us and right now has us bent over the desk and keeps screwing the crap out of us every single day. I also don't believe Cameron negotiated anything better for us what so ever and I say that as a Conservative voter.

This country is more than capable to stand on it's own two feet and govern itself whilst we still stand with Europe but just not be governed by it. We are not perfect but I like our British values and way of life and I shudder at the thought of my children growing up in Britain with this open door policy and pray to god we are out of the EU before Turkey joins it.

Comment

Working...
                                X