A Palace perspective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Palace Fan View Post
    Honestly tempted to put a fiver on us staying up.
    Confident then
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• I'll be honest, we're in a bit of a mess right now.

Comment

I'll be honest, we're in a bit of a mess right now.
        I think completely f@cked is the correct phrase!

Comment

• The way I see it is that we are in a much better situation than we were last year. This season is still salvageable.

Comment

The way I see it is that we are in a much better situation than we were last year. This season is still salvageable.
            The season starts tomorrow! How is having no manager being in a better situation? The word Palace Fan, is now DELUDED!

Comment

• Last year we were 10 games in and rock bottom. This season, well, it hasn't even started yet!

Comment

• Hilarious tread just noticed it.

If there is one thing ive learned supporting a smallish club prone to disasters is that its best not to go around giving it the great i-am - football has a nasty habbit of making u look a bit, well, im sure you dont need me to spell it out for u now...

Comment

• A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Close enough?

Comment

The way I see it is that we are in a much better situation than we were last year. This season is still salvageable.
                    Well that's true.

Comment

• a fiver?
                      not one thing needs to be said apart from....i hope your mummy won't miss it from her purse(if your daddy allows one!!). byeeeeeeeeeee........
                      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

• I took it from your mums purse instead. Byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee

Comment

• Be interesting to know exactly why he departed, remember some time back him saying at Stoke he was involved in everything and transformed the way the club was from a lower league club to a premiership club. Probably why MH was able to guide the club to mid table security when he took over.
                          When Pullis got CP safe, he started saying that behind the scenes the club needed modernising or something.
                          Does seem the owners and managers view differed.
                          As to us HR seems to have little interest in anything off field and actually his old school way of just being a manager has worked well with our owners, he doesn't appear to be that bothered by our vision and just gets on with it and tries to get results.
                          Interesting that MH was a type of manager that also like Pullis was interested in all things associated with the club but unlike Pullis MH messed it up at ours.
                          So what is happening at SP does have an interest for us, as clubs we are both small fish trying to survive in a big pond, how does such a fish evolve and strenghthen? Should the board be the final adjudicator on all issues including transfers and if the manager disagrees off he goes like Pullis. Maybe if our board was more like CP we would have got rid of MH earlier. Alternately should a clear barriers be erected and a manager who is appointed is fully backed and given full autonomy to deal with all footballing issues including transfers.
                          Be interesting what type our next manager will be? Will it be a Pullis type interventionist who wants to be involved in everything or HR old Skool that just gets on with what he's given and just aims for getting results.
                          Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 16-08-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• Gutting result but we did a lot better than I thought we would.
                            Last edited by Palace Fan; 16-08-2014, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Gutting result but we did a lot better than I thought we would.
                              You me both, it was a shame they got one right at the end.

Comment

• Premier League has sold out for pull your trousers up Vincent Tan.

Comment

Working...
                                X