No announcement yet.

QPR 2 Cardiff City 1 **Match Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently on Fanscore with less than 2 mins left to vote, Smyth is in 1st place for MOTM with almost 90% of the vote!
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• A very important and satisfying win today. Well done Ollie and the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Why have you always gotta have a dig mate?

I'm thrilled for Smyth, I genuinely am, and I hope he goes on to be an important player for us. Doesn't change the fact it was a huge gamble that has paid off for Ollie today.

I'd also point out that rather than lording a great tactical decision by your hero today, shouldn't we be questioning why we've been watching rubbish performances by Washington and Mackie all season if we have kids like Smyth and Osayi-Samuel waiting in the wings?

I maintain what I said earlier. We shouldn't just be picking kids out of the reserves and rolling the dice with them, just cos the manager is under pressure. If we have kids as good as Smyth looked today, they should have been in and around the first team all season.
        Pinkie, he's right.

However. Great job everyone involved today that's a bloody awesome start to the new year.

Enjoy winning and have a beer or 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Turn it in mate. How does picking Smyth make perfect sense? It's a roll of the dice of the biggest nature. The lad didn't even have a squad number yesterday.

Like I said, I hope it comes off. But I think it's a crazy gamble. I'd also think BOS will be sat on the bench scratching his head as well.
          here you go tarbs
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Great win. Just got back from work to watch second half on player. Hope was alive only 0-0 at half time. Then history repeating itself with crap ref awarding a soft penalty to the away team!!! Thought: "Happy new year? No, Fark off. Everything the same as last year." Hope showed its ugly, evil face as per usual.

But the players hadn´t given up, and started chasing the game. So finally lady luck turned with the brilliant set piece goal from Robbo and Smith, and what a debutant goal from Smyth.

And the holding out in the end, with nail biting finish and ref considering giving them the offside goal.

Great start to the year.

Oh and BTW. Great line up from the "clueless chestbeaters". Credit where it´s due. Especially considering the OTT abuse they have been getting for most of the season.

Happy new year to you all.
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              Pinkie, he's right.

However. Great job everyone involved today that's a bloody awesome start to the new year.

Enjoy winning and have a beer or 10.
              Is he fook right & you was wrong earlier slating the decision, at the end of the day it was a stroke by ollie wether you like it or not! get over it

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                here you go tarbs
                Just enjoy the win lads

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                  Great win. Just got back from work to watch second half on player. Hope was alive only 0-0 at half time. Then history repeating itself with crap ref awarding a soft penalty to the away team!!! Thought: "Happy new year? No, Fark off. Everything the same as last year." Hope showed its ugly, evil face as per usual.

But the players hadn´t given up, and started chasing the game. So finally lady luck turned with the brilliant set piece goal from Robbo and Smith, and what a debutant goal from Smyth.

And the holding out in the end, with nail biting finish and ref considering giving them the offside goal.

Great start to the year.

Oh and BTW. Great line up from the "clueless chestbeaters". Credit where it´s due. Especially considering the OTT abuse they have been getting for most of the season.

Happy new year to you all.
                  Good win just think IH was a bit luckier today but still think he
                  is not the man for us

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    Just enjoy the win lads
                    I am bill loved it, was exactly the performance we needed and showing the players are playing for the manager! makes me laugh its now not a masterstroke by ollie to play smyth yet some on here go on about he never plays his youngsters lol

Comment

• We recovered very well from what was another crap penalty against us, I know some of you say those things even themselves out, I'm not seeing it though, we haven't had a pk since the 1st match and yet Matty Smith has been manhandled in the box often, I'm not bitter in victory though, that was a great win against the odds!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                        Can't believe I am in agreement with you.
                        Also quite fitting that it was one of your own country men that stole the show today.
                        Onwards and upwards
                        Great for young Paul's confidence ,but I think he is Northern Irish ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          He is!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                            Oh well, he is defiantly one for the future if he can perform how he did today.
                            He also had a constant smile on his face all game.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              I am bill loved it, was exactly the performance we needed and showing the players are playing for the manager! makes me laugh its now not a masterstroke by ollie to play smyth yet some on here go on about he never plays his youngsters lol
                              Masterstroke ? Not sure about that cause why not play him
                              In earlier games.

This league is a lottery some you win some you lose.....just wve
                              Lost more than we should.

Will he keep playing Bos,Smyth Oteh etc i would but dont think he will

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post
                                He is!
                                Yes he is.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X