Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1QPRDK
    replied
    Great win. Just got back from work to watch second half on player. Hope was alive only 0-0 at half time. Then history repeating itself with crap ref awarding a soft penalty to the away team!!! Thought: "Happy new year? No, Fark off. Everything the same as last year." Hope showed its ugly, evil face as per usual.

But the players hadnīt given up, and started chasing the game. So finally lady luck turned with the brilliant set piece goal from Robbo and Smith, and what a debutant goal from Smyth.

And the holding out in the end, with nail biting finish and ref considering giving them the offside goal.

Great start to the year.

Oh and BTW. Great line up from the "clueless chestbeaters". Credit where itīs due. Especially considering the OTT abuse they have been getting for most of the season.

Happy new year to you all.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Turn it in mate. How does picking Smyth make perfect sense? It's a roll of the dice of the biggest nature. The lad didn't even have a squad number yesterday.

Like I said, I hope it comes off. But I think it's a crazy gamble. I'd also think BOS will be sat on the bench scratching his head as well.
    here you go tarbs

Leave a comment:

• topperharley
    replied
    Why have you always gotta have a dig mate?

I'm thrilled for Smyth, I genuinely am, and I hope he goes on to be an important player for us. Doesn't change the fact it was a huge gamble that has paid off for Ollie today.

I'd also point out that rather than lording a great tactical decision by your hero today, shouldn't we be questioning why we've been watching rubbish performances by Washington and Mackie all season if we have kids like Smyth and Osayi-Samuel waiting in the wings?

I maintain what I said earlier. We shouldn't just be picking kids out of the reserves and rolling the dice with them, just cos the manager is under pressure. If we have kids as good as Smyth looked today, they should have been in and around the first team all season.
    Pinkie, he's right.

However. Great job everyone involved today that's a bloody awesome start to the new year.

Enjoy winning and have a beer or 10.

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    A very important and satisfying win today. Well done Ollie and the team.

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Currently on Fanscore with less than 2 mins left to vote, Smyth is in 1st place for MOTM with almost 90% of the vote!

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied

I'm thrilled for Smyth, I genuinely am, and I hope he goes on to be an important player for us. Doesn't change the fact it was a huge gamble that has paid off for Ollie today.

I'd also point out that rather than lording a great tactical decision by your hero today, shouldn't we be questioning why we've been watching rubbish performances by Washington and Mackie all season if we have kids like Smyth and Osayi-Samuel waiting in the wings?

I maintain what I said earlier. We shouldn't just be picking kids out of the reserves and rolling the dice with them, just cos the manager is under pressure. If we have kids as good as Smyth looked today, they should have been in and around the first team all season.
    Hold on a minute tarbs, dont be hyprocritical, you knocked me early on here for backing up smyth being chosen, telling me to give it a rest did you not?

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Well done, QPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
    Can't believe I am in agreement with you.
    Also quite fitting that it was one of your own country men that stole the show today.
    Onwards and upwards
    Great to see after all the bigging up on the warnock thread! ollies outsmarted warnock today and hopefully we`ll start clicking more now! great to have a youngster getting a cracking strikers goal aswell

Leave a comment:

• lymehoop
    replied
    well done Rangers, had a feeling we'd win today

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Good job tarbs ollie didnt take youre advice son hey! we`ve a cracking player in smyth & oteh looks good aswell and good pace

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    What a difference having pace up top makes

Ollie got the subs spot on today

Really good in Thecsecond half I’m over the moon

Leave a comment:

• Fraggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Our most important win of the season so far,well done the R's
    Can't believe I am in agreement with you.
    Also quite fitting that it was one of your own country men that stole the show today.
    Onwards and upwards

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Originally posted by Macca View Post
    Just need to repeat it inthe cup next week play the same starting 11 to give them confidence, I doubt that he will.
    Think he will play ALL our boys

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Originally posted by Macca View Post
    Just need to repeat it inthe cup next week play the same starting 11 to give them confidence, I doubt that he will.
    We don't do Cups, you should know that!

Leave a comment:

• Macca
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X