No announcement yet.

Derby Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought we made Derby look miles better than they actually are.

Would love to see our tackle count because I cannot remember anyone making one.

Move on, quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Thought we made Derby look miles better than they actually are.

Agreed, and bet our pass completion rate was appalling too, especially 2nd half.

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Move on, quick.
      Absolutely.

Comment

• IMO, we looked very lively and creative the first then minutes but then something strange happened. No sure what, but Luke Freeman who was our main man in midfield looked really worked up after that.
        Last edited by Shania; 02-04-2017, 05:22 PM.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Thought we made Derby look miles better than they actually are.

Move on, quick.
          13 tackles in that game, we average 15.1 per game at the moment.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Agreed, and bet our pass completion rate was appalling too, especially 2nd half.

Absolutely.
            Pass success was 64%, we average 69% usually
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Pass success was 64%, we average 69% usually
              Specifically 2nd half though Nasser. As I say it seemed much worse then compared to 1st.

Comment

Specifically 2nd half though Nasser. As I say it seemed much worse then compared to 1st.
                65 first half, 63 second

Comment

65 first half, 63 second
                  Yup, sounds more like it. 6% below our average, and that figure would be a lot worse based on the 7 games preceding Derby.

Comment

Yup, sounds more like it. 6% below our average, and that figure would be a lot worse based on the 7 games preceding Derby.
                    7 Games preceding derby we had an average of 66.7% pass accuracy. Below the season average.

Comment

7 Games preceding derby we had an average of 66.7% pass accuracy. Below the season average.
                      Hmm I find that a bit hard to believe TBH considering how much better we were playing in those games compared to the rest of the season. There must be something not being revealed in those stats to explain the discrepancy. Doesn't make sense otherwise...

Comment

• You could pass accurately and go backwards or sideways (as we did earlier in the season).

Comment

Hmm I find that a bit hard to believe TBH considering how much better we were playing in those games compared to the rest of the season. There must be something not being revealed in those stats to explain the discrepancy. Doesn't make sense otherwise...
                          we played more risky passes is my logical explanation. Not much safe play, plenty of long balls, chances are that's gonna bring down the average.

Also important to note, pass accuracy isn't in any way a determinant in quality of performance. A team with high pass accuracy could just be passing it around the back a lot, a team with low passing accuracy could just need one pass to make it through for them to score.

Comment

we played more risky passes is my logical explanation. Not much safe play, plenty of long balls, chances are that's gonna bring down the average.

Also important to note, pass accuracy isn't in any way a determinant in quality of performance. A team with high pass accuracy could just be passing it around the back a lot, a team with low passing accuracy could just need one pass to make it through for them to score.
                            True. Probably a better reflection would be % of completed *forward* passes compared to preceding 7 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              IMO, we looked very lively and creative the first then minutes but then something strange happened. No sure what, but Luke Freeman who was our main man in midfield looked really worked up after that.
                              Very true. The first ten minutes or so we looked superb, i thought we were going to play them off the park. (I even posted in here its like watching Barca in hoops) .....Sat there thinking is this a dream, this is the beautiful game, ended up in a nightmare.
                              How did it go so wrong?
                              Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 02-04-2017, 09:36 PM.

Comment

• One way we went wrong was because they exploited width, with three at the back you need really sound positional wing back cover. I'm on record here as saying I don't like wing backs anyway, I prefer proper full backs and at least one winger who can swap flanks, but if you must play wing backs supporting a three it has to be a lot tighter. A lot of the time I watch us and I think we're there for the taking at the back, I just think we'd be better served by a back four with Hall in it, even more convinced now that is where he belongs. Apart from anything else you need at least one of the back line capable of bring the ball forward. Like I said in the league we only have two clean sheets this year.

It also went wrong because they pressed up, a deep sat four with cover can negate high press. The truth is we simply weren't set up right for this one, live and learn.

Comment

Working...
                                X