No announcement yet.

Derby Match Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just back from derby , couldn't believe the space we gave baird and olsen , all their football came thru them . surely olly could see we were all over the place. furlong isn't good enough at this level . bidwells distribution is poor . the ball kept coming back to the defence last night . freeman and manning were ineffective and pawel goes missing for to long . i've loved some of the football i've seen lately at HQ but last night was really poor performance

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      It bloody well isn't Stanley, it's Olly!
      Even Ollie himself would disagree with you. Are you going to argue with him too?

His autobiography:

Plus his 'Little Book of Ollie'isms' which he also authored:

Comment

• Olly is barely literate. I am right.

Annnnyyyway, it's a nickname, so in point of fact, either is acceptable (although Olly is nicer on the eye IMO and don't forget, some people call him Holly - and given that it's Holloway, Olly is a more pertinent contraction), whereas as Conor is Conor's actual bloody name, not Connor!

Comment

Olly is barely literate. I am right.

Annnnyyyway, it's a nickname, so in point of fact, either is acceptable (although Olly is nicer on the eye IMO and don't forget, some people call him Holly - and given that it's Holloway, Olly is a more pertinent contraction), whereas as Conor is Conor's actual bloody name, not Connor!
          Would you say that to his face?

So even though he actually titles himself 'Ollie' in two books, (and is commonly known and referred to as Ollie) he is still wrong and you are right. Okaaaaay. Stubborn so-and-so at times aren't you mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post

So even though he actually titles himself 'Ollie' in two books, (and is commonly known and referred to as Ollie) he is still wrong and you are right. Okaaaaay. Stubborn so-and-so at times aren't you mate
            Yes, I would absolutely say it to his face: Olly, you don't even know how to spell yer own name mate!

And yes, I'm a right stubborn barsteward Stanley, you know that!

Comment

• Don't think the International Break helped. Two of the players who were ineffective were Pawel and Conor and Luonga was injured. At a crucial time of the season surely these games could be played at another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Don't think the International Break helped. Two of the players who were ineffective were Pawel and Conor and Luonga was injured. At a crucial time of the season surely these games could be played at another time.
                This break was also so World Cup Qualifiers could be played

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie
                  I know but why do the qualifiers have to be played at this crucial time of the season. Also I think the system needs to be changed to be something like the FA Cup. There should be a first round where teams who have very little chance of qualifying (Gibralter, Moldova for example) should play each other. Then in the second round the other teams should join in. This would immediately reduce the number of international breaks. Sorry maybe this should be in another thread.
                  The problem is that you are making them out to be nothing games Mel and football league should take priority. Beef is a proud Englishman. I respect the fact he watches england home and away. He loves england as much as he loves rangers. There is nothing wrong with that but too many people want to just dismiss international football because england have been poor. I still get excited every world cup with false hope. Your opinion is the norm and for me it is a worrying trend because you should be able to follow both
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• My take. Furlong really poor , the chief not much better, and a really poor second half display our passing was terrible, all of our problems came down Furlongs side , an awful lot of ball watching from him, and positional sense was very poor

Comment

• Think the main problem was we kept switching in the second half from 3 at the back to 5 at the back and then switching again and at one point when Ned was at right back he threw his arms up towards the bench as had no idea where he was supposed to be when Holloway started screaming at the defence

Comment

• Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                        Think the main problem was we kept switching in the second half from 3 at the back to 5 at the back and then switching again and at one point when Ned was at right back he threw his arms up towards the bench as had no idea where he was supposed to be when Holloway started screaming at the defence
                        Should have switched to 4-4-2 early doors in my opinion. Same as the Huddersfield match a few months back.

Is what is though. Could pick the bones out of it forever. Gotta take the rough with the smooth. We've been on a very good run and Friday night was a little reality check!

Comment

PS, talking about stubborn, who's tracked down that other thread to prove a bloody point?!

Comment

And yes, I'm a right stubborn barsteward Stanley, you know that!
                            Well if I didn't before I certainly do now

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                            PS, talking about stubborn, who's tracked down that other thread to prove a bloody point?!
                            Didn't 'track it down' mate, merely stumbled upon it at the same time as this thread. Anyway, was only meant in a bit of jest and certainly didn't expect such a defensive response

Happy to leave it there anyway

Comment

Well if I didn't before I certainly do now

Didn't 'track it down' mate, merely stumbled upon it at the same time as this thread. Anyway, was only meant in a bit of jest and certainly didn't expect such a defensive response

Happy to leave it there anyway
                              Oh, I thought it was a witty response Stanners, humorous, not defensive! I will accept bombastic.

Happy to move on, lets leave the other poor sods reading this thread in peace!

Comment

Oh, I thought it was a witty response Stanners, humorous, not defensive! I will accept bombastic.

Happy to move on, lets leave the other poor sods reading this thread in peace!

Ok, agreed - bombastic. I'm just nowhere near as expressive as you Hubs

Comment

Working...
                                X