Blackburn v QPR *Match Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
    OK. I get that. But Tbf I've singled him out twice. Not after every game. The other time after a successful result....... But the problem remains the midfield. It gets my goat. Rest of the team is OK ish. Ive been pulling my punches on here today, too. In a text to a mate I said Morrison was on for the Anonymous Australian/ P iss Poor Pacific Islander.
    That did make me laugh to be fair 77

Comment

• Furlong made a poor tackle just past the halfway line when they made the move towards our goal. Young lad learning the game but not sure we are in the position where he can learn on the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        Furlong made a poor tackle just past the halfway line when they made the move towards our goal. Young lad learning the game but not sure we are in the position where he can learn on the job.
        What is he doing up there with 1,5-2 minutes left of a game more important not to lose than to win? For 80 minutes you can play your normal offensive game but not the final 5-10 minutes and absolutely not during overtime! It is known from the day you are 15, don't push your luck! It makes me almost sad to see..

Comment

• Why did he start this match at all? Faults like this in yet anther match makes his Learning curve stiffer and stiffer? It doesn`t do him any any good at all..
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Why did he start this match at all? Faults like this in yet anther match makes his Learning curve stiffer and stiffer? It doesn`t do him any any good at all..
            Drop him and knock his confidence eh? That's the spirit.

Comment

• He should been subbed for Perch against Fulham the final 20 minutes or so but wasn't and also committed the foul for their goal, since then every team we played has targeted that (his) space and "quite" successful to say the least. Everyone can see this so I believe Ollie plays him for next season, that is the only reason I can see.

Besides DF I believe this actually looks quite good but why try to win this game with 1,5-2 minutes left? Madness imho..

Comment

• Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                What is he doing up there with 1,5-2 minutes left of a game more important not to lose than to win? For 80 minutes you can play your normal offensive game but not the final 5-10 minutes and absolutely not during overtime! It is known from the day you are 15, don't push your luck! It makes me almost sad to see..
                Following team orders.

Comment

• Originally posted by Olly View Post
                  Following team orders.
                  If that was the case it's madness.. why risk it?

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    Drop him and knock his confidence eh? That's the spirit.
                    No, that would have been wrong.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Furlong is not playing any better than luongo but due to his father being who he is he gets the benefit of the doubt all the time. Yes he is a young player but right now he is a weak link at the back and I think the position we are in makes it dangerous for us to keep him in the starting 11. We all want youth players to come through to the first but it should be because they are good enough not because of who their father is.

Comment

• Er we lost by a goal despite having an perfectly good goal disallowed. Hardly a major flaws or issues with the team. He was right to go for the win today all the way till the end. The big issue was last Saturday when we lost at home. Today we were let down by a decision and Wednesday we played fantastically.

Comment

• No one goes for the win all the way when it is more important not to lose than to win! Yes, if you have to win you go for it, if not you take your point and go home, if you haven't scored for 91 minutes out of 93 you secure your point! It is bacis tactics for anyone who has played a few impontant games..

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                            Furlong is not playing any better than luongo but due to his father being who he is he gets the benefit of the doubt all the time. Yes he is a young player but right now he is a weak link at the back and I think the position we are in makes it dangerous for us to keep him in the starting 11. We all want youth players to come through to the first but it should be because they are good enough not because of who their father is.
                            Sort of agree with you there 73, I didn't think Furlong got a fair crack of the whip first time round but I thought some proper game time at Swindon and Northampton would have done him well. He is better built and more physical but his positioning and all round defending is quite poor. I'm not saying throw him on the scrap heap but he needs to improve now, maybe a few clean sheets will get his confidence up.
                            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

• Look at the stick Luongo is getting who is not as bad as he is being made out and yet Furlong is not doing the basics correctly and is exempt from any criticism because of Paul Furlong being his old man. Never tracks a runner and positional play is poor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                                Furlong I reckon. Would be just like our fans to ruin a promising youngster.
                                Apart from his age what's promising about him. He was rightly excused for being rinsed by Sanchez a while back, went out on loan, didn't do much, come back and hasn't done much. What's promising?

Comment

Working...
                                X