On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Another dreadful cup night, every year I swear never again, to many poor performances tonight especially the midfield of Jenas and Faulin, Jenas goes backwards most of the time and Faulin was woeful, Korean left back is rubbish and SWP and Zamora are finished, just wish Zamora would retire gracefully and take insurance money, as it is sad to watch his decline.

Would rather have seen youngsters play as young Sharriff looks lively.

Always look out for your posts , see the game the same way I do.

Thank god I gave it a miss tonight

Comment

Im glad i stayed at home!
      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Wish I had, we have a decent starting 11 but short on back up

Comment

Lets just hope that performance doesn't affect the players recent confidence
          Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by suttonranger View Post
            Lets just hope that performance doesn't affect the players recent confidence
            That is always the danger, isn't it? When clubs pick and choose which competitions they will try their all in, and those they won't.

Comment

Should we really be unduly concerned about going out, surely the only aim this year is promotion

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                Another dreadful cup night, every year I swear never again, to many poor performances tonight especially the midfield of Jenas and Faulin, Jenas goes backwards most of the time and Faulin was woeful, Korean left back is rubbish and SWP and Zamora are finished, just wish Zamora would retire gracefully and take insurance money, as it is sad to watch his decline.

Would rather have seen youngsters play as young Sharriff looks lively.
                Thought you're being a little hard on Yun. Again I thought he played quite well unless I was watching a different game?

Agree with the rest though and think tonight's game has played perfectly into Harry's hand. He now has a case to take to the board that we aren't a strong enough squad if we lose some key players.
                Last edited by Dazzer1977; 27-08-2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                  Thought you're being a little hard on Yun. Again I thought he played quite well unless I was watching a different game?
                  I watched the same game as you by the sounds of it Dazzer.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    I watched the same game as you by the sounds of it Dazzer.
                    All about opinions, first half his positioning was terrible,kept turning into trouble and is very left footed,cannot kick the ball with his right foot to save his life, second half was better going forward and had a great chance to roll the ball across the goal for a easy tap in for AJ, instead he kicked it as hard as he could and nearly took out AJ.

Not good enough and would be a liability against better teams.

Comment

Originally posted by The Legendary No. 10 View Post
                      Should we really be unduly concerned about going out, surely the only aim this year is promotion
                      Yes, we should.

You really would have thought Redknapp would have learnt his lesson last season against MK Dons. The one thing he has managed to achieve tonight is lose an unbeaten record and the confidence that goes with it. And for what? IF we now go on to lose up in Leeds, the negativity will start to creep in, people will blame him for messing up, the players will start to get less leeway and the whole charade that was last season could begin again. Who the hell do we think we are, that we can show that level of disrespect to lower league sides?

I must admit, I never go to these games as it is almost always the case that we field a weakened team and get embarrassed by lower league opposition. Time and time again.

The fans really should know by now what to expect, so it should have come as no surprise. But regardless of that, I really feel that the club have absolutely mugged the fans off again, by cajoling them to attend yet another cup game that the manager has absolutely no intention of taking seriously. Yet another complete waste of time and effort for them.

Comment

we cannot have it all ways some on here want to see fringe players like faurlin,yun,jenas,however they wernt the only reason we lost people like hill and onuha were poor.we are always the same against lower opposition no urgency poor passing no direction,poor in the 1st half and nothing changed until aj and sheriff came on then we could and should have scored 2 or 3,still good luck to Swindon they worked hard all night.anyones view on the pen for the foul on wright Phillips that wasn't given.

Comment

I think the club treat a cup match just like preparation. Not a very supporter friendly approch to the game in itself, but that´s the way I think it is.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

I went to last nights game,

Was very odd first half, no atmosphere and none of the players seemed to be trying. I really think STFC marked Austin out of the game first half 2 Defenders on him constantly as they didn't really have to worry about Zamora so made it easy to keep close and not let him get anything. We actually missed another player running at the defence in the first half.

Jenas wasn't great or Faurlin but they both looked a little rusty but im sure will get there once they get some game time, really missed Joeys influence on the game. Once AJ came on different story they had 2 forwards running at them and we became more creative played the ball a bit faster and some really nice football was played it almost felt that a goal was imminent.

I thought we battered them 2nd half ( and so we should be) but a few things I noticed.. Simpson seemed very reluctant to pass the ball to young Mo, Mo then had to go deeper in order to get the ball but he looked a great player, not the finished article but great potential and deserves a place on the bench. SWP - If only he would take on his man sometimes, he looks like he could beat the defenders but doesn't seem confident in doing so.

Charlie Austin - Worked his socks off, not great service and from where I was sat looked like a genuine goal he had disallowed, im a little concerned that he's has a bit of a duck in his mind now that he hasn't scored and it is very important that we don't get on his back because he is a great player and we don't want his head to drop.

AJ - Game changed once he was on
                            "It's alright, I'm not going to steal your breakfast you fat *****."

Barton's reported reaction following Frank Lampard's decision to move tables at England's training camp in order to avoid him.

Comment

PS Who was the very pissed "BIG" bloke with the Loud cannabis shirt, seemed to be very well known and he was either very pissed, mental or both ! ( Was secretly wondering if it was Ted :-) )
                              "It's alright, I'm not going to steal your breakfast you fat *****."

Barton's reported reaction following Frank Lampard's decision to move tables at England's training camp in order to avoid him.

Comment

Working...
                              X