Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marshy's thoughts thread

1. The "Adel slows the play down" myth

I have seen a lot of that myth going around lately, and as I like to destroy myths, and as Adel is our longest serving player at the club who was instrumental in the promotion, I think it is about time I destroy the myth.

There is no doubt that Adel does not have pace like a lot of other wingers do such as Ronaldo or Bale or even Townsend. So when Adel goes past a defender, he knows that if the defender is quick, the defender will catch him up soon. So we come to the situation where Adel has to either release the ball quickly, get a shot in on goal, or hold the ball up and play someone in.

Because we had lazy Cisse up front in the early part of the season, who was rarely making any decent runs, and we had sh1te like Mackie up front who was rarely in a good position, Tarbs could not release the ball early. So instead, on many occasions, he decided to have some terrible long-range effort. And on other occasions, he decided to hold the ball up and play others in. And it is from this last point that the myth has arisen - that Adel always slows down the play. What people don't realise is, that when he does, it is because there are no decent runners in front of him.

Let's look at the two games he has played with Remy. He certainly did not hold up the play against West Ham, and he certainly did not hold up the play against Man City. So it is clear that when Adel has people in front of him making intelligent runs, then he will move the ball forward quickly.

OK, next myth I will work on destroying is the "Adel is the worst shooter in the team" one - should be fun.

2. Proof that I do not dislike Park

Sorry mods for starting another thread, I am just sick of people saying I hate Park in multiple threads, so I want to make it clear here.

This is a thread I posted in December titled "We need Park".

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ead.php?153495

And I say:

I will take him at right back. Good work-rate, can get the tackles in, and is reliable. Park, Nelsen and Hill - three players in defence who are very hard-working.

So there you have it. I rate the player, I just think he has been sh1te since he has come back since his injury, and I can't see him improving now. And that is why I think Townsend should be playing, and not Park. Unless HR wants to move Park in the centre only, but then we need Tarbs to play as Park in the centre brings no creativity.

3. Bothroyd is not the way forward

We have ten weeks left till the end of the season, and each week I am going to destroy a myth that I see thrown around these forums. I hate myths, and the sooner they're destroyed in the open, the sooner people can open their eyes and realise what is wrong with the club and how we can rectify the situation.

Yesterday I destroyed the "Adel slows down the play" myth.
    Today I am going to destroy the Bothroyd is the way forward myth.

Other myths I will be destroying in the coming weeks are

Warnock could not have kept us up
    Derry is not good enough for the Premiership
    Mackie is not good enough for the Premiership (even though I agree he is sh1te as a striker or winger, I still think he has another position to play)
    Harry is a great manager
    Tarbs cannot shoot
    Tarbs should be an impact sub
    If we go down, it is all Mark Hughes' fault
    If we stay up, it is all down to Harry

If you do not agree with my post, fair play, but I am not going to let these posts become flame-wars, and if you're going to come here just to dish out abuse because someone disagrees with you, then you need some serious growing up to do.

So why is Bothroyd not the way forward. Well, Southampton are a poor defensive side. They had just leaked 4 goals against Newcastle. And it was evident how poor they were on Saturday. So a performance against a poor side cannot be used to justify a place in the team.
    Yes, he might have score 3 in 5 this season, but who has he scored against? Exactly.
    And how did he do at Wednesday? 1 goal in 12. Yes, that's right - are we really going to rely on a guy who has scored just once in the Championship this season?

But the biggest worry is, he'll be keeping Tarbs out of the side. And that is a HUGE mistake. But I know some people hate Tarbs, so let's forget about him for a minute. The worry is, he'll also be keeping Bobby out of the side. And that would be a HUGE mistake. Bobby has much better aerial presence and hold-up play, and is proven at Premiership level. Bothroyd has only every done well for Cardiff.

Now I know some people get excited after one game, but if we want to stay up, Bothroyd is NOT the way to do it.

Like i said a few months back, a 'Marshys thoughts' thread would put a stop to all these needless ones

Comment

Oh do shut up marshy...........you're coming across as some sort of mentally infirm care in the community case...You don't destroy any argument you don't even come close, Adel is a luxury player, and if it gets shot of you i hope he never plays for QPR again........

Comment

Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

You do make some good points Marshy, but you do create an awful lot of threads.
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
            You do make some good points Marshy, but you do create an awful lot of threads.
            Sorry, I was banned so I think I need to get a few things off my chest!

Comment

I think you take this message board game abit too seriously mate. I very much doubt anyone cares

Comment

Any kids viewing the forum - This is what happens when you allow your ego to get out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                  I think you take this message board game abit too seriously mate. I very much doubt anyone cares
                  I just like putting the record straight and not let bullies get away with things, thats all. But anyway, I have got off my chest what I needed to, and so I won't be posting much again till the weekend.

Comment

Look at me..... Yawn. Banned, eh? I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
                      I just like putting the record straight and not let bullies get away with things, thats all. But anyway, I have got off my chest what I needed to, and so I won't be posting much again till the weekend.
                      Bullies?

Comment

I cant believe you hate Park Marshy - I dont think he's a bad player

Comment

Sp why exactly do you hate Park so much Marshy?

Comment

Never seen so much hatred towards a player

Need to calm it down

Comment

Worth it that. Looks like you've just answered the "how much is Adel realistically worth" thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X