Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Dear ... what QPR really did in Dubai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to a couple of the training sessions when the team were here in Dubai, the players were very approachable and made a fuss of my kids - as they did with all the fans that turned up for the training sessions.

It is true HR didn't stay at the Meridien Hotel with the team, he was in the Mirage about a mile away and it's also true that he was not present for the final morning of training. The days I went, they trained for about 2 hours, didn't seem really intensive, a few players sat out through injury, Remy, Hoilett, Cesar.

Players on the p*ss? I have no idea, they didn't appear to be walking zombie-like with raging hangovers nor have I heard any stories locally of any of our players seen out on the lash, but the cliques in the group are ****** obvious and you did get the the over-whelming feeling that these bunch of blokes are far from a team.

A depressing read that Mirror article, true or not, Sh*t stinks & sticks.....

Comment

Clever ploy from Harry in the last chance saloon trying to build a team spirit. Let the players get away, go out on the lash and hopefully fix the deep divides within the squad.

Personally think the divides are too big to fix but got to try something.
      :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
        I love the tens of thousands bit. That's a lot of jagar bombs.
        6 quid a pint over here
        :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
          6 quid a pint over here
          Not in Girders, JBR - 16 Dirhams a pint 4 till 8 :=):

Comment

Originally posted by Blunders View Post
            I went to a couple of the training sessions when the team were here in Dubai, the players were very approachable and made a fuss of my kids - as they did with all the fans that turned up for the training sessions.

It is true HR didn't stay at the Meridien Hotel with the team, he was in the Mirage about a mile away and it's also true that he was not present for the final morning of training. The days I went, they trained for about 2 hours, didn't seem really intensive, a few players sat out through injury, Remy, Hoilett, Cesar.

Players on the p*ss? I have no idea, they didn't appear to be walking zombie-like with raging hangovers nor have I heard any stories locally of any of our players seen out on the lash, but the cliques in the group are ****** obvious and you did get the the over-whelming feeling that these bunch of blokes are far from a team.

A depressing read that Mirror article, true or not, Sh*t stinks & sticks.....
            Agreed, I too was at the training and I didn't see anyone looking tired or hungover. I was also hard on the booze around Dubai that whole weekend as it was mine and another lads birthday, 2 nights we were even in the same hotel that the players were staying and I didn't see a single one of them out on the lash.

This article is complete tosh!
            Last edited by Tarbie; 02-03-2013, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Agreed, I too was at the training and I didn't see anyone looking tired or hungover. I was also hard on the booze around Dubai that whole weekend as it was mine and another lads birthday, 2 nights we were even in the same hotel that the players were staying and I didn't see a single one of them out on the lash.

There surely has to be some truth in it?? They cant make it up completely can they ?

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                There surely has to be some truth in it?? They cant make it up completely can they ?
                Any quotes without names are 80% of time made up, prob small truth in story but rest prob massively BLX

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

you didn't see them out so it is complete tosh? Really? I was out in London on Saturday and Paris on Wednesday and saw no celebrities - so I now know they don't exist and are made up by the press. The red tops do twist stories, but most of the time they do have something to them. I know two journos. They also hold stories for maximum impact. I don't know if this is true, but I imagine they didn't work particularly hard and am just amazed by the whole trip....as for Harry in a different hotel...why?

If we don't win this match this trip will have been a massive and expensive balls up. Harry is a man manager not a tactical coach in the modern style. He thinks a drink is ok and if he thought this was a team bonding exercise then that was a high risk way to do it.

Lets see what happens today. If we play badly then this trip will turn out to have been a slap in the face for fans. I hope I am wrong.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

The article is written by a Chelsea fan so he could be stirring.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                      The article is written by a Chelsea fan so he could be stirring.
                      Yes, he must be. Because we are top of the league so clearly nothing wrong with team spirit or the great ideas our leaders have for making us the winning outfit we are.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                        Yes, he must be. Because we are top of the league so clearly nothing wrong with team spirit or the great ideas our leaders have for making us the winning outfit we are.
                        Not must be, Martin Lipton is a Chelsea fan.

For what its worth I think there is some truth to it but im just putting it out there that this journalist could have an agenda due to his support of local rivals that we have rubbed up the wrong way the last couple of seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                          Well said 71,so many tarts on here.a good drink up bonded all the teams I played for.seems like our fans have forgot theikes of Stanley
                          We are talking about Premier League footballers here

Who need to be at peak fitness

Not on some jolly up midway through the season when their effort has already been lacking

Very second rate

Comment

Nothing would surprise me about that shower who have shamed us all season, made us an out and out laughing stock, and given us two of the worst seasons imaginable in the premiership.
                            Even before they left for sunnier climes, I felt it was totally unwarranted to seemingly reward what can only be described as, abject failure. They are not like ordinary workers, no 8, 10, 12 hour slog for them, just a couple of hours training in the morning and the rest of the day is theirs. I can understand why they didn't want to do that at Harlington in February, but come on!
                            One thing's for sure, 3,000+ fans travelling to Southampton are going to be well and truly ****sed-off, if they play as poorly today, as they have done all season.

Comment

Apparently the journo involved is quite respected according to many I've read on twitter this morning.

Secondly I stand by my earlier posts in that Redknapp being in a different hotel WITH HIS WIFE is just ridiculous. He flew out a day before the squad & flew back a day earlier what's that all about? Reeks of a break for him & the mrs.

Hope I'm wrong but I can't see this all being bullsh!t when the team were in Malaysia pre season there was a couple of incidents one particularly that would look very bad on the club that I will say no more about. Before anyone says you mentioned it so should say it, no. To many used to have a pop before if I posted anything so I decided not to bother anymore but the point is an incident occurred in Malaysia & wasn't reported so can't see this being to far from the truth.

Hope I'm wrong!!

Comment

PR guy Taylor tweet...

"The club is aware of the article in today's Daily Mirror but the club's entire focus is on today's fixture against Southampton.We will be making no further comment at this time"

that count as a non-statement? not denying it anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X