Samba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samba

EXCLUSIVE: Samba SOS! QPR launch £10m swoop for former Blackburn skipper to save them from the drop

By David Kent

PUBLISHED: 08:18, 29 January 2013 | UPDATED: 08:22, 29 January 2013

Comments (0)

QPR have made a dramatic £10million offer for Christopher Samba – the signing they believe will keep them in the Barclays Premier League.

Giant defender Samba, 28, plays for Russian moneybags Anzhi Makhachkala but Rangers hope his desire to return to England will seal the deal, with the transfer deadline edging closer.

Samba’s family have remained in England while he lives in an apartment in Moscow and it is believed he wants to come back to the Premier League.

Giant: Christopher Samba could be tempted to quit Anzhi Makhachkala
    Giant: Christopher Samba could be tempted to quit Anzhi Makhachkala

Sources in Russia say that Rangers have already had one bid rejected, but the increased offer was made on Monday night. There has been no formal response from Anzhi yet but Sportsmail understands they will be reluctant to sell.

Chairman Tony Fernandes is backing Harry Redknapp and the club will offer Samba a transfer get-out clause if they are relegated. They have already signed Loic Remy from Marseille for £8m and he has a similar agreement with them.

Samba, the former Blackburn powerhouse, was first brought to England by Mark Hughes, when he was spotted playing as an emergency centre forward for Hertha Berlin.

The French-born Congo international is rated by Hughes as one of his finest signings. He made more than 160 league appearances during his time at Ewood Park. He also captained the team – and Redknapp is desperate for leaders.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2JLuyB7Ql
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Would be an amazing signing - here's hoping.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He would be a massive improvement.... Monster on the pitch and a threat at set plays also.

Comment

fingers crossed

Comment

No chance, very poor reporting. Chris Samba is a first team regular who cost £12.5 m.

Yes he dosnt like the racial abuse he gets over there but he knew that existed before he went abd he signed the contract.

So unless QPR at a minimum match the price they paid but i would expect they would want a profit so he going to cost a lot more than that
          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

I'm very pessimistic.
            Hope we win today and need no new players.
            I kind of understand now why Hughes failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
              No chance, very poor reporting. Chris Samba is a first team regular who cost £12.5 m.

Yes he dosnt like the racial abuse he gets over there but he knew that existed before he went abd he signed the contract.

So unless QPR at a minimum match the price they paid but i would expect they would want a profit so he going to cost a lot more than that
              Just watch this space - not as far fetch'd as many may think.

Comment

On £90,000 a week by all accounts.

Would love it though. Could honestly say he's been the fans top target for the past 2-3 seasons.

Comment

I'm hoping this one happens. I'm getting a bit fed up watching Rangers fail week in week out to dominate in either penalty box. It's squeaky bum time whenever we defend set pieces and when do we ever score goals from corners (Nelsons superb near post header besides).
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

You mentioned this deal a few weeks ago didn't you Matty?? Could be something in it. Although by looking at the numbers it looks like we'd have to spend huge money to get him.

I did read an interview with him recently where he said he was happy in Russia but did come back to the UK to see his family whenever he could, so he could be up for the move.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post

There have been also been reports of him not liking it over there, so I am sure that he and his agent will talk....they always do.

I also don't think he knew the level of race hate there - especially as it is escalating. Zenit fans are demanding no blacks or gays at their club and this trend in views is extremely common over there.
                      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

"Samba’s family have remained in England while he lives in an apartment in Moscow and it is believed he wants to come back to the Premier League."

Comment

Can't see this happening ....really can't

Comment

Really want to see this happen

Very unlikely as this has popped up a few times before

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
                              You mentioned this deal a few weeks ago didn't you Matty?? Could be something in it. Although by looking at the numbers it looks like we'd have to spend huge money to get him.

I did read an interview with him recently where he said he was happy in Russia but did come back to the UK to see his family whenever he could, so he could be up for the move.
                              I did mate yea - a pal of mine whose old man mixes in big gambling circles said at that time he heard it was a highly likely deal. Obviously things change quickly in football so who knows whether he would still be interested but there is definitely some substance to this story - here's hoping. Would be a huge coup for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X