QPR owners ‘here for the long term’ repeats Fernandes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR owners ‘here for the long term’ repeats Fernandes

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes has restated his commitment to the club following the recent appointment of Harry Redknapp as manager.

Redknapp is facing a major task in trying to keep Rangers, who are bottom of the table and haven’t won a league game this season, in the top flight.

“All QPR fans keep the faith. We are here for the long term. Speaking to Harry a lot. We make our own luck but would be great to get some,” Fernandes tweeted.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/featu...ists-fernandes

Now everyone can stop spouting tosh about TF dropping us if we went down

Comment

Originally posted by qblockoompah View Post
      Now everyone can stop spouting tosh about TF dropping us if we went down
      Thats kind of why I thought I should post it

Comment

Phew, My prayers on this matter have been heard!!
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

confirm that Harry is staying if we go down?

Comment

No, but It is confirmed that Mourinho will take over at the end of the season!!
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I belive TF, he and the share holders are top quality. I feel we are very very lucky to have them at QPR FC. What's happened so far this season no one I have met or spoke to saw comming. Easy to say now they should have done this or that but this is the premier league and no one has the right to do well. With harry Tony and company I'm sure we will pull out of this. I'm still don't think we playing that bad. Bit of luck here and there were be fine. We should have at least double figures on the board by now. We haven't but with what I seen harry can turn this round. I really feel by the scum game we will all feel alot more hopeful. Jan's a very hard month but hey harry can get results. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to get a loan or two that will surprise us all. Most importantly harry will get best out of this squad. This squad is better than most give credit.

Comment

I repeat my statement from other posts: we've got the best chairman in the business bar none. I have total faith in TF and his plans for our club.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneheadnum1 View Post
                  I belive TF, he and the share holders are top quality. I feel we are very very lucky to have them at QPR FC. What's happened so far this season no one I have met or spoke to saw comming. Easy to say now they should have done this or that but this is the premier league and no one has the right to do well. With harry Tony and company I'm sure we will pull out of this. I'm still don't think we playing that bad. Bit of luck here and there were be fine. We should have at least double figures on the board by now. We haven't but with what I seen harry can turn this round. I really feel by the scum game we will all feel alot more hopeful. Jan's a very hard month but hey harry can get results. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to get a loan or two that will surprise us all. Most importantly harry will get best out of this squad. This squad is better than most give credit.
                  I agree with everything you've said there mate apart from the last line ......

Sadly Tarbs is the only one who would walk into another prem teams starting 11 ....and that for me is a major indication on how good or bad are squad is !!!!

Maybe Harry can get improvement out of toilet and / or SWP ......Mackie is playing as well as can be expected ...as for the rest could you see any other team wanting any of our players ???

Comment

Agree with all the sentiments on this thread.

The only little concern is that he said Hughes was one of the best managers in the country and wasn't going anywhere. So things can, and do, change quite quickly in this business.

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post
                      I agree with everything you've said there mate apart from the last line ......

Sadly Tarbs is the only one who would walk into another prem teams starting 11 ....and that for me is a major indication on how good or bad are squad is !!!!

Maybe Harry can get improvement out of toilet and / or SWP ......Mackie is playing as well as can be expected ...as for the rest could you see any other team wanting any of our players ???
                      Not sure what teams but could see

Green, park, Tarbs, SWP, granero, cedar, faurlin, fabio, diakite, bosingwa all getting a place team weather on credit or name/name or previous clubs but yes think if we go down teams will come calling. And by the way if makie keeps scoring then add him to the list.

I've seen every kick of the ball this year and still think we could come good. We have been better team in at least half our games. Hughes now gone harry and Joe I think can get this squad going. Think we will need three top lone signings till end of season in windows, harry can definitely work on that with TF backing which I think is all ready agreed. Will mean paying top wadges till end of season but I truly believe top players on lone this windows. And we will stay up starting with six points next two games.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneheadnum1 View Post
                        Not sure what teams but could see

Green, park, Tarbs, SWP, granero, cedar, faurlin, fabio, diakite, bosingwa all getting a place team weather on credit or name/name or previous clubs but yes think if we go down teams will come calling. And by the way if makie keeps scoring then add him to the list.

I've seen every kick of the ball this year and still think we could come good. We have been better team in at least half our games. Hughes now gone harry and Joe I think can get this squad going. Think we will need three top lone signings till end of season in windows, harry can definitely work on that with TF backing which I think is all ready agreed. Will mean paying top wadges till end of season but I truly believe top players on lone this windows. And we will stay up starting with six points next two games.
                        agree top players are needed in January but also think they would be the only top players we have (cant see any of our first 11 starting in may prem teams with the performances they have put in this season..) Also be a first cos we normally sign unwanted mercanery types. Still Harry may be the difference as he is a top top manager and high profile enough to lure some good players on loan surely.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                          agree top players are needed in January but also think they would be the only top players we have (cant see any of our first 11 starting in may prem teams with the performances they have put in this season..) Also be a first cos we normally sign unwanted mercanery types. Still Harry may be the difference as he is a top top manager and high profile enough to lure some good players on loan surely.
                          Well who knows but TF Harry will surely pull all the stops out considering the big money on offer this year. I'm sure harry will try to pull off something big. And I'm sure what harry want he will get backing off TF.

Maybe I've smoked too much but I really don't think we deserve six points. If buts and maybes agreed but most I spoken to at games have said we should and could of got more. We have lost most by one goal, by top teams. So not to far away??? Harry got something sparks never had?? Me thinks so!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Agree with all the sentiments on this thread.

The only little concern is that he said Hughes was one of the best managers in the country and wasn't going anywhere. So things can, and do, change quite quickly in this business.
                            That is a chilling observation, and not lacking in verisimilitude.

Comment

I like Tony Fernandes passion and commitment for the club, but I think he needs is a good advisor who have experience in running a football club on a daily basis.
                              Last edited by Yousef; 05-12-2012, 05:46 AM.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X