TF was forced to sack Hughes by QPR board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    we seem to have so many expert football chairmen. such a shame more of them didnt remember to earn a few hundred million quid and then chuck it at our football club when they might actually be able to put some of their brilliant ideas into action...
    Should we all refrain from offering opinions on the manager's team selections because we've never managed at premier league level? Should we cease offering a view on a player's performance because we've not got UEFA A licenses? Should people be banned from posting their thoughts about what they'd do if they owned the club? Should we weed out people who want to discuss board level activity if they've made less than a few hundred million quid in business?

This message board is all about the opinions of fans, some you may agree with some you don't, but it is what people think. If you cannot accept that then either you should pack up being a mod and stop posting on here, or accept that people like to have their say which remains valid to them as long as they stay within the rules of the forum. You may not agree with them, but without posters, the forum dies. I disagreed with your support for Hughes. That view was valid to you, but many disagreed. In the end, the QPR board disagreed with you.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
      Should we all refrain from offering opinions on the manager's team selections because we've never managed at premier league level? Should we cease offering a view on a player's performance because we've not got UEFA A licenses? Should people be banned from posting their thoughts about what they'd do if they owned the club? Should we weed out people who want to discuss board level activity if they've made less than a few hundred million quid in business?

This message board is all about the opinions of fans, some you may agree with some you don't, but it is what people think. If you cannot accept that then either you should pack up being a mod and stop posting on here, or accept that people like to have their say which remains valid to them as long as they stay within the rules of the forum. You may not agree with them, but without posters, the forum dies. I disagreed with your support for Hughes. That view was valid to you, but many disagreed. In the end, the QPR board disagreed with you.
      Correct........

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
        I personally find it slightly strange that he was fighting to keep a man that has the lowest poinst tally EVER at this stage in the Premier League after being backed in two transfer windows.
        Thats because TF isn't a football person, unlike say a Dave Whelan. You can have all the passion in the world but if youre not football-savvy you'll get found out. Thats why when youre in that situation its vital that you recruit the right people with the necessary experience to advise you and carry out the day to day running of a club. This is perhaps the painful lesson that TF will hopefully learn from this experience.

Comment

Does anybody know if the whole board agreed to hire Hughes. On BBC they made the point of saying that the whole board agreed to hire Redknapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
            Thats because TF isn't a football person, unlike say a Dave Whelan. You can have all the passion in the world but if youre not football-savvy you'll get found out. Thats why when youre in that situation its vital that you recruit the right people with the necessary experience to advise you and carry out the day to day running of a club. This is perhaps the painful lesson that TF will hopefully learn from this experience.
            He probably thought he had done just that mate.

Comment

I think TF had probably realised that MH could not stay but since he had continually supported him it was hard for him to go back on his decision. By allowing the other board members to make the decision for him this made it easier for him.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                He probably thought he had done just that mate.
                Youre probably right mate but it does make you wonder.

The Warnock sacking for example. I know Neil wasn't TF's man to begin with, but how much was that decision based on genuine footballing nous, and how much on just his knowledge and instinct as a football layman, which to all intents and purposes, is what he is.

Comment

By all means have opinions. What I object to are comments suggesting that Fernandes is clueless/ an idiot/ doesn't know what he is doing etc. Its the difference between making a constructive criticism and just blindly lashing out. I'm not directing this at you for one minute but as you may have observed on this board, often those who are most strident in expressing their opinion are often the most likely to make, well, let us just say, fairly dubious claims/ opinions about the club. Of course Fernandez is not a footballing expert he has made hundreds of millions of pounds out of airlines which naturally takes most of his time. But I bet he would also be quite capable of holding his own with most on here in a footballing conversation, and perhaps he knows one or two things about the running of the club (factual things, such as how much it wd cost to pay off Hughes) that others on here don't. I also just think given what he has put into QPR he deserves a bit of support and gratitude. That is all.

Comment

By all means have opinions. What I object to are comments suggesting that Fernandes is clueless/ an idiot/ doesn't know what he is doing etc. Its the difference between making a constructive criticism and just blindly lashing out. I'm not directing this at you for one minute but as you may have observed on this board, often those who are most strident in expressing their opinion are often the most likely to make, well, let us just say, fairly dubious claims/ opinions about the club. Of course Fernandez is not a footballing expert he has made hundreds of millions of pounds out of airlines which naturally takes most of his time. But I bet he would also be quite capable of holding his own with most on here in a footballing conversation, and perhaps he knows one or two things about the running of the club (factual things, such as how much it wd cost to pay off Hughes) that others on here don't. I also just think given what he has put into QPR he deserves a bit of support and gratitude. That is all.
                    nah dont buy it, he's clueless when it comes to Football. Hung onto Hughes for too long and needs to be getting better advice when it comes to football matters. Harry said in his interview this morning that TF and the board are "nice" people and not ruthless people at all. Nice people can be too nice sometimes. That is all.

Comment

Top post - in a nutshell!

Comment

we seem to have so many expert football chairmen. such a shame more of them didnt remember to earn a few hundred million quid and then chuck it at our football club when they might actually be able to put some of their brilliant ideas into action...
                        I can only speak for myself but I'm not claiming to be a expert chairman, I'm suggesting on the face value of the evidence before me that Fernandes' has been remiss in his attitude towards the running of the club.

If you disagree, fair enough I have no issue with that, but your post isn't debating a point its trolling. And from a Moderator of all people as well. I do find it quite frustrating that Fernandes has this absurd aura of unaccountability around him with some fans. The man is as responsible for the problems at the club as Hughes and the players.

I'm happy to debate my opinion sensibly with anyone here regarding Fernandes.

I welcome a measured counter argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Sminky View Post
                          I can only speak for myself but I'm not claiming to be a expert chairman, I'm suggesting on the face value of the evidence before me that Fernandes' has been remiss in his attitude towards the running of the club.

If you disagree, fair enough I have no issue with that, but your post isn't debating a point its trolling. And from a Moderator of all people as well. I do find it quite frustrating that Fernandes has this absurd aura of unaccountability around him with some fans. The man is as responsible for the problems at the club as Hughes and the players.

I'm happy to debate my opinion sensibly with anyone here regarding Fernandes.

I welcome a measured counter argument.
                          now thats a nutshell

Comment

It could be TF. sensed it was easier to sort out the problems concerning what he believed to be a playerpower struggle or something?
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

As my posts on here will show, I'm a big fan of TF and agree with you that he deserves our support and gratitude. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did well in a footballing debate. He's certainly no mug that's for sure. It annoys me when people say he's naive and made daft decisions. You don't make half a billion quid by making mug business decisions.
                              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

As my posts on here will show, I'm a big fan of TF and agree with you that he deserves our support and gratitude. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did well in a footballing debate. He's certainly no mug that's for sure. It annoys me when people say he's naive and made daft decisions. You don't make half a billion quid by making mug business decisions.
                                Sacked Warnock. Hired Hughes. Signed the wrong players on huge wages. That is naive and daft. It doesn't make him less of a man and a bad chairman, its still a learning curve. You need to let go of this notion that making half a billion means he has the savvy to run a football club. It's anecdotally flawed.

Comment

Working...
                                X