TF was forced to sack Hughes by QPR board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TF was forced to sack Hughes by QPR board

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes was outvoted by his fellow Malaysian shareholders over the sacking of Mark Hughes.

Fernandes had fought to keep Hughes in his job but met strong opposition from Kamarudin Bin Meranun — who held talks with Hughes earlier this week — and Ruben Emir Gnanalingam. Amit Bhatia, the fourth QPR shareholder, is thought to have been less vociferous than the other two in trying to force Hughes out but agreed with the decision.

More...

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    QPR chairman Tony Fernandes was outvoted by his fellow Malaysian shareholders over the sacking of Mark Hughes.

Fernandes had fought to keep Hughes in his job but met strong opposition from Kamarudin Bin Meranun — who held talks with Hughes earlier this week — and Ruben Emir Gnanalingam. Amit Bhatia, the fourth QPR shareholder, is thought to have been less vociferous than the other two in trying to force Hughes out but agreed with the decision.

More...
    When I read articles like this, I feel compelled to criticize Tony for his footballing administrative naivety.

I have immense respect for him, which seems contrary to my first sentence ... but he has little understanding of how to run a small football club like QPR.

I will be lambasted by many for picking fault with Fernandes' (again) but as I have stated before, I'm not anti Fernandes.

Fernandes was wrong to want to keep Hughes in the job, maybe it was hubris, maybe it was because he felt the issues were of his making and not Hughes' (after all, Tony was hands on in identifying transfer targets) or maybe it was just a lack of understanding of how modern football operates.

Whatever it was, I wonder how Tony could not see what the rest of could, player apathy in an unbalanced squad with no spine or sense of identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
      Fernandes had fought to keep Hughes in his job but met strong opposition from Kamarudin Bin Meranun — who held talks with Hughes earlier this week — and Ruben Emir Gnanalingam. More...
      So they did it Gnanalingam style.

Comment

Kamarudin Bin Meranun and Ruben Emir Gnanalingam seem like sensible blokes, I will try and memorise their names.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          Kamarudin Bin Meranun and Ruben Emir Gnanalingam seem like sensible blokes, I will try and memorise their names.
          who are they?

Comment

Originally posted by bonheurjh View Post
            who are they?
            Really?

Comment

Originally posted by iheartwegerle View Post
              So they did it Gnanalingam style.

Comment

Easy. Just remember a little rhyme. Kama-rudin and Ruben.
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

They do but they had no personal interest directly vested in Hughes, Fernandes' did. I think this clouded Tony's judgement and he had lost objectivity. Fortunately it seems the other board members realised that being inert was not the correct course of action.

Comment

Originally posted by bonheurjh View Post
                    who are they?
                    Members of the same consortium as Tony is a part of, Bonheur.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Sminky View Post
                      When I read articles like this, I feel compelled to criticize Tony for his footballing administrative naivety.

I have immense respect for him, which seems contrary to my first sentence ... but he has little understanding of how to run a small football club like QPR.

I will be lambasted by many for picking fault with Fernandes' (again) but as I have stated before, I'm not anti Fernandes.

Fernandes was wrong to want to keep Hughes in the job, maybe it was hubris, maybe it was because he felt the issues were of his making and not Hughes' (after all, Tony was hands on in identifying transfer targets) or maybe it was just a lack of understanding of how modern football operates.

Whatever it was, I wonder how Tony could not see what the rest of could, player apathy in an unbalanced squad with no spine or sense of identity.
                      Although most (all?) of us had lost faith in Hughes, let's not lose sight of the fact that Tony could still have been right. Maybe MH would have turned things around. We will never know.
                      'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I doubt given 26 years in the hot seat Hughes could make a success of QPR.

Comment

we seem to have so many expert football chairmen. such a shame more of them didnt remember to earn a few hundred million quid and then chuck it at our football club when they might actually be able to put some of their brilliant ideas into action...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            we seem to have so many expert football chairmen. such a shame more of them didnt remember to earn a few hundred million quid and then chuck it at our football club when they might actually be able to put some of their brilliant ideas into action...
                            If we can't discuss what we think is good, bad and ugly there is no point having a message board. I personally find it slightly strange that he was fighting to keep a man that has the lowest poinst tally EVER at this stage in the Premier League after being backed in two transfer windows.
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Easy for me to remember the first name as it is Arabic
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X