Harry - the managerial equivalent of Bosingwa, Cisse, SWP, Park etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Oh ffs give it a f**kin rest............everyone's on here moaning about Harry. How come when we were top, 2nd you f**kers weren't still insisting how rubbish our manager was? eh?
    Geng ....a broken clock is right twice a day........whereas broken records are quite rightly dumped.....there are a lot of broken records on here at the moment.
    Oh btw .....well done you hero....is that what you wanna hear?
    hah, calm down.

Where was I when we were top of the league?

Well, I was one of the people on here and on fb/twitter/other forums saying that things were weren't actually all that rosy, that we hadn't really played well all season, that we kept fluking narrow wins through Austin's finishing, that we were a bunch of decent players but weren't a team.

And myself and others who made these points were shouted down by most of the WATRBs mob. Check for yourself, go back to a random thread from November or so and you'll see countless posts saying the table doesn't lie, in harry we trust, stop moaning, support HR, blah blah.

Thanks for the compliments, anyway. I'd rather people just thought a bit more rationally about these things in future. You can win games playing badly. You can be towards the top of the league with a manager who is doing a bad job. People who point these things out are still Rangers fans.

Comment

Oh ffs give it a f**kin rest............everyone's on here moaning about Harry. How come when we were top, 2nd you f**kers weren't still insisting how rubbish our manager was? eh?
      Geng ....a broken clock is right twice a day........whereas broken records are quite rightly dumped.....there are a lot of broken records on here at the moment.
      Oh btw .....well done you hero....is that what you wanna hear?
      I for one, posted on a few occasions that the football played this season was poor, that QPR were lucky to win some of the games they had, and that Redknapp's squad was lacking in certain areas.

Now that the top and only regular scorer,Austin, is injured with the next potent attcker also injured (Phillips), the proof is there for most to see.

One of the reasons QPR are failing is because the CBs are too slow and this is not helped by having midfielders over 30 years of age and lacking real energy and drive.

As a result of Dunne & Hill being slow, they have to defend deep. This results in the midfielders also playing deeper and as they are not as energetic as many others in midfield they dont get forward enough to support the forwards. QPR have a good record on possession this season, but that is largely down to Barton and co. playing short passes to each other in the middle of the pitch...away form the opponents penalty area.
      Who's fault is this if it isn't Rednapp's?

Comment

People are going on about it being Redknapp's fault because it is Redknapp's fault... what a belter you are Dave

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          I for one, posted on a few occasions that the football played this season was poor, that QPR were lucky to win some of the games they had, and that Redknapp's squad was lacking in certain areas.

Now that the top and only regular scorer,Austin, is injured with the next potent attcker also injured (Phillips), the proof is there for most to see.

One of the reasons QPR are failing is because the CBs are too slow and this is not helped by having midfielders over 30 years of age and lacking real energy and drive.

As a result of Dunne & Hill being slow, they have to defend deep. This results in the midfielders also playing deeper and as they are not as energetic as many others in midfield they dont get forward enough to support the forwards. QPR have a good record on possession this season, but that is largely down to Barton and co. playing short passes to each other in the middle of the pitch...away form the opponents penalty area.
          Spot on. Also players like Carroll, Banyouan, Nico are too lightweight. The squad has no balance and is lacking pace in defence and central midfield. We are set up so every game seems a struggle, even the ones we are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
            hah, calm down.

Where was I when we were top of the league?

Well, I was one of the people on here and on fb/twitter/other forums saying that things were weren't actually all that rosy, that we hadn't really played well all season, that we kept fluking narrow wins through Austin's finishing, that we were a bunch of decent players but weren't a team.

And myself and others who made these points were shouted down by most of the WATRBs mob. Check for yourself, go back to a random thread from November or so and you'll see countless posts saying the table doesn't lie, in harry we trust, stop moaning, support HR, blah blah.

Thanks for the compliments, anyway. I'd rather people just thought a bit more rationally about these things in future. You can win games playing badly. You can be towards the top of the league with a manager who is doing a bad job. People who point these things out are still Rangers fans.
            Originally posted by stanistheman;1223735[B
            ]I for one, posted on a few occasions that the football played this season was poor, that QPR were lucky to win[/B] some of the games they had, and that Redknapp's squad was lacking in certain areas.

Yeah yeah course you were .......These slow cb's got a clean sheet record along with the goalkeeper this season.....but i bet you pair were there at the front sl*ggin em off.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

spot on con. and dont forget dave. if rangers ever get you down, or we loan in another has been, or you just want to take it all out on someone, we have the loan thread available to us.

thats where im off to now. watch out madera and fellow park fans, here i come arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
              Now that's showing a fellow fan consideration.....actually i'm not a fan ..Kev says i'm a supporter

Comment

Yeah yeah course you were .......These slow cb's got a clean sheet record along with the goalkeeper this season.....but i bet you pair were there at the front sl*ggin em off.....
                Well I didn't sl4g off Dunne, Hill and Green then, and I don't now. They've done fine, I wouldn't expect either CB to suddenly turn into David Luiz at this point in their careers. The point is the impact on the rest of the team

Comment

Something I posted the other day Dave. Might explain why I think HR has got the tactics wrong, and why our defence has been the source of many of our attacking issues, even if they individually have played ok

Tactics 101 for WATRBs readers:

- more strikers doesn't mean "more attacking" or "more goals"

- Formations aren't as important as mindset. You can have an attacking 5311 or a defensive 343

- two up front means leaving gaps elsewhere

- CBs who are poor on the ball means at least one of the CMs has to drop deeper to pick up the ball

- This stretches the play hugely, meaning we then have about 60 yards between Barton alongside the centre backs and the two strikers up front. Niko (or Carroll, or whoever) is then our only player in this massive area and is easily picked up. Lazy wingers who don't get involved means we just punt the ball forward to the strikers.

- We could rectify some of the above issue by playing Onouha who isn't great on the ball but at least has the pace to enable us to push up

Comment

Something I posted the other day Dave. Might explain why I think HR has got the tactics wrong, and why our defence has been the source of many of our attacking issues, even if they individually have played ok
                    Actually Geng that is a very good post......

Comment

Could it be that the players who has underperformed big time . I mean, most of them have played under him before and should know how he want them to play.
                      IOW, It could be that I have been too harsh on him.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        Could it be that the players who has underperformed big time . I mean, most of them have played under him before and should know how he want them to play.
                        IOW, It could be that I have been too harsh on him.
                        What??? You mean to tell me that it could actually have something to do with player's like kranjcar not performing and that its not all Harry's fault... hmmmm I don't know about that...
                        SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

That is a good post Geng, and spot on.

My main annoyance with HR, which is the same for many managers (including Warnock), is that when things go well its all down to him, but when things go wrong there's always excuses and no accountability.

I think the other main issue with HR is he struggles with expectation and pressure, in other words, underperforms when expected to do well like most of our key games. He prefers being an underdog, such as spurs often content not achieving but getting a decent league position, at Pompey just surviving etc... Note when gifted an easy cup final with Pompey against lower league opposition and they were suddenly expected to win, their performance was shocking and they were very lucky to win with a scrappy goal.

With us now having been backed, with "his" squad now and one that is the envy of any club in the division, there comes with that justified expectation from fans, opposition and watching media etc..... That's when he struggles, and is.

Comment

Bump because feeling smug will ease the pain of losing to a league 2 side. And to show the happy-clappers that criticising captain car door isn't remotely knee-jerk, or simply based on the past two games.

Del's post immediately above this one is six months old but could have been written last night. My "Tactics 101" post above highlights another bunch of issues that haven't been addressed even despite a formation change - we're still awful at building from the back.

And Redknapp is still the Bosingwa of managers.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                              Who thought we were taking the low-risk option??? Buying OAPs as a front line was never low risk - it was always high-risk.

As for other signings, we have got some good players and they are not playing anywhere near their potential - that has to be down to the manager.

You cannot compare managers with players in the way you are. Players get slower and more injury prone with age...when was the last time you saw Sir Alex out for 3 months with an injury??

Sorry, but your justification for a young manager needs to come from somewhere other than a comparison with players.
                              Yea, I wouldn't really consider Park a mercenary. Injuries really put a damper on that move. Even Tony still keeps up with Ji. If Tony doesn't feel robbed, then I sure as heck don't.

Comment

Bump because feeling smug will ease the pain of losing to a league 2 side. And to show the happy-clappers that criticising captain car door isn't remotely knee-jerk, or simply based on the past two games.

Del's post immediately above this one is six months old but could have been written last night. My "Tactics 101" post above highlights another bunch of issues that haven't been addressed even despite a formation change - we're still awful at building from the back.

And Redknapp is still the Bosingwa of managers.
                                So there is nothing else in your life that would cheer you up other than trying to further irritate fellow Rs who as you yourself note, will be hurting after last night. I have to say, your life doesn't sound great.

Comment

Working...
                                X