Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
    Did you two go to the same school.
    haha, he wouldnt have lasted five minutes where i was matey - all that rugby, fagging, cold showers, posh boys called Rupert(!)............we'd have given him a torrid time as soon as he opened his mouth!!!

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      haha, he wouldnt have lasted five minutes where i was matey - all that rugby, fagging, cold showers, posh boys called Rupert(!)............we'd have given him a torrid time as soon as he opened his mouth!!!
      wouldnt have bent down to pick up the soap or slept with my mouth open at your school mate...bet the head boy was a right Rupert.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Problem is Jane, labelling people "pro-Hughes". We are all Rangers fans and it just happens to be confirmed on thread after thread, that some are just able to cope better with all the frustration and disappointment. Pretty sure all of us would like to see Hughes turn this around right now and go on to have great success at our club. But all the time it looks like no real progress is being made, the less rational amongst us, (or better, more passionate and more knowledgeable in their view) get themselves so worked up that even the likes of Redknapp and Martinez appear viable options.
        Nice post brightonr, it captures my feelings exactly. The "Hughes Out" people want to make it black and white but it is many shades of grey. I will want Hughes to go when I'm convinced he can't take us forward. I'm on the fence right now but I can't say what will convince me. What if we draw against Soton playing 9 vs. 11 on two incorrect red cards and they equalize on a ridiculous penalty? Would that be Hughes' fault? Not really. I'm clinging to the hope that good football WILL eventually produce good results and we have had some good performances so we do have it in us.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          Nice post brightonr, it captures my feelings exactly. The "Hughes Out" people want to make it black and white but it is many shades of grey. I will want Hughes to go when I'm convinced he can't take us forward. I'm on the fence right now but I can't say what will convince me. What if we draw against Soton playing 9 vs. 11 on two incorrect red cards and they equalize on a ridiculous penalty? Would that be Hughes' fault? Not really. I'm clinging to the hope that good football WILL eventually produce good results and we have had some good performances so we do have it in us.
          clinging to hope , is not a formula for success
          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

When will you be convinced that he can't take us forward? He has been with the Club for eleven months and during that time he has not won an away match, his players have a terrible disciplinary record (and if you check you will find that this has always been a problem with Hughes' teams), we were on our way to going down last season when the fans booed Barton against Liverpool which finally persuaded Hughes to make a change to the team. To give Barton his due (and I am neutral as far as he is concerned) he came back and played much better towards the end of the season. I think that if the fans had not shown their displeasure at the Liverpool game, the team would probably have gone down last year, as that was the beginning of an improvement in the team's home performances.

This season the team have just not performed. Making excuses of bad luck, bad referees, injuries etc. wears thin after a time. All teams suffer with these problems.

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
              When will you be convinced that he can't take us forward? He has been with the Club for eleven months and during that time he has not won an away match, his players have a terrible disciplinary record (and if you check you will find that this has always been a problem with Hughes' teams), we were on our way to going down last season when the fans booed Barton against Liverpool which finally persuaded Hughes to make a change to the team. To give Barton his due (and I am neutral as far as he is concerned) he came back and played much better towards the end of the season. I think that if the fans had not shown their displeasure at the Liverpool game, the team would probably have gone down last year, as that was the beginning of an improvement in the team's home performances.

This season the team have just not performed. Making excuses of bad luck, bad referees, injuries etc. wears thin after a time. All teams suffer with these problems.
              I'm not making excuses for Hughes' poor record this season, I'm just saying that the "Hughes Out" question isn't as simple as "win against Soton or else...". By the way, in Hughes' 11 months with us he has saved us from relegation - although you don't seem to want to give him credit for that!
              I don't know when I'll be convinced he can't take us forward - I just know I'm not quite there yet.
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I'm not making excuses for Hughes' poor record this season, I'm just saying that the "Hughes Out" question isn't as simple as "win against Soton or else...". By the way, in Hughes' 11 months with us he has saved us from relegation - although you don't seem to want to give him credit for that!
                I don't know when I'll be convinced he can't take us forward - I just know I'm not quite there yet.
                When Hughes came to the Club, they weren't in the relegation zone, so strictly speaking he did not save us from relegation. Also as I said above I think it was the fans who saved the team from relegation. Had they not demonstrated their displeasure during the Liverpool game, Hughes would not have made changes and the team would have lost that game. Had that happened I think it is unlikely that they would have avoided relegation. In other words to use baseball terms, when Warnock left it was a win, and Hughes made it a save (just about).

Comment

When Hughes came to the Club, they weren't in the relegation zone, so strictly speaking he did not save us from relegation. Also as I said above I think it was the fans who saved the team from relegation. Had they not demonstrated their displeasure during the Liverpool game, Hughes would not have made changes and the team would have lost that game. Had that happened I think it is unlikely that they would have avoided relegation. In other words to use baseball terms, when Warnock left it was a win, and Hughes made it a save (just about).
                  Sure, let's talk a little baseball! All pitchers want complete games. The reason they get pulled for somebody else to come in and try for the save is because the manager has decided that if they stay in the game the win is likely to turn into a loss. And so it was with NW and MH.

I'd just like to add that there is no such thing as "just about" a save. Either it is or it isn't. That is one thing that IS black and white!
                  Last edited by dsqpr; 16-11-2012, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Sure, let's talk a little baseball! All pitchers want complete games. The reason they get pulled for somebody else to come in and try for the save is because the manager has decided that if they stay in the game the win is likely to turn into a loss. And so it was with NW and MH.
                    And do you think this season's "loss" can be turned into a win. Though it is difficult to make a comparison. In baseball, teams do not go down (there is talk about this happening in the premiership). If it was the same in the premiership, I think most fans would be quite happy for Hughes to stay. However given that three teams go down from the premiership with massive consequences fans feel a little differently.
                    Last edited by jmelanie; 16-11-2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

And do you think this season's "loss" can be turned into a win.
                      At the moment: yes.

Comment

Their is no guarantee that bringing another manager in will change the situation im staying with MH on this he will turn it round.

Comment

At least my husband does not do that. He watches match of the day and deletes it if we lose and keeps it if we win. So far our V+ recorder has lots of hours left.
                          Are you a female???? Why ain't your husband on here? You should have chores to do!:leaking:
                          Btw i used to do the same just keep the games we won, I've got the Scum game when JT fbc-d Anton, Liverpool h, Arsenal h AND Stoke ........seems a long long time ago now

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                            like to see how rational you would be after a day of work with constant digs from Spuds/Gooners/Scum/Palace fans...even Charlton fans are taking the **** ffs!. Charlton!!! :-)
                            its only a dig if it winds you up....the ups and downs of QPR are all entertainment... we'll make our little peice of history again this season!!!!! lets carry on believing and keep supporting the RR'sss fun.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                              Are you a female????
                              It has finally dawned on you . Indeed, women are posting here, too.
                              Would be more of them, if the male posters showed more maturity and respect
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                                It has finally dawned on you . Indeed, women are posting here, too.
                                Would be more of them, if the male posters showed more maturity and respect
                                Was going to post something similar - but cannot better this

Comment

Working...
                                X