I can understand why our fans feel divided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can understand why our fans feel divided

I think this board has got far to school ground ish over the last few weeks.

People saying 'how dare you question hughes' and others thinking the fans that back Hughes should be taken for mental help but to be honest I am not normally 1 that sits on the fence but I can see both sides of the argument.

Anyone that thinks there is a manager out there, that will get us out of this mess, then please give me a realistic name. I don't want to hear harry redknapp or Rafa Benitez etc. All **** poor managers that will send us down whilst spending beyond our means.

However...that really is the only reason I back hughes but my god does the man test my patients.

He is Liable for wasting 3 million pounds of all of our hard earned cash and Tony's/board members.
    It's a joint effort this income thing, we pay good money to follow our club and tony and the board give a very generous backing but what right does Hughes have of spending 3 million pounds on Nedum Onuhua. If I bought 100,000 pound of stock that is for a product that doesn't work I'd get the sack from my job.
    The reason I will slate him over this is because he was manager at man city and should of known that the bloke is utter ****e and bringing him on every game with 15mins to go isn't going to have 1% of positive input on the final result.

The other clear error, is hughes hasn't a clue, not the foggist as to what team to pick, mainly due to investing in too many midfielders and nothing upfront or at the back. Sometimes it pains me to see a player like Faurlin on the bench but then have myself wondering if he could play full back. A complete lack of managerial savvy.

I think the main thing that hughes has brought to this club is splitting the fan base but we have no other option but to keep him imo. Oh and his comment of 'we will never be in a relegation scrap again', is the complete kiss of death, which I guess isn't the silliest of moves as it should get him a job on ITV.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Best board there is this one, lots of opinions, and posters that back up their arguments (most of the time) with facts or beliefs. I notice on other boards the need to agree with the herd or you're just ridiculed and run outta town.
    Have you listened to the podcast with Mark Bowen very good I thought

Comment

thought u was a LFW boy nowdays Weare
      Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Best board there is this one, lots of opinions, and posters that back up their arguments (most of the time) with facts or beliefs. I notice on other boards the need to agree with the herd or you're just ridiculed and run outta town.
        Have you listened to the podcast with Mark Bowen very good I thought

Agreed. The players have to put in a shift aswell now! (Bowen mentioned this point in the programme)
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
          Agreed. The players have to put in a shift aswell now! (Bowen mentioned this point in the programme)
          Yes he did Shania, and wants them to demand better from each other.

Comment

Fair points WeAre.. he has definitely divided us as a fan base.

For me the simple answer to this is it's better the devil you know. There are no better alternatives available, yes we will probably have a torrid season with very few high points and will probably finish 15th/16th (hopefully)- but the long term will be far more promising as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              thought u was a LFW boy nowdays Weare
              I would say my loyalty's lie over on loft 4 words.

Clive has treated me very well and I will continue to post on that board which is a good one imo.

Myu isn't a bad bloke but a year ago he had a very poor moderation team put together and it caused many good posters to pack there bags, which is a great shame.

Imo Clive really is a football man through and through and although I don't always agree with him, I respect his opinion hugely.

The problems I have had on this board have been caused by moderators that have now gone so I too want to forgive and forget
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

i would say i dont like hughes full stop , reasons i dont know just dont like him but if he could establish us as a premiere league side then i would be happy with that after all you dont have to like the manager if he is doing ok.
                but not sure he has the right players for our club not by a long way , last pay days and mercenaries spring to mind and at times they dont appear to be wanting to play just going through the motions.
                if they dont perform then give the younger guys a chance is what i think at least they something to play for.

Comment

There are many sane alternatives to Hughes apart from Harry, who I think would be an improvement simply because he has far greater tactical awareness and a sense of humour. Never underestimate the latter especially in a dressing room that's under the cosh. You've obviously forgotten that Hughes best sides played tedious football, using tactics which these days get found out all too easily. I'd also have taken Olly in front of Hughes for reasons given elsewhere on here. Ex manager wise, Dowie's record with us was first class with iffy players and he too clearly has a bit of tactical suss. I rate Roberto Martinez above Brendan Rogers, Liverpool got that wrong imo, but leaving Wigan for us isn't exactly a no brainer given the chaos on and off the field and the lack of experience in the boardroom.

There are plenty of others.

Heiko Vogel, 36, Basel
                  Remi Garde, 46, Lyon
                  Frank de Boer, 42, Ajax
                  Unai Emery, 40, Spartak Moscow
                  Vitor Pereira, 44, Porto
                  And Antonio Conti.

All the above get the way football is developing tactically, they're young, and I'd have taken any one of them in front of Hughes. Unfortunately, our inexperienced board fell under the spell of Kia J, who was really responsible for Hughes coming to us.

Comment

Divided we stand, United we fall.

Wait a sec... !
                    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      There are many sane alternatives to Hughes apart from Harry, who I think would be an improvement simply because he has far greater tactical awareness and a sense of humour. Never underestimate the latter especially in a dressing room that's under the cosh. You've obviously forgotten that Hughes best sides played tedious football, using tactics which these days get found out all too easily. I'd also have taken Olly in front of Hughes for reasons given elsewhere on here. Ex manager wise, Dowie's record with us was first class with iffy players and he too clearly has a bit of tactical suss. I rate Roberto Martinez above Brendan Rogers, Liverpool got that wrong imo, but leaving Wigan for us isn't exactly a no brainer given the chaos on and off the field and the lack of experience in the boardroom.

There are plenty of others.

Heiko Vogel, 36, Basel
                      Remi Garde, 46, Lyon
                      Frank de Boer, 42, Ajax
                      Unai Emery, 40, Spartak Moscow
                      Vitor Pereira, 44, Porto
                      And Antonio Conti.

All the above get the way football is developing tactically, they're young, and I'd have taken any one of them in front of Hughes. Unfortunately, our inexperienced board fell under the spell of Kia J, who was really responsible for Hughes coming to us.

Why would people leave Champions league clubs to manage QPR....

Also you say Redknapp has a far greater tactical awareness and a sense of humour.... Firstly with regards to a sense of humour, not sure why you'd thin kthat's more important that countless other criteria.... Do you think Alex Ferguson has a laugh a minute prep talk? Besides, just because MH is professional and towing the line in front of the media, doesn't mean he has no sense of humour.... The flipside, ie HR, is the media's pal and often tells them what they want, and reported frustrated Levy in the past as a result by blabbing targets etc. That just shows his lack of intelligence more than anything else... also reiterated by his court admissions about reading / writing etc.

As for Harry being tactiacally aware... do me a favour. How can you say he's tactically aware when he has proved time and time again, particularly with Spurs, that if it isn't working, he can't change tactics mid game to rectify things. He just sits there looking clueless twitching away.

If they dominated games from the start it was all well and good, but when they went behind, or things weren't working they struggled and he'd not change it... He was also very poor at rotating the massive squad he amassed... again poor management for a top club. They fact they started well and i don't even know could be attributed to him anyway given the endless list of backroom staff he also had to have in his corner... Jordan, Bond, etc plus no end of coaches... Sherwood, Allen, Ferdinand. Did he actually do anything?

Also, if Harry is so tactically brilliant, why did Spurs go on a 3 months run last season when they pretty much had relegation form and threw away a huge points advantage over Arsenal..... clueless is more apt for him. They way people talk about him someone who knew nothign about football would think he was one of the best managers around.... anything but. Can you imagine Fergie or Wenger, or any manager with a proven "winner" mentality letting that happen.

Comment

The only man for the job is Pep. He is out of work so no severance package would be necessary and he has been quoted as saying he wants a challenge in London. No other Club in London presents a challenge like ours does it?
                        For me, continuity and stability is key so I say stick with Hughes and it will come right. I don't find any of the names mentioned as being realistic, either due to their current teams playing CL football or them not wanting to come to little old QPR, or in Saggy's case technical ability. Sadly, Pep is not a real option is it?
                        Show me a decent option and I will consider it as I will have to agree that Hughes must go if we are still in this position at the half way point of the season.
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                          The only man for the job is Pep. He is out of work so no severance package would be necessary and he has been quoted as saying he wants a challenge in London. No other Club in London presents a challenge like ours does it?
                          For me, continuity and stability is key so I say stick with Hughes and it will come right. I don't find any of the names mentioned as being realistic, either due to their current teams playing CL football or them not wanting to come to little old QPR, or in Saggy's case technical ability. Sadly, Pep is not a real option is it?
                          Show me a decent option and I will consider it as I will have to agree that Hughes must go if we are still in this position at the half way point of the season.
                          I agree "Pep". I'd blow all my budget on him, maybe one player in and some out to bring way for new players.

Comment

Pep is probably the least realistic candidate.... He will have many top clubs queueing for his services and prepared to offer ludicrous salaries... It's even reported Fergie had a meal with him in the US during pre season trying to convince him to take over at Old Trafford when he retires... what we don't know is whether he elaborated a time he'd retire.... end of this season possibly?

Why would he come to QPR?

Also just to add on the whole Hughes out issue, bear in mind one of the main problems, which i think most of us agree with, is that he doesn't appear to know his best starting 11. And he's had months with the squad and assembled it, yet he struggles. The problem is because there are a lot of good players now, not obvious better players who should play at the expense of others. I can understand the dilemma.

If a new manager came in, they would have this same problem, only amplified sa they are totally new to the squad. It's not like when O Neill went to Sunderland for example, where they had an ok first team and average back up... the team selectins and formation were pretty much obvious, which made it easier.

Comment

Can't see why we keep harping on about managers for christs sake, I'm not happy with the situation but any good manager could have a run like this and whoever we have in charge would be in for the same amount of rollocking. Why can't we just get behind the team as it is QPR we support and as far as I'm concerned I couldn't care less if our forward line was Mckey Mouse and Donald Duck as long as the team does well. Without us getting behind whichever bunch of mercenaries we employ as long as they wear the hoops they are in my opinion affected by the support regardless of the ridiculous amounts they earn. Or lot has been delt so let's get on with it and get behind our Rangers.

Comment

Working...
                              X