Granero: Loftus Road is as daunting as the Bernabéu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granero: Loftus Road is as daunting as the Bernabéu

HE USED to play in a world-famous stadium that houses 86,000 passionate fans.

Now Esteban Granero plies his trade in one that barely scrapes 18,000 – but the Spanish midfielder reckons he can’t tell the difference between Real Madrid and Rangers – such is the level of support at Loftus Road from Rs followers.

Granero reckons that whatever gremlins have prevented the team from claiming a first win of the season so far – it has nothing to do with the club’s fantastic support.

Real was where the 25-year-old cut his teeth, but he is just as happy in west London.

And the one advantage of the Loft versus the Bernabéu, according to Granero, is that fans are right on top of the action.

The player is hoping for more of the same in a vital home clash with Reading Sunday lunchtime.

"The pitch is not that much bigger at the Bernabéu, but when you are focusing on the game it doesn’t matter," he said.

"And the QPR supporters are good and when you look up, the ground still looks big to me.

“The fans don’t stop supporting throughout – and you can really feel it. They make it a great environment for us, and that can only be good for the cause."

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...#ixzz2AsSTxw3a

Goes to show that we need to be in full voice on sunday, If we go 1 down early in the game then stay positive. We need to make LR a fortress like we did towards the end of last season.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

He's becoming a real fav down the R's. As is Samba for me.

Passion.. They give it their all IMO!!

Nice article

Comment

Mbia can learn a lot from this fella, great player,great pro......

Comment

I like this Fella .......
        "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
        For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Fast becoming one of my favourite players. Top player and defiantley says all the right things... regardless of whether he means it or not
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I like his commitment in games. Always gives his best and isn't frightened of getting stuck in. Seems a genuine team player.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

What's not to like about Granero? Granero, Cesar & Faurlin can do no wrong for me
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

It certainly is a daunting task nowadays for the home side to win at Loftus Road.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Granero is certainly an intelligent guy, he knows we need to get the fans behind us and saying things like this will hopefully help. You get more flies with honey as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                    Granero is certainly an intelligent guy, he knows we need to get the fans behind us and saying things like this will hopefully help. You get more flies with honey as they say.
                    Well he is studying Psychology!
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                      Yes, operant conditioning in work

Positive reinforcement, like pavlov's dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                        Yes, operant conditioning in work

Positive reinforcement, like pavlov's dog.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                          Omg we're his homework!!!.........he's only here to study us!

Comment

a top player and really shocked we actually got him,but all the great,huge blah blah stuff,just leave it and do it on the pitch
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Not sure about his new barnet! Bit Ashley Colesque

Comment

Working...
                              X