The alternative if Hughes got sacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    exactly. there was a thread the other day titled "does hughes deserve to keep him job?" or some such. to me it completely missed the point. "deserve" doesn't really come into it. it comes down to whether the chairman still has confidence, whether anyone better could be hired, how much of a transfer budget they would require and whether those funds wd be available, whether mike rigg etc wd be happy to stay, and above all whether all the turmoil wd make our results better or whether it wd actually push us backwards (research shows that sacking the manager tends to result in a temporary improvement quickly followed by a return to the same or worse results).

I'm for giving Hughes time. I accept there are people with different views, but what I find frustrating is how ill-thought out and knee-jerk most of the "sack Hughes" arguments actually are.
    Very well put again. I even think Hughes could have done better. But that almost isnt the point. Im gonna try dig out tge finacial times econmoic analysis of managers sucees. Thats not what you reffering to is it?

Comment

I'm all for being patient and not making knee-jerk decisions, but there must come a point where enough is enough.

I believe I am correct in saying that since he arrived we have:

Only picked up 2 points away from home. (We were 2-0 up in one of those games and the other was this season against the team currently in 19th place).

Have kept only 3 clean sheets in 25 league games.

Won less games than we have had players sent off.

And I also understand that in his last 60 away matches in charge of various Premiership teams, he has managed to win just 7.

So whilst it would be nice to be patient, not worry and hope that everything will be alright, his record suggests that such improvements are less likely to come about than not. But statistics can be misleading, of course. They don't of course reflect the millions of pounds he has spent on numerous players to achieve such startling success.

Hopefully the improvements are just about to happen, but if we haven't won at least 2 games by the time we have played Southampton, he will need to be replaced by someone more competent.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        I'm all for being patient and not making knee-jerk decisions, but there must come a point where enough is enough.

I believe I am correct in saying that since he arrived we have:

Only picked up 2 points away from home. (We were 2-0 up in one of those games and the other was this season against the team currently in 19th place).

Have kept only 3 clean sheets in 25 league games.

Won less games than we have had players sent off.

And I also understand that in his last 60 away matches in charge of various Premiership teams, he has managed to win just 7.

So whilst it would be nice to be patient, not worry and hope that everything will be alright, his record suggests that such improvements are less likely to come about than not. But statistics can be misleading, of course. They don't of course reflect the millions of pounds he has spent on numerous players to achieve such startling success.

Hopefully the improvements are just about to happen, but if we haven't won at least 2 games by the time we have played Southampton, he will need to be replaced by someone more competent.
        I seehere you are coming from. And i think Hughes but also the board deserve allot of crticism. we spent too much money and signed too many individuals and didnt build a yeam.

You still havent set out a viable alternative however.

Another manager is jyst more of the same in many ways. it will mean more instability more spending more chaos

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster View Post
          I seehere you are coming from. And i think Hughes but also the board deserve allot of crticism. we spent too much money and signed too many individuals and didnt build a yeam.

You still havent set out a viable alternative however.

Another manager is jyst more of the same in many ways. it will mean more instability more spending more chaos
          Owen Coyle is available.

Comment

we need consistency. the reason i believe we havent won yet is because we have never had a constant 11. its october and sparky still hasnt a clue who to play! he needs to take this players on a damn good team bonding exercise this week to stop them playing like strangers!
            i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

some non-brit ideas:
              - domingos (former braga and sporting lisbon, led the unknown braga to europe league final and finished 2nd in portuguese league)
              - luis enrique (the former barça player, been at roma)
              - marcelo bielsa ("mad/genius", attacking mentality)

Comment

I Would stick with MH but if........ Poyet

Comment

Roberto Martinez for me!
                  But most of all I want Hughes to do well. We need stabilty at the club. Neverteless, we have to spend a bit in January window aswell.
                  Last edited by Shania; 11-10-2012, 10:10 AM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Question for the people who want Hughes to stay:

At what point do you crack and want a change?

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                      Lots of people call for Hughes to be sacked but Im just curious to see how many actually have a suggestion for a viable alternative to Hughes given that nearly all the players now are his players and all the back room staff have been brought in by Hughes.

My suspicion is that most haven't actually thought about the implications of sacking Hughes and are simply being very very short sited.

Happy to be proved wrong.
                      I can't really argue with that. I suggested previously, it would cost a lot to sack Hughes and his staff, not to mention most of the players are his signings. If, say Redknapp replaced him, there is no doubt that he would want to sign some of his own players in January.

I think QPR will just need to ride the storm and keep faith with Hughes in the hope that the team finally clicks and pulls away to safety.

No one gave Wigan a prayer in January and February of staying up, but they did. QPR, at least on paper, have a better squad and should start winning games. Although a lot depends on Hughes managerial ability, but he did well with Blackburn and Fulham, and was hardly a failure with City (even if they did sack him - they were 4th or 5th in December when he got sacked).

Comment

Working...
                      X