QPR need to stick with Hughes, says Rodney Marsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR need to stick with Hughes, says Rodney Marsh

Former QPR forward Rodney Marsh believes QPR need stability if they are to fulfil their ambitions as a top-flight football club.

Speaking to The Sports Bar, Marsh said: “Two of the most successful teams over the past 20 years have been it’s Manchester United and Arsenal, with the trophies they have won, and they’ve had their managers for over 40 years combined.

Listen to full interview here

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
    Former QPR forward Rodney Marsh believes QPR need stability if they are to fulfil their ambitions as a top-flight football club.

Speaking to The Sports Bar, Marsh said: “Two of the most successful teams over the past 20 years have been it’s Manchester United and Arsenal, with the trophies they have won, and they’ve had their managers for over 40 years combined.

Listen to full interview here
    Is one allowed to disagree with their "hero"?

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
      "No"

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
        Of course.

I have no desire to see yet another manager. All managers need time as do their players. But it seems to me that Hughes is making decisions that the vast majority of fans, on here at least, simply cannot understand. I personally just want him and the team to start performing somewhere close to the level that this squad should be. Then I would be very, very pleased with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Of course.

I have no desire to see yet another manager. All managers need time as do their players. But it seems to me that Hughes is making decisions that the vast majority of fans, on here at least, simply cannot understand. I personally just want him and the team to start performing somewhere close to the level that this squad should be. Then I would be very, very pleased with everything.
          All I could say in MH's defence, and to back Rodney up, is that Hughes and his team spends every day with the squad on the training ground and therefore obviously knows their strengths, weaknesses, fitness levels, injury levels etc a great deal more than us fans who, however justifiably frustrated we have a right to feel, can only judge the performances on a match day (not to mention his and his staff's vast experience at the highest level of the game).
          Last edited by Stanley; 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Oh god the last time Rodney interfered with our club we lost Gerry Francis and were relegated the following season.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Oh god the last time Rodney interfered with our club we lost Gerry Francis and were relegated the following season.
              Shhhhh!

Comment

Anyone watch Mike Rigg tonight on Player?

After seeing that I cant see them getting rid of Hughes for the whole season, never mind the next 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  Anyone watch Mike Rigg tonight on Player?

After seeing that I cant see them getting rid of Hughes for the whole season, never mind the next 3 games.
                  Nah what did he say mate?

Comment

i

I thought rodney was a brilliant player but he talks a load of bull sometimes wasnt it him that upset francis creating a situation that we lost him to spurs which then cost us our prem place so what is he going to do now lose our prem place again

hughes cannot win away from home and this year we are not even capable of winning at home
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Ranger View Post
                      Nah what did he say mate?
                      Here you go mate: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...uld-watch-this

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                        Of course.

Me too.

I don't want to have a go about Hughes, but he does need top start picking up points. Injuries have not helped, but some of his team selections and tactics are baffling. i.e. Park on the left, SWP starting ahead of Taarabt and Hoilett, Zamora as a lone striker etc.

QPR do not seem able to defend set pieces, and have no invention from any of their own either (what do they do in training).

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                          I thought rodney was a brilliant player but he talks a load of bull sometimes wasnt it him that upset francis creating a situation that we lost him to spurs which then cost us our prem place so what is he going to do now lose our prem place again

hughes cannot win away from home and this year we are not even capable of winning at home
                          Yes, it was Marsh and Thompson who drove out Francis and yes the decision almost certainly cost QPR their premiership place and had they stayed up, who knows what level they would be now...new rich owners (nothing wrong with the current ones, perhaps they would have bought the club instead of Chris Wright), new ground, stability, success?

Comment

Working...
                          X