No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I don't want Green going back in goal! Was smiling when they scored and didn't look bothered when we scored!
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Marshy not worth it mate some people would rather talk waffle than deal with facts mate.

Not saying I'm right or you are right but facts are facts he was beaten at his near post. Any keeper beaten like that has dropped a clanger.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
        Well I don't want Green going back in goal! Was smiling when they scored and didn't look bothered when we scored!
        I saw him flash up on the big screen smirking as well. Not good that. Also when I watched game back when Taarabt scored that beauty the crowd / players & bench went nuts & he just sat there, not a bit of movement out of him. I understand he must feel hard done by but not happy with that kind of behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
          But he didn't have his near post covered, if he did, then deflection or no deflection, it would not have gone in.
          I dont get why you keep bleeting on about him having his near post covered,it wasnt going in at the near post his position was right as it was going into his arms UNTIL it took the DEFLECTION.

Comment

I think he will be one of our hero's this year.

Comment

Blimey there are a couple of complete idiots on this thread talking utter garbage.

Lots of BS about not having the near post covered for the 2nd goal.... if a shot went to the near post he'd have saved it. He had the effort covered completely until it took a deflection just before reaching him and too late to react to. If you watch the analysis from Gary Neville he says exactly that, he had no chance whatsoever when a balls deflected that close... I think he's a better analyser than anyone on here, especially the clearly inept.

Oh, and for those that would seem to want him rooted to the near post, what exactly would your comments have been when a balls played easily across and he's nowhere near it...?

As for the suggestion he was at fault for Faurlin's OG... i'm at a loss for words.

Comment

As Neville said last chance he would have saved the second goal of it didn't take a deflection 2 foot away from him . The first goal he could have saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  Marshy not worth it mate some people would rather talk waffle than deal with facts mate.

Not saying I'm right or you are right but facts are facts he was beaten at his near post. Any keeper beaten like that has dropped a clanger.
                  but he probably would have saved it if it hadn't been deflected off Mbia.

Comment

Any keeper who gets beaten by a deflection when a fast travelling ball hits a player literally two feet in front of him deserves the boot.

Some people on here really are beyonf belief.

The save he pulled off last night was world class, anyone who knows football knows the one I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                      Blimey there are a couple of complete idiots on this thread talking utter garbage.

Lots of BS about not having the near post covered for the 2nd goal.... if a shot went to the near post he'd have saved it. He had the effort covered completely until it took a deflection just before reaching him and too late to react to. If you watch the analysis from Gary Neville he says exactly that, he had no chance whatsoever when a balls deflected that close... I think he's a better analyser than anyone on here, especially the clearly inept.

Oh, and for those that would seem to want him rooted to the near post, what exactly would your comments have been when a balls played easily across and he's nowhere near it...?

As for the suggestion he was at fault for Faurlin's OG... i'm at a loss for words.

Rubbish. The ball was not going into his arms. Mbia was in the way, it would either have hit Mbia, or it would have gone it at his near post. So he should have covered the near post because Mbia had the other part of the goal covered.

As for Gary Neville - seriously, don't tell me you hero-worship these clueless pundits.

Comment

Rubbish. The ball was not going into his arms. Mbia was in the way, it would either have hit Mbia, or it would have gone it at his near post. So he should have covered the near post because Mbia had the other part of the goal covered.

As for Gary Neville - seriously, don't tell me you hero-worship these clueless pundits.
                        You're either blinkered or just being deliberately stupid to stir a pointless negative debate about one of our only consistently good players.

Watch the replay from in / behind the goal and the ball is, no matter what you say, going directly to Cesar until the deflection... if you can't see this you need to get your eyes tested. As for the near post rubbish if the initial shot went to the near post he'd have been able to react easily enough to save it as near enough to cover...

It was the fact a deflection, wherever it had gone at such a late moment made it impossible to react in time. It's the same logic as someone's brain not being able to react quick enough if a player dropped a shoulder to go one side and then went the other, ie a second unexpected movement... It's called PRP (Psychological refractory period)... look it up, you may learn something.

As for Hero worshipping Gary Neville.... hmmm yes obviously that's the case because i say he's a very good analyser, for me the best on TV. Grow up. What is for certain, is that he talks a lot of sense, and is therefore at the opposite end of the spectrum to yourself.

Comment

I read a stat that, before Monday, he had made a save every 16.4 minutes just beating De Gea to the top spot. I think he is class and considering he has just joined a new team in a new country he has done really well. It's easy to watch the slow mo's and say he should have done that and should have done this, but he has had had any Howlers like some others.
                          COME ON YOU RRRRSSS

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            You're either blinkered or just being deliberately stupid to stir a pointless negative debate about one of our only consistently good players.

Watch the replay from in / behind the goal and the ball is, no matter what you say, going directly to Cesar until the deflection... if you can't see this you need to get your eyes tested. As for the near post rubbish if the initial shot went to the near post he'd have been able to react easily enough to save it as near enough to cover...

It was the fact a deflection, wherever it had gone at such a late moment made it impossible to react in time. It's the same logic as someone's brain not being able to react quick enough if a player dropped a shoulder to go one side and then went the other, ie a second unexpected movement... It's called PRP (Psychological refractory period)... look it up, you may learn something.

As for Hero worshipping Gary Neville.... hmmm yes obviously that's the case because i say he's a very good analyser, for me the best on TV. Grow up. What is for certain, is that he talks a lot of sense, and is therefore at the opposite end of the spectrum to yourself.
                            A truly great goalkeeper would have seen the situation, and realised that Vaz Te had very little of the goal to aim at. He would anticipated that Mbia is in the way and covering a lot of the goal, and the only way the ball would go in is if it went in at the near post. He would therefore have anticipated that either it would be a direct shot, or via a deflection. Either way, he would have been ready and blocking off the near post.

Anyway, you keep hero-worshipping Gary "clueless" Neville.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers_Boy83 View Post
                              I read a stat that, before Monday, he had made a save every 16.4 minutes just beating De Gea to the top spot. I think he is class and considering he has just joined a new team in a new country he has done really well. It's easy to watch the slow mo's and say he should have done that and should have done this, but he has had had any Howlers like some others.
                              Yeah, and De Gea isn't even starting!

Comment

A truly great goalkeeper would have seen the situation, and realised that Vaz Te had very little of the goal to aim at. He would anticipated that Mbia is in the way and covering a lot of the goal, and the only way the ball would go in is if it went in at the near post. He would therefore have anticipated that either it would be a direct shot, or via a deflection. Either way, he would have been ready and blocking off the near post.

Anyway, you keep hero-worshipping Gary "clueless" Neville.
                                You're clearly not capable of "Getting" the point being made to you so i will waste little more time. You talk like there was a 10 foot gap by the near post when there wasn't.... THE FACT OF THE MATTER, which i'll repeat for the simple people on here, is HE WAS POSITIONED CLOSE ENOUGH TO THE NEAR POST TO COVER A SHOT TO IT AND WOULD'VE SAVED ONE IF IT CAME.

HE WAS BEATEN BY A LAST MINUTE DEFLECTION CHANGING THE BALLS COURSE, NOT A SHOT TO THE NEAR POST... IF VAZ TE's EFFORT WENT TOWARDS THE NEAR POST HE WOULD HAVE SAVED IT...! Are you that clueless you don't understand these things.

Also, as in your mind he should've been standing on the post itself, what then if the ball was played across the face of goal, which given Vaz Te's position was in fact the likely outcome.... He'd have been in no mans land and had *****s on the forum saying he shouldn't have been routed to the near post!

He did what all good goalies would do, be in a position to cover both the near post, and a ball across... perhaps someone could draw you a picture. What he couldn't legislate for, even though you suggest it so simple, was a deflection of any kind... you react to them as they happen.

It's also comical that you suggest Gary Neville, or anyone else for that matter is clueless given the stuff you've spouted on here. You just make yourself look more stupid.
                                Last edited by Del; 03-10-2012, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X