Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julio Cesar

Opinions?

Not a dig just an observation but I personally think he is no where near as good as I thought he would be. Few goals he's conceded already that have concerned me greatly.

First at Spurs, not a lot of blame can be put his way for that one but he didn't read the flight of the ball at all prior to it hitting Faurlin's shoulder.

Reading's third goal he literally scrambled across the six yard box in a way I can't even describe ( watch it again) and was beaten by a back flick.

Second goal last night was embarrassing from his point of view. Yes Onouha should of had his man & it took a very slight nick off of Mbia but to get beaten inside your near post at the tighest of angles is a massive no no for keepers.

Jarvis floated a ball over last night that totally beat him & only for Hill who cleared the gyppo would of had a certain goal.

I'm sure he'll be good for us & bloody hope he is but if Rob Green had made them mistakes he would of been slaughtered from every angle possible by our fans so fairs fair Cesar's mishaps should be highlighted also.

Basically what I'm saying is I don't think he's been an improvement on what we had unfortunately.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 02-10-2012, 02:38 PM.

Was very poor for both goals last night but he is a proved goalie

Comment

Looked abit flappy at times.

Comment

I think you'll find a lot of keepers are struggling this season, and it's apparently down to the different ball that's being used this season.

Cesar is world class, no question.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Oh its the balls fault?

Apologies.

Comment

He's pulled off 4 or 5 top draw saves in the games I've seen him in. Can't blame him for the 2nd last night- it was a comedy of errors from the players in front of him.

He is calm, organises the back line and is so good on the ball that at Spurs we were able to use him whenever we were under pressure as an out ball.

He is an exceptionally good keeper- it's the defence in front of him that's letting him down.

He is without a doubt a step up from what we already had and will get us out of jail plenty of times in the games ahead.

Comment

I agree the defence have a lot to answer for but for me he doesn't come enough for balls into the box & has conceded some 'dodgy' goals already. Conceding 7 goals in 3 games is worrying.

But I agree he has good pedigree just saying Green would have been mullered by now if it was him. I think many are over awed we have him tbh.

Comment

he has indeed had some shaky moments leading to conceded goals but at the same time he has also pulled off some great saves at points, too. so for me it's a bit of good and a bit of bad. he does a lot of things well though and i only hope this run we are in together with the shaky defence and conceded goals does not start affecting his confidence...
                come on you r's!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  Oh its the balls fault?

Apologies.
                  It's been reported by many pros that this new ball does take a bit of getting used to; especially for gk's.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

They train with them every day of the week & 19 other keepers have to use them so I'm not entirely sold on that one mate.
                    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 02-10-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                      They train with them every day of the week & 19 other keepers have to use them so it entirely sold on that one mate.
                      For the first few weeks of the season, keepers everywhere in the league were struggling. Cesar came to the league later.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Its not the ball it's the defence in front of him!

Comment

Can't blame a ball for bad positioning sorry.

He hasn't been beaten once from a long rage shot that could of had a dodgy flight of the ball. All goals have been errors apart from Shorey's fk which no keeper would of saved as it was such a good strike.

Comment

Good goalkeeper nothing to worry about, bit unlucky with the second one which was deflected past him, the first was meant to go back across goal to a team mate, misheaded it and it went in.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                              Good goalkeeper nothing to worry about, bit unlucky with the second one which was deflected past him, the first was meant to go back across goal to a team mate, misheaded it and it went in.
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                              X