Article on Granero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
    I hope so. one of my frustrations for a long time is that we never seem to have someone arriving late to strike the ball. we have one or two strikers in the box and the next player is often 30 yards back down the pitch. also if we are to make 4-5-1 work better than it did against Swansea we need better link up play. that said cisse and adel seem to have carried the can for the swansea debacle but for me the problem was just as much formation - the midfield were obviously told to lie deep, which left cisse incredibly isolated. if granero has the athleticism and desire to be a real box-to-box midfielder he cd prove a v important signing.
    Yes, I know what you mean Stainrod. I was hoping Diakite would be that type of box to box player perhaps. Not sure if Granero will be or not, but definitely need more midfielders to support the strikers. All the best teams have that kind of player, the Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard type. Yaya Toure looks to be developing into that player for Manchester City too.

So many elements to a good team, but I'll settle for us getting some clean sheets in the Premier League first!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR17 View Post
      you are probs right but I hope to god its Mbia and Nelson as CB's!
      that's what I would do. Faurlin and Granero in central midfield. The other four places are causing the headache!
      Zamora Cisse Johnson Hoilett Park Diakite & Taarabt to fight it out along with Mackie and SWP.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
        Yes, I know what you mean Stainrod. I was hoping Diakite would be that type of box to box player perhaps. Not sure if Granero will be or not, but definitely need more midfielders to support the strikers. All the best teams have that kind of player, the Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard type. Yaya Toure looks to be developing into that player for Manchester City too.

So many elements to a good team, but I'll settle for us getting some clean sheets in the Premier League first!
        to be fair to Diakite if he was fasting for Ramadan, he would not really have been fit to run box to box in the heat during the Swansea match.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
          to be fair to Diakite if he was fasting for Ramadan, he would not really have been fit to run box to box in the heat during the Swansea match.
          Oh, I wasn't criticising his performance in that match. Just more talking about how he's going to be out of the team for awhile.

Comment

I wonder how many Internet managers have actually seen Mbia play physically live in the flesh?

Go on?
            I have and I will say he looked pretty good but I'm not expecting Bobby Moore and Maradona wrapped up in one.

What's great is for the first time ever as an R's fan you'd be hard pressed to 100% guess the team sheet
            I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Working...
            X