Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing at football article - QPR fan writing in the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...otball-matches

Own up. vblock do you write for the guardian?

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...otball-matches

Own up. vblock do you write for the guardian?
    :-) dont even buy a paper mate and if i did it certainly wouldnt be THAT paper.
    That journo certainly does remind me of a few posters on here tho so i am not surprised that a Guardian Journalist is a regular at QPR ..thats the kind of fan we seem to be attracting now that football is no longer a working class sport and has become trendy with the jolly hockey stick brigade. Going to end up like Fulham if we are not careful.. tourists and upper crust twerps complaining that our own players are a bit too rough and aggressive and how that its "just not cricket" when our player takes a dive for a pen
    Last edited by vblockranger; 05-09-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I'd wrap the paper round his head and say, why do they call them stands then?

If you can't stand for 45 minutes at a time, then unless you're in a wheelchair, you're a lazy *******. Bet he complains about all the noise at football matches too.

Comment

Think the article is spot on! loved this comment at the end of the page...
        Germany should be the model.

Similar sized crowds, "safe" standing areas and........you can have a pint while watching the game.

Vorsprung Durch Technique.
        Rugby and Cricket supporters are treated with far more respect by there clubs and ruling bodies,the police and stewards treat you with respect also, not like a potential Hooligan/trouble maker,We definitely get a poor deal being football supporters Its a Liberty really because we pay enough and in this TV age get mucked about with re-arangements for Sky to boot!!
        http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

I'd rather stand any day of the week...Its about time we had the choice we pay enough! sick and tired of parting with good money then having a row with some power crazy steward telling me to sit down or he'll try and throw me out!! :strive:
          http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

I think we should have all standing, with seating zones. Not the other way around.

They manage to let people stand and drink while watching music, but apparently football fans must be tied with a different brush. Total hypocrisy.

If you follow religion and someone said, you can't without these restrictions because of the crusades, spanish inquisition, salem etc all prove you are thugs and the dregs of society. You'd get laughed at. But that's precisely what football fans have to put up with.

Comment

I stand because I can and I want to..

Comment

Could not care less if I sit or stand, as long as I get the best possible view at the cheapest possible price.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I have to admit I am from an era where loftus road has always been seated! However I'm sure these safe standing areas would be a fantastic solution for the issue we are currently having with stadium capacity. It would increase stadium revenue whilst allowing more fans in to see the match at lower prices, as a result it would take the pressure off our owners to build a new stadium so they could ensure the location etc was suitable for the clubs needs and pleased us lot!

Comment

The SFA are implimenting safe standing along the lines of the German model. Best thing they've done in ages.

its only a matter of time before terraces c/w sane design come back down here. Moving to a new venue prior to this issue being dealt with might be premature. The old terraces were half the reason for going, much bigger buzz, look at the clips...

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                      :-) dont even buy a paper mate and if i did it certainly wouldnt be THAT paper.
                      That journo certainly does remind me of a few posters on here tho so i am not surprised that a Guardian Journalist is a regular at QPR ..thats the kind of fan we seem to be attracting now that football is no longer a working class sport and has become trendy with the jolly hockey stick brigade. Going to end up like Fulham if we are not careful.. tourists and upper crust twerps complaining that our own players are a bit too rough and aggressive and how that its "just not cricket" when our player takes a dive for a pen
                      Stop whinging and hurry up bringing me that Pimm's you grubby little man...

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        The SFA are implimenting safe standing along the lines of the German model. Best thing they've done in ages.

its only a matter of time before terraces c/w sane design come back down here. Moving to a new venue prior to this issue being dealt with might be premature. The old terraces were half the reason for going, much bigger buzz, look at the clips...
                        For once I agree with you 100%

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post

Comment

makes it harder to eat one's prawn sandwich when you're jostled standing up, for sure.

having standing and seated areas is what people seem to want. it's only the beaurocrats who sit in their director's boxes who seem to think all-seated remains appropriate. why do the people we vote for seem to constantly support decisions which we don't want?
                            come on you r's!

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                              oh yes!

Comment

Working...
                              X