Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Our Players Own Up.. To A Goal being Scored?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Our Players Own Up.. To A Goal being Scored?

SHould they?

Lets say what happened to Palace, happened to us how would we feel?

Shirley, now time of a bit of common sense and look at the videos on the sidelines, it doesn;t slow the game down, if teams had one chance a game to make a referral to the 4th official. I will also extend it to penalty decisions as well.

Your thoughts?
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Anyone here brave enough to ask them??!!
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

If it was against Palace, then no just so I could sit and laugh at Colin's reaction.
      Also if it was against Chelsea or Luton it'd still be a no plus a handfull of other clubs, I could take it and laugh but against a majority of clubs then they should own up. What good would owning up have done though? Very suspect that goal, how the referee seemingly didn't see Palaec players celebrating and the Bristol players just walking off.

Comment

personally i dont think they will bring in goal line tech because they like there to be abit of controversy in the game!...
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I remember a similar thing happening at loftus road when we had the narrower goals the ball hit the stantion and came back out. i think it was against blackburn in the early 80's.

Comment

they won't do it purely because they will find out how crap the refs really are.....
            think it should be like the tennis...3 challenges per game

Comment

I would like to see a bit more honesty shown by players.But as the rewards are so high these days it is not really gonna happen.Cheating seems accepted by most fans as part of the game now.

I would like to see goal line cameras though for incidents as to if a ball has crossed the line or not.Sometimes things happen before the refferee or linesman are level with play.

We can fit cameras into cricket stumps so why not goal posts?.

I would not like to see other decisions taken away from the officials though.Only ones regarding the ball crossing the line or not.The ref should have the option of going to a fourth video official if he chooses.

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                I would like to see a bit more honesty shown by players.But as the rewards are so high these days it is not really gonna happen.Cheating seems accepted by most fans as part of the game now.

I would like to see goal line cameras though for incidents as to if a ball has crossed the line or not.Sometimes things happen before the refferee or linesman are level with play.

We can fit cameras into cricket stumps so why not goal posts?.

I would not like to see other decisions taken away from the officials though.Only ones regarding the ball crossing the line or not.The ref should have the option of going to a fourth video official if he chooses.
                It wont happen, because all the players would have to answer to their team mates, manager, Chairman and fans alike.

Players in sports like Snooker & Golf can be honest, because they have no-one to justify their actions to.

If they use replays, they would need to use it more than once a game.

Perhaps if they did it like in Tennis, where players have say three calls per set and if it is correct in their favour, they still have 3 calls. Teams could have one call per half, unless they were in the right. i.e Palace were so would still have 1, but it seems City had a 'good' goal chalked off for offside, so the end result might still have been a defeat for Palace (although of course the game might have panned out differently).

Comment

I've asked this elsewhere, but did they carry on playing or was play stopped for a free kick?
                  We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
                    I've asked this elsewhere, but did they carry on playing or was play stopped for a free kick?
                    A goal kick was awarded as the officials thought the ball had gone behind.

Comment

I don't know, but I recall hearing Warnock say that the Officials were talking to each other to 'dream' up a foul.

Comment

maybe helguson should wheel off making out he has scored in the future and see what happens

ive played in games where there has been a whole in the net and people have hit it through the hole and people have argued saying it didnt go in

Comment

I ask, because Gary Johnson is claiming on Sky that it was disallowed as the assistant's flag had gone up.
                          We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
                            I ask, because Gary Johnson is claiming on Sky that it was disallowed as the assistant's flag had gone up.
                            I read 2 newspaper match reports and they both said that the ref awarded a goal kick.

Think Johnson is trying to cover himself against unsporting behaviour accusations.

Comment

Goal line technology is the only solution here...

Comment

Working...
                              X