Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
    i aint saying we dont need a striker.
    hold on, so your happy how things are going (2 points out of 6)

your not going to go OTT

but you agree we need a striker

scratches head in disbelief :what::what::what:

the word contradictive comes to mind

Comment

hmmm...

a couple of frustrating draws and those above had QBP on here undermining Sousa and calling for his head...

2 equally frustrating draws against the worst 2 teams in the division and we should look on the brightside.....

funny world...

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie's Barnet View Post
        It's liek sending an army to war and saying "Well, we haven't actually given the boys any bullets to put in their guns, but we got 10 times as many soldiers than the other lot. God, we're going to look good going forward."

Looking good going forward doesn't win you points. Strikers who put away more chances than they miss do. Ideally two or three of them.

FFS, PLEASE can Scott and QBP stop treating the rest of us like *****s. It is obvious to EVERYONE our strike force doesn't cut it and hasn't for 18 months.

oi

I AGREE WE NEED A STRIKER

What pete says and thinks is different to me on this.

give me some credit.

All im saying is FFS, considering how pish poor we were last year we're a) improving and b) its early days!
        :chill:
        Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Not often I agree with Scott but he is correct in this case. No need for the usual over-reaction just yet.

It's only Madge's third competitive game in charge, he's probably still learning things about his squad. That's no fault of his, just the way it is.

We all agree that we need a prolific striker (bar Peter of course), but we nearly always have since Sir Les and Andy Thompson (and who'd have guessed that he'd bag 20 in a season before he actually did?).

We seem to be playing some decent stuff and the chances are being created, so when Vine, Dave, Pellicori or someone else hit some form we should start putting games away that are there for the taking.

It's a marathon, not a sprint (cliche-a-rama) and all that. A point at Home Park is not such a bad result in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

2pts from 6 against 2 teams I have no doubt will be in the bottom 8 come the end of the season is poor whatever way you want to spin it! ...not like we started the season against Sheff Utd and M'boro is it!

Comment

Originally posted by eghamR View Post
              2pts from 6 against 2 teams I have no doubt will be in the bottom 8 come the end of the season is poor whatever way you want to spin it! ...not like we started the season against Sheff Utd and M'boro is it!
              after struggling to 2 1-1 draws against bottom half teams the thought of the big teams scares the life out of me personally...gonna be a rougher season than most thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                It's a marathon, not a sprint (cliche-a-rama) and all that. A point at Home Park is not such a bad result in the grand scheme of things.
                the first game is just as important as the last

Comment

2 games we should have won and would probably have won if we had a goalscorer up top.

Comment

How long before we hear the "Many of us would have taken a point against Plymouth before the game, so there is no problem" cr*p?

The fact is at 4.45 I thought we had won. 5 minutes later it feels like a defeat. And why? Because we haven't got a goal scorer to kill the game off. I don't want to feel like that another dozen times this season because no one who matters listens.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-QPR View Post
                      the first game is just as important as the last
                      Not if the last is the Play-off Final.

Nice cliche though.

How about "strikers win you matches but defenders win you leagues". ::chill:

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
                        dozen times this season
                        think it will be more than a dozen mate:waaaht:

Comment

Think the next two games will tell us a lot more we are playing two decent sides in Bristol City and Forest and after two draws we need to get some points on the board! I am happy that we seem to be playing better football but at the moment still seems like finishing chances is the problem! I'll be at the Bristol game so will be able to see first hand!

Comment

its not just an overeaction after one game.

we have known for a very long time we needed a striker but we still don't have one. thats why people are frustrated. we could see this coming

Comment

Originally posted by Ellerslie View Post
                              Not often I agree with Scott but he is correct in this case. No need for the usual over-reaction just yet.

It's only Madge's third competitive game in charge, he's probably still learning things about his squad. That's no fault of his, just the way it is.

We all agree that we need a prolific striker (bar Peter of course), but we nearly always have since Sir Les and Andy Thompson (and who'd have guessed that he'd bag 20 in a season before he actually did?).

We seem to be playing some decent stuff and the chances are being created, so when Vine, Dave, Pellicori or someone else hit some form we should start putting games away that are there for the taking.

very well put across sir, but do you think the owners & our DOF give a 5hit, they must be the only ones who can't see the difference a quality stiker would make (sorry & QBP)

i agree it is early days & nothing to get worked up about, but how long do we give it before the penny drops, day before transfer deadline day!! the January transfer window, who knows where we'll be then, we've known for at least 2 years we need a quality striker & the board & GP have done "nish" about it "FACT"

Comment

How much longer will some of the better players in our squad want to hang around when it becomes apparent that we don't have the personnel to challenge for promotion? Connolly, Stewart, Gorkks, Buzz, Vine, Routledge...all no doubt candidates to exit stage left.

It won't be long before we have more to worry about than a lack of a striker.

Comment

Working...
                                X