No announcement yet.

The problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

surprised we didn't stick the Pelican on sometime in the second half. Particularly given his showing during mid-week. Thoughts?
    Remember Gillard!!

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
      We'll have to wait until everyone gets back to voice their opinion, it could had been just a plain unlucky goal...
      I live quite locally to Plymouth so I'm back from the match already.....Plymouth had their chances but we had more. Vine was very unlucky not to beat the keeper late on to put us 2-0 up....keeper just got to it. We very nearly scored what would have been a nice looping header very late on (after Plymouth had equalised) when our guy (sorry couldn't make out who it was from where I was) got bundled over challenging from a long ball with the keeper in no mans land. I didn't go to Blackpool but it sounds much the same.....we definately deserved all 3 points....The players came toward the away end at the end almost apologetic.....You could see they were gutted to get nothing out of their endeavours. There was a fair bit of vocal aggro between the two sets of fans (I know there always is but this just seemed a bit feisty)....several of the Plymouth lot were thrown out in the first half. I left a bit smartish to try and get out of the car park which I thought was a mistake for a minute as I realised there were only a couple more QPR shirts in sight as I endured chants of "1-0 and you F@#ked it up", the usual jokes about us having the money but doing nothing with it plus from just behind me "I hate ****ney B#&tards". Being a West Country lad I know the latter wasn't personally aimed at me but wearing a QPR shirt, I did go on the defensive expecting a glancing blow from behind. I would imagine there was trouble at some point afterwards but glad that I avoided it if it did happen. Back to the football though, we should have been more than 1-0 up but I had a feeling an equaliser was coming...Very near to the end and we were still attacking from a corner....you see teams keeping the ball in the corner of the pitch and winding down time but we were still putting in penalty box corners. I think we should have played keep ball a bit at the end (easy with hindsight).....Just one more thing......Not sure if it led to their goal but not long before it, they won a throw in that I'm sure should have been ours (possession is important at that stage of the game). We drew loads of games last year and we've drawn both so far this season.....same scoreline at Argyle as last year....It's all very deja vu. I'll leave it at that and let the experts update more fully when they're home.

Comment

Working...
      X