No announcement yet.

New Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure we will hear something by the end of August about the stadium.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

His article makes a lot of sense. He says that the club needs to build a larger fan base before moving to a new stadium, as there is no point in having a 40,000 seat stadium if only 18,000 turn up. I believe this has already been said on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Hitman I read that article yesterday............and you have just said exactly what I thought. Hope we're wrong but I remember thinking how will we sustain this level of player that let's face it don't come cheap on 18,000 crowds?
        Does it really make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things? Sponsors want global exposure and are prepared to pay for it. Even if we doubled our capacity that would only add about £9 million per season if you factored in that a seat is probably worth about £500 a season. The Premier League is turning more and more into a TV based sport like F1 where actual crowds at the circuit are of no interest to sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by wicksta View Post
          Does it really make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things? Sponsors want global exposure and are prepared to pay for it. Even if we doubled our capacity that would only add about £9 million per season if you factored in that a seat is probably worth about £500 a season. The Premier League is turning more and more into a TV based sport like F1 where actual crowds at the circuit are of no interest to sponsors.
          absolutely agree, my main concern with the article is, when will the land be bought, if that is left for years it may be unavailable or super expensive..

Comment

Originally posted by QPR71 View Post
            absolutely agree, my main concern with the article is, when will the land be bought, if that is left for years it may be unavailable or super expensive..
            Yes that's a good point.

Comment

on the upside PB's language is VERY local.. he talks of picking up the footfall of westfield etc...
              looking though my rose coloured qpr goggles...i hope local land bought through long and protracted bidding
              followed by long planning procedure adding up to 3 years...final planning build and move = 5 years

Comment

cant see the point in a new stadium .we struggle to sell out lr to 16500 home fans regularly...........fact!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Well the investors are going to lose a shed load of money the longer this takes, and I can't see why they would be prepared to do this, especially after they have already stated that a 35/40,000 is a necessity to maintain our prem league status.I realise you can't do something like this in 6 months but 5 years minimum? Can anyone see us leaving LR for a ground share?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Well the investors are going to lose a shed load of money the longer this takes, and I can't see why they would be prepared to do this, especially after they have already stated that a 35/40,000 is a necessity to maintain our prem league status.I realise you can't do something like this in 6 months but 5 years minimum? Can anyone see us leaving LR for a ground share?

please dave, dont even go there!

if that happens, then probably some bullsh.it would be spouted that we are in no rush for a new stadium (just like the training ground) loftus road would be sold off and the money men would pocket the proceeds.

thats what i can see happening if we go down the ground share route on a temp basis.
                    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Sky and sponsors will cover transfers and wages ,but were will say £200million come for a new ground
                      Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                        please dave, dont even go there!

if that happens, then probably some bullsh.it would be spouted that we are in no rush for a new stadium (just like the training ground) loftus road would be sold off and the money men would pocket the proceeds.

thats what i can see happening if we go down the ground share route on a temp basis.
                        yeah mate exactly.

Comment

Do some of you guys not read what the board have said? TF said we could've sold 20k season tickets for the forthcoming season. PB has said the new stadium will need to be multi purpose and I understand it'll have a retractable roof, the only one of its kind in London. The sponsorship deals for the new stadium and possibly the training ground, along with the sale of LR, the leasing of the new stadium for other events, and an increase in advertising revenue, will probably pay for it all.

Where else in England would you be able to have things like stadium gigs in the middle of winter? Where else could you have a stadium gig and if the weather turns nasty you could close the roof and still hold a big concert?

We could grow our club by moving home into a bigger stadium and the benefits it offers, or we could stay in little old LR, no expansion, no naming rights, no increase in revenue, whether by attendance or advertising, and a capacity fit for League 1.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                          X