National anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National anthem

Bellamy, Giggs, Allen,....it's the National Anthem of GB of which Wales is still a part, and you boys are representing GB.........sing it

Difficult one since it's the English National Anthem. I personally wouldn't sing 'Flower of Scotland' or 'Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau' even though they are rousing tunes. England should have a different anthem then we can all sing the GB one.

Comment

rule brittania should be the olympic anthem!
      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Bellamy, Giggs, Allen,....it's the National Anthem of GB of which Wales is still a part, and you boys are representing GB.........sing it
        Maybe they're atheist republicans meaning that our awful anthem has zero relevance?

Comment

acricketer and OldSchool are both correct.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            Difficult one since it's the English National Anthem. I personally wouldn't sing 'Flower of Scotland' or 'Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau' even though they are rousing tunes. England should have a different anthem then we can all sing the GB one.
            They are playing for GB, if they don't want to sing the country they are representing national anthem then don't play. Hypocritical they choose to play but to be fair pretty pointless competition and with Pearce in charge they have no chance.

Comment

I don't blame them for not singing it because too many idiots seem to think England and Britain are the same thing. They're not. The English seem to have rejected their national identity in favour of the British one. The Welsh and Scots have hung onto theirs. That's why so many Welsh and Scots don't get involved with Britishness, because its also seen as Englishness.

I'm not supporting this Team GB nonsense. I'm English and my country is not represented, although many of my countrymen and women are competing under the Team GB umbrella. I didn't cheer Andy Murray on at Wimbledon and I won't be cheering him on for Team GB either.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

never been comfortable singing my allegiance to a german family!

Comment

Giggs scores for Team GB!

Nice.

Comment

Go Team GB!

Comment

giggsy giggsy wigsy....................marvellous!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        never been comfortable singing my allegiance to a german family!
                        But you are to a Malaysian consortium eh Facto?........ ;)

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                          Go Team GB!
                          Yes I wish Team GB would go too........go to hell!
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                            But you are to a Malaysian consortium eh Facto?........ ;)
                            capitalism rules!!!

Comment

Giggs is English,made a big mistake playing for Wales and he knows it
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X