Nedum Onuoha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nedum Onuoha

Anybody else get the feeling that Nedum Onuoha may be used more as a centre half than a full back next season?

Looking at the signings made and also the way we have lined up in the Far East, I reckon Hughes fancies Nedum more at centre half. Obviously we have made a couple of signings at full back and also we have been giving Harriman a fair bit of game time at right back. Also we don't seem to be too active in a pursuit of any other centre halfs and we are definitely 1 light in the squad (if we are considering Nedum as a full back).

Can't say I am overly keen on Nedum at centre back, but then again he hadn't played much in recent years before joining us and I'm sure Hughes knows his qualities better than me!

Signings far from finished so squad still evolving at present. CB very much on the shopping list and i expect to see one in before season start imo.

Comment

Yeah I've been saying for awhile I see him using Ned in the centre, I think he'll be a lot more assured with Clint or Ryan Nelsen beside him and Green in goal. He's got all the physical attributes to be a great centre half. Just lacks positional awareness and doesn't read the game well enough for me. Game time only way it will improve to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
        Yeah I've been saying for awhile I see him using Ned in the centre, I think he'll be a lot more assured with Clint or Ryan Nelsen beside him and Green in goal. He's got all the physical attributes to be a great centre half. Just lacks positional awareness and doesn't read the game well enough for me. Game time only way it will improve to be honest.
        must have been watching a different team last season. thought he was terrible at centre-half and we were leaking goals like crazy. right back he looks far more solid. still think he has to be the right back as no obvious alternative - fabio will surely play left back. just hoping for a decent centre-half coming in otherwise we have to rely on nelson/ hill which looks weaker than every other position in the starting 11 now.

Comment

Originally posted by D3nisBail3ySliP View Post
          Signings far from finished so squad still evolving at present. CB very much on the shopping list and i expect to see one in before season start imo.
          I'm not so sure you know, I would like to see us sign another centre half but we don't seem to be being linked with any. I think Hughes will use Harriman (right back) and Max Ehmer (centre half or defensive midfield) as back up for next season and with this in mind if Onuoha is to be used as a centre half we actually have enough cover for every position.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 23-07-2012, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
            must have been watching a different team last season. thought he was terrible at centre-half and we were leaking goals like crazy. right back he looks far more solid. still think he has to be the right back as no obvious alternative - fabio will surely play left back. just hoping for a decent centre-half coming in otherwise we have to rely on nelson/ hill which looks weaker than every other position in the starting 11 now.
            Just for the record I agree. Didn't like the look of Onuoha at centre half at all, especially if paired with Anton.

Comment

No watching the same team, like I said his lack of positioning and not reading the game pretty much back up what you said regarding the leaking of goals.

Comment

agreed, although i think Clint has shown himself more than capable, but not sure about Nelsen and him together

Comment

It is his preferred position, but I don't think we're necessarily going to see Nedum as a starter. His greatest strength lies in his versatility - he can play anywhere across the back so is fantastic cover.

Anyway, unlike most posters here I would rather we sign a quality right back than a centre back. Traore isn't convincing at left back, so Fabio needs to play there and Young is clearly on the way out. Harriman will probably get a couple of Cup games, leaving only Nedum.

Comment

Working...
                  X