defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Can see MH using Ned at CB, why else bring in Fabio, and if you're newspaper story is correct go back for Buttner. I did see the reason the saints stalled on the deal was 3rd party ownership of Buttner, do we really want to be involved with anything like that again? Also that reporter Simon Peach is it on twitter reckons the Saints are close to signing him again
    ok fair enough dave, just passing on what i read.

my take was that onouha wd play right back, fabio left back and then a new centre back.

agree a rotation of hill/ nelsen the best option at centre half at the moment - its ok, just several steps lower down the football food chain than the rest of the team now.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      ok fair enough dave, just passing on what i read.

my take was that onouha wd play right back, fabio left back and then a new centre back.

agree a rotation of hill/ nelsen the best option at centre half at the moment - its ok, just several steps lower down the football food chain than the rest of the team now.
      Hey i agree with you stainrod, i obviously don't put things clearly sorry!! i really don't want ned at cb, and i hope you're right, Fabio lb and ned rb. I'll try and write things clearer, i don't want us signing Buttner cause that would leave Ned as cb, just wish saints would get on with it!

Comment

Hey i agree with you stainrod, i obviously don't put things clearly sorry!! i really don't want ned at cb, and i hope you're right, Fabio lb and ned rb. I'll try and write things clearer, i don't want us signing Buttner cause that would leave Ned as cb, just wish saints would get on with it!
        no worries mate...

agree i dont see the point of buttner, particularly after he preferred the saints to us anyway...

Comment

My own view is that MH will use Ned as a CB. He played there today and was bought as one. I don't think Ned makes a great RB anyway because he's not that mobile. I thought Fabio and Traore did ok today but I accept the EPL will be a much different proposition.

Anyone else noticed how quiet the rumour mill has been connecting us with CBs? I think MH is going to go with Connolly, Hill, Nelsen, Ned, and Anton as the CB group, Traore and Fabio as the FBs, with perhaps one coming through from the youth team and one brought in from outside. I might be wrong, but that's just my guess. If Hoilett has signed, I think we'll see transfer efforts focusing on a FB, CM and a CF.

Transfer kitty? I reckon MH has got another £15m to spend. Remember, he was prepared to lash £12m on one player, Giroud, and Diakite was always on the radar.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Can see MH using Ned at CB, why else bring in Fabio, and if you're newspaper story is correct go back for Buttner. I did see the reason the saints stalled on the deal was 3rd party ownership of Buttner, do we really want to be involved with anything like that again? Also that reporter Simon Peach is it on twitter reckons the Saints are close to signing him again
            Not composed enough to play in that position IMO.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Connolly looked very good at CB too yesterday. So that's 5 CB's - Nedum, Anton, Nelson, Hill, Conners. But still a quality one needed IMO.

Comment

Why do we need a defence, we're gonna score so many goals the way we're going with buying forwards.
                After all remember Spurs did it a few seasons back winning games 5-4 4-3 etc worked for them until they got injuries up front and were conceding more than they were scoring.
                Queens Park Rangers
                NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Working...
                X