defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defence

guardian reporting that as well as hoilet signing friday we are back in for that dutch left back after southampton abruptly cooled their interest (apologies it is not allowing me to copy a link, but its in the general round up section on transfer speculation).

sun also reported we are after torres, the spanish right back.

if fabio can play left or right back, where does all this leave onouha? i just hope hughes is not thinking of playing onouha as a centre half as he looked really dodgy when he played there last season, tho looked pretty comfortable at right back. being greedy we might want another centre mid or a reserve striker but a commanding centre half is surely the one remaining position where we really cry out for somone as our options there are considerably weaker than for every other position.

whatever happened to Naughton for £5 Mill?
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

You are one of the very few people that speak sense on these forums, i congratulate you bud yea definately, anouha shouldnt be playing CB, not too keen on that left back, would love a good solid CB if we won the race for alves which i doubt i think many qpr fans would eat there hats.

Comment

Originally posted by Franky Boy View Post
        You are one of the very few people that speak sense on these forums, i congratulate you bud yea definately, anouha shouldnt be playing CB, not too keen on that left back, would love a good solid CB if we won the race for alves which i doubt i think many qpr fans would eat there hats.
        Ha! im not even allowing myself to fantasise about signing alves - wd be the biggest signing in our club's history, probably by quite some distance. wd looooove it, as keegan wd say, but realistically cant see it. other than gallas we havent been linked with a centre half that sounded v realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Ha! im not even allowing myself to fantasise about signing alves - wd be the biggest signing in our club's history, probably by quite some distance. wd looooove it, as keegan wd say, but realistically cant see it. other than gallas we havent been linked with a centre half that sounded v realistic.
          I have to admit, I was getting abit to attached to the hoilett deal... if he wouldnt of signed i literally would of been gutted... but back onto the defence, apparantly, things are going very well now for samba where ever he is and he's a fans favourite now cant see him coming, i cant see us signing both torres and this dutch fella, dont really need either imo, we have a very versitle back 4, fabio can play either side, anouha can play CB, but a CB is a must! unless we go with anton and clint? they looked pretty good last year..

Comment

I have to admit, I was getting abit to attached to the hoilett deal... if he wouldnt of signed i literally would of been gutted... but back onto the defence, apparantly, things are going very well now for samba where ever he is and he's a fans favourite now cant see him coming, i cant see us signing both torres and this dutch fella, dont really need either imo, we have a very versitle back 4, fabio can play either side, anouha can play CB, but a CB is a must! unless we go with anton and clint? they looked pretty good last year..
            anton and clint did do really well but clint was playing out of his skin - can he pull it off for an entire season next year????

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              anton and clint did do really well but clint was playing out of his skin - can he pull it off for an entire season next year????
              I dont think he would do it for the whole season, i think maybe another signing and maybe rotate them? i know it sounds stupid like sunday lge football, but if both players work there ******** off for 5 game, then rest for 5? just an idea lol, im sure MH has more knowledge than me

Comment

I see the club have not denied the signing of hoilett so what is the hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by loft54 View Post
                  I see the club have not denied the signing of hoilett so what is the hold up.
                  from what someone said on the other thread, he has got his permit, flying out to meet the team, will be annouced when he is in malaysia

Comment

I think Onouha will be used as a CB.

Comment

If we wanna push for top 10 we need an out and out CB not someone who has played RB for most of his carear

Comment

Excuse me, but I think nearly everyone on this site rate Iffy quite highly as a rightback. Old news!
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

I think Hughes is after a cb however if he does not find the right man he will just rotate hill and nelson in all honestly I'm happy with that both very commanding will do anton the world of good.

Comment

Alves says no and want`s to stay at Zenith. Juve, Fiorentina (and a team from Shepherds Bush) are rumoured to be interested.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/553/russ...-st-petersburg

Comment

Can see MH using Ned at CB, why else bring in Fabio, and if you're newspaper story is correct go back for Buttner. I did see the reason the saints stalled on the deal was 3rd party ownership of Buttner, do we really want to be involved with anything like that again? Also that reporter Simon Peach is it on twitter reckons the Saints are close to signing him again

Comment

Working...
                              X