X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuart Downing

Hi lads,

First post on here. I'm not a QPR supporter but I have some news for you.

I have it on good authority that Stewart Downing will become a QPR player before the new season begins.

As far as I know there is loan offers on the table from Stoke and QPR. However, Liverpool are more interested in a permanent move and QPR are in pole position to pay between 8-10 million.

The major stumbling block is Downing's wage at Liverpool is currently 75K a week and QPR will not pay that. QPR want to loan Downing but Liverpool and the player would prefer a permanent move.

My understanding is that Downing has been told he is not in the plans at Liverpool and that Stoke and QPR are his options at the moment. Downing would prefer a move to QPR and London and Liverpool want a permanent deal with QPR willing to do a deal for around 8 million.

Downing will leave Liverpool this Summer as he has been told he is not in the plans at Liverpool and QPRs financial clout puts them in a better position than Stoke.

That is all I know at the moment. I understand I will most likely be laughed off the forum here but I have the above on very very good authority.

:omg-:

Thanks for the info

Comment

God i hope this falls through over wages

Comment

I wish I could post the name of the person I spoke to the other night about this deal but it really would get me in a lot of trouble.

Thanks

Comment

many thanks for posting.

this is one of those signings where i hope we are out-bid...

Comment

Please no.

Comment

Was it Stewart Downing ?

Comment

best not to post here at all if you cant reveal the source eh!
                you're bound to get grief!

Comment

I hope this isn't true, although he can be a good player sometimes. He was very good at Villa, and was unlucky with goalscoring chances at liverpool. Don't think we would pay those wages though, so probably won't happen
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Am i the only one apart from Stuart who thinks he could do well at ours?
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Hi Guys,

I understand I will get a lot of grief but I had a chance meeting with someone quite close to the Downing's and the player himself.

Comment

Brendan Rodgers?Lol
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I'll let John McEnroe's immortal words speak for me on this one.

Comment

Never done it for England or Liverpool.Loses the ball far too much.Anyway don't need him,money better spent elsewhere.

Comment

Altho I don't want us spending a load on him, he is nowhere near ad bad as some suggest. If the woeful Liverpool strikers could hit a cows ar5e with a banjo, he would've had loads of assists. He put in plenty of great crosses.

Altho unlikely imo, I can see him nbeing an MH type player as reliable and willing to work and listen with good attitude. Certainly no jack the lad.

He may be alternative consideration if Hoilett goes elsewhere.....

Comment

Working...
                              X