No announcement yet.

Grayson and Bates..re Beckford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too be honest, and this is just my view, I really do not think that the board want to go for it this season. It is a 4 year plan, each year they have added extra quality to the side, all what remains clearly is a striker (or two), I think they will complete the jigsaw next season and go for it then...

I honestly think that they just want to see how we do with what we have, they are slowly building a good side which takes time. We can only judge after the 4 years, so why not wait? I would rather spend another season in the championship and go up next season as 1st or 2nd.

Comment

How long are we going to keep talking about this rubbish! This 4yr crap is so getting boring... If they wanted to get us in the Premiership they would have put their money where their mouth is.
      Last edited by Dazzer1977; 10-08-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

2 years into the 4 year plan, last year was an awful finish.

Play offs this season at least, without doubt.

Keep the faith
        ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
        THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
          Morrison took the first 14 games last season to do that, so don't get carried away. Living for the moment, yet again. if, he had done that for us, we'd be saying to get rid.

sorry, but thats true
          Probably me that mentioned Morrison elsewhere.

Now, Morrison or Di Carmine - someone who took 14 games to get two goals or someone who didn't even get two goals all season and never looked likely to either. Hmmmmm, let me think...

Pete, no-one who has watched Rangers regularly and knows anything about football can reach the conclusion you have. I know you watch the Rs regularly and I don't think you're completely dumb when it comes to the beautiful game, so the only conclusion I can reach is that you are saying what you're saying for a reason. There is no way that you can honestly believe that we do not need a striker.

So, why are you saying it? Seriously, the only conclusion I can come to is that you are spinning us, on behalf of the board, to believe that we do not need a striker. We do.

What we don't need is bs about a £3.5m fee on YET ANOTHER bloody midfielder, but we get that too. If they had £3.5m to spend, why not Beckford? His first finish on Saturday tells me that he will score where ever he plays; MUCH better value irrespective of how good Faurlin becomes.

Comment

Thing is, if Beckford wants to go, Leeds would be mugs not to get a few bob for him now. He'll be thinking about not getting himself hurt in the run up to January, when he can start talking to other clubs. He certainly won't want to get himself hurt post January. So it's highly likely that they have probably seen the best of him.

It's not to say that at that level he won't still score 20, it just that 20 goals makes him only 2/3rds as useful to a mediocre team that's already cashed in on the only other decent talent they have.

Master Bates can sabre rattle all he likes, if Beckford wants to go, he'll be gone by end of August.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

Play offs this season at least, without doubt.

Keep the faith
              totally deluded..............

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                totally deluded..............
                agreed

Comment

well to quote bonnie tyler I am holding out for a hero

i cant beleive our board dont realise we need another striker in order to compete this season and I dont beleive they want to lurk in the middle of the championship for another year so I EXPECT something big to happen by the end of august

of course it still doesnt explain the bizarre signing of picawhotsit, that really does take some swallowing, now watch him get a hatrick tomorrow and the t-shirts will be on sale for the forrest game!
                  its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Briatore will offer beckford the drive in the renault formula 1 car, won't get a more ridiculous offer than that:bad_smile::bad_smile:
                    Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Working...
                    X