Grayson and Bates..re Beckford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grayson and Bates..re Beckford

"I am prepared to let him go free at he end of the season, Beckford will not go unless we get an absoutely ridiculous offer"
    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Bates playing hardball the old chelsea ****-bag

Would really love to get Beckford in for nothing

Comment

Why are we already into the season and still without a proven striker? This should have been sewn up months ago, especially as we knew we were off-loading Blackstock.

Rediculous situation.
      QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

remember cook and the 10M price tag pete, this is all just part of the game
        its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Bates is 100% correct as he knows Beckford is the difference between promotion or not, so why would he let him go cheap when it might cost them Millions in additional revenue from bums on seats this season in a promotion pushing team and additional revenue from playing in the Championship.

Comment

Totally agree Clunge.

To sell Blackstock, our top scorer, and replace him with an unheard of Italian is a disgrace in my opinion. The minute the board decided Dexter was off we should have been lining up a proven goalscorer to replace him!

Comment

I have no argument with anyone about Blackstock, we should not have sold him.

I don't think Pellicori is the answer, just feel Tarrabt should be given time and we cannot make judgement on him after one game, where he played up front.

The bet of 15 goals still stands
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post

I don't think Pellicori is the answer, just feel Tarrabt should be given time and we cannot make judgement on him after one game, where he played up front.

Then why the fark did we buy Pellicori?

I look forward to relieving you of the £20 for the Tarrabt bet. He'll never score 15 in a season as long as he has a hole in his ar$e.
                QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Totally agree with you Pete about Taarabt - I don't have a problem with him,he's a brilliant prospect.I'm saying put someone like Beckford next to him up front and you're talking promotion and not another mediocre season.

Comment

Pete...even IF Taarabt gets 15 goals...we still need a striker like Beckford if we're goinf to go forward.

If clubs start offering good money for him, he'll end up requesting to leave.

No matter what, no one will pay 'ridiculous' money for him as he's not that long left on his contract, but if Brum or any other team offer £3m and we don't match it, I'll be dissapointed. Lack of ambition is the phrase.
                    Your mum would love me...

Comment

All, I am saying is that somoene mentioned Morrison, he took the first 14 games last season to score 2 goals.

Are we saying Vine, Ageymang and Helgusson are not good enough? If, so lets sell them and get someone in, but if a striker scores goals for fun, they never tend to let them go.

I do agree, that we have NOT replaced Blackstock, but he wanted to go. I'm in favour of seeing how it goes till end of August. Some will say, why? as we know already what will happen. Not sure and with the season not won or lost after 6-7 games, don't see the hurry. If Helguson suddenly finds the back of the net, supporters will stil start screaming for a new striker. His record at Watford proves that when he finds the back of the net, he could go on a run.

Comment

Pete - Blackstock was an unused sub on Saturday ?

Comment

Not fully fit, thats why.

Comment

Morrison had a bad patch and that's it. He regularly gets to the 14 goal mark each season and is a very useful player. I personally feel he's quite a naturally gifted striker and if he's presented with the chances he's definately capable of 20 goals. Either way Pete...he was available for free and we missed out.

The thing about strikers scoring for fun not being allowed to leave is not that vailid mate as players like Cox have a right to better themselves, ie., moving on to a higher stage.

I think you need to stop covering things up and be honest by admitting we need a natural goal scorer.
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

All, I am saying is that somoene mentioned Morrison, he took the first 14 games last season to score 2 goals.

Are we saying Vine, Ageymang and Helgusson are not good enough? If, so lets sell them and get someone in, but if a striker scores goals for fun, they never tend to let them go.

I do agree, that we have NOT replaced Blackstock, but he wanted to go. I'm in favour of seeing how it goes till end of August. Some will say, why? as we know already what will happen. Not sure and with the season not won or lost after 6-7 games, don't see the hurry. If Helguson suddenly finds the back of the net, supporters will stil start screaming for a new striker. His record at Watford proves that when he finds the back of the net, he could go on a run.
                              Who is going to buy Helgusson or Dave? We might find a buyer for Vine but not sure if we would get much as he needs to prove he is capable again after a being sidelined for so long.

Why did we give Pelicori a 3 year contract if he is not the answer?

I understand that there are not many strikers capable of scoring 20 goals a season and the ones that are around and would potentially play in the championship are happy to play 9 or 10 games a season for a premiership club.

But the problem remains it does us no good to say we need a striker but its difficult to get one. The wages being picked up by our Sporting Director are enough for him to have to prove his worth by finding that elusive player

Comment

Working...
                              X