No announcement yet.

Grayson and Bates..re Beckford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete, I normally agree with or at very least respect your opinion but on this one I think you are a long way off the mark and starting to sound like a broken record.

1. Taraabt is not a striker, you only need to watch him play to see that his a winger. If he scores 15 goals this season I will eat my hat.

2. Helguson has had a very sporadic goal scoring record to say the least and have you seen this size of him? He must have put on a stone pre-season. How the hell can you possibly be pinning our hopes on him going on a goal scoring run.

3. 10 goals pre-season means jack s**t when the oposition are all conference sides.

4. It was clear to most fans last season the side badly needed a goal scorer. Since then we have sold our top scorer!

It is so clear that we need to sign a goal scoring centre forward and I think you are insulting all of our intelligence by suggesting we don't!

Comment

Didn't Morrison score two goals yesterday ?

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        Didn't Morrison score two goals yesterday ?
        Correct, and both were top drawer.

As I say...he's a natural finisher.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Think, the difference between us is only me suggesting to wait 5-6 games, thats all. In all conversations I had on Saturday, I geared towards needing a new striker, but I think many are getting carried away after a 1-1 draw, if we had won 3-0, which our possession indicated, we would still be having the same argument.

Tarrabt or Helguson goes on a run, then we don't need one. Apart from Beckford, I don't see goal scorers on the market (and he is not either, if you believe Grayson), Prem clubs will sort out there players by end of August. Thats, why I would wait.

Just a personal opinion.
          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Morrison took the first 14 games last season to do that, so don't get carried away. Living for the moment, yet again. if, he had done that for us, we'd be saying to get rid.

sorry, but thats true
            THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete - if Taarabt plays in the hole, Buzz is on the bench is that the best use of the players we have ?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                Correct, and both were top drawer.

As I say...he's a natural finisher.
                Who scored twice in his previous 18 games. What a natural!
                We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

buzz, has not played all pre-season

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                    Morrison took the first 14 games last season to do that, so don't get carried away. Living for the moment, yet again. if, he had done that for us, we'd be saying to get rid.

sorry, but thats true
                    That's rubbish Pete. If he at least contributes, ie puts it about then we'd be ok. He was runner up in their POTY too so obviously did well.

You're making crap arguments today as you still can't admit we're weak up top.

Comment

Originally posted by NewarkR View Post
                      Who scored twice in his previous 18 games. What a natural!
                      Cos Coventry created him loads, didn't they?

I know I'd rather have him than Heider or Aggy.

Comment

Pete you say we are "living for the moment" but Helguson was crap for 4-5 months of last season, Vine and Agyemang have never been prolific in their careers and Taarabt is a midfielder being used as a striker who has 1 professional goal to his name.

Comment

buzz, has not played all pre-season
                          What a pathetic response and if he was not fit, he should not have been on the bench, same as what you said about Blackstock not playing for Forest.

Right Midfield - Routledge/Ainsworth/Hogan/Alberti
                          Centre Midfield - Rowlands/Mahon/Legs/Faurlin/Buzz
                          Left Midfield - Taarabt/Balanta/Cook
                          In The Hole - Buzz/Vine
                          Up Top- HH/Pat/Pelicori
                          Last edited by paulmason; 10-08-2009, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Clinton Morrison at all but I have to agree with Benny......I would happilly trade in Agyemang or Helguson for Morrison. In fact I happilly give Helguson away for free to anyone stupid enough to take the fat, useless, money grabbing b*****d!

Comment

so what constitutes a ridiculous offer in today's market £4mill? £5mill?.if we pay that and he gets the goals to help us up that money will be recouped in spades with the sky payments.sometimes you have to take a gamble in all walks of life otherwise you will always be the nearly man.I'm as frustrated as everyone else but as i said before we have a couple of unknowns who COULD be the answer to our grievances.we showed ambition in getting taarabt but it has to go further than that,one player doesn't make a team and it's unfair to pin all the hopes on him.what happens if he picks up injuries as has happened before?.the board should have come out bombing the minute the market opened but yet again the heels have been dragged.there is still time so get into gear and give us a proven striker.
                              what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

I have no argument with anyone about Blackstock, we should not have sold him.

I don't think Pellicori is the answer, just feel Tarrabt should be given time and we cannot make judgement on him after one game, where he played up front.

The bet of 15 goals still stands
                                You keep talking about giving Taraabat time... Why are you asking us to GIVE AN ATTACKING WINGER time to be converted into a striker when we could have the best of both world by going and signing a ruddy striker? We should be signing players who are better than what we have to make us stronger and not stupid signings like the journeyman; Pickilliy is not better than what we have! I rate Adel highly and was delighted when we signed him BUT HE IS NOT A STRIKER WHICH IS CLEARLY WHAT WE NEED AND CRAVE!!! Great we signed him but go get a striker of his status to REPLACE HH AND AGYEMANG!

It's not rocket science ffs!

Comment

Working...
                                X