Polls have been moved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polls have been moved

You can find all polls in this new section and guests can no longer vote.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f....php?89-POLL-S

It was getting rather ridiculous.

Comment

I'd rather you just take the poll out of my thread, and return it to the main section if possible. The discussion to me is more important, I only started a poll cos I've never done one before, results not really important to me. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
        I'd rather you just take the poll out of my thread, and return it to the main section if possible. The discussion to me is more important, I only started a poll cos I've never done one before, results not really important to me. Thank you.
        Done, Will.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
          Done, Will.
          Thank you kindly :=):

Comment

Once poll's have been created, you can't remove it.

You can delete the post and start again.

Comment

Without wishing to get all grammar nazi, why is there an apostrophe?

Unless the section belongs to Graham of course, in which case, as you were.

Not sure it was necessary to be honest, there's a lot of decent discussions just disappeared where they won't get any views. The polls often drive interesting debate, seems a shame to limit their visibility, especially as there is no link on the main forum page.

Is there a way to put a link to the General Chat and Poll section alongside the MOTM etc?

Comment

I think we should have a poll on this!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post

Not sure it was necessary to be honest, there's a lot of decent discussions just disappeared where they won't get any views. The polls often drive interesting debate, seems a shame to limit their visibility, especially as there is no link on the main forum page.

Is there a way to put a link to the General Chat and Poll section alongside the MOTM etc?
                  You just couldn't resist

Comment

The trouble is earlier on we had 6 polls bumped to the top of the main page just for people voting in them and not posting, with another 2 polls further down.

It was getting silly.

One solution would be to keep them in the main section but not to bump them up if someone only votes, or as you suggest, keep them in their own section but have a more prominent link to them.

And I'll change the apostrophe too, thanks for pointing it out

Comment

Keep um out. was making the board look very untidy.

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
                        You just couldn't resist
                        Normal errors in posts are no skin off my nose, but an error in a sub-forum heading would have driven me nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          The trouble is earlier on we had 6 polls bumped to the top of the main page just for people voting in them and not posting, with another 2 polls further down.

It was getting silly.

One solution would be to keep them in the main section but not to bump them up if someone only votes, or as you suggest, keep them in their own section but have a more prominent link to them.

And I'll change the apostrophe too, thanks for pointing it out
                          If there's a way of doing it so it doesn't bump when a vote is made would be ideal but not really a big deal.

Comment

If there's a way of doing it so it doesn't bump when a vote is made would be ideal but not really a big deal.
                            That's they way it used to be, gets lost and ends up on page 2 within 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                            X