Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is QPR an attractive proposition if we don't support our own players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is QPR an attractive proposition if we don't support our own players?

Kind of the devil's advocate to the other poll.

If we do sack Barton, even after we signed him full well knowing his past. What does that make us look like?

Let's look at the support Luis Suarez and John Terry get from their clubs. Obviously the incidents at those clubs haven't stopped people wanting to go there. But if they had hung them out to dry, what do you think players and staff would have thought about that?

If QPR are a family club, doesn't that mean in part we should behave how an actual family does, and actually support and aid one of our own. Especially when they are so clearly in need of help. Is ever anyone so far they are beyond redemption?
    Players like to be supported
    35.48%
    There's some things you shouldn't support
    64.52%
    Last edited by Will M; 07-06-2012, 10:36 PM.

Originally posted by Will M View Post
    Kind of the devil's advocate to the other poll.

If we do sack Barton, even after we signed him full well knowing his past. What does that make us look like?

Let's look at the support Luis Suarez and John Terry get from their clubs. Obviously the incidents at those clubs haven't stopped people wanting to go there. But if they had hung them out to dry, what do you think players and staff would have thought about that?

If QPR are a family club, doesn't that mean in part we should behave how an actual family does, and actually support and aid one of our own. Especially when they are so clearly in need of help. Is ever anyone so far they are beyond redemption?
    good post Will and i agree mate. Hanging Joey out to dry isnt the way to react and i would be dissapointed with the club if they do that. but all in all i reckon its down to Hughes and i back him whatever he decides

Comment

We supported Barton after his Norwich red card and never punished him for some of his offensive tweeting, which I as a parent think gave him too rope which resulted in his city melt down,,,, no family or family club should tolerate that kind of behaviour.. He never apologised from the heart after that as he claimed to be in full control of his temper and never lost his head.... God loves a trier.....what a ccck... Then the night club affair just sums him up.....sack the yob I say..... He's had a chance to change and just refuses to....

Comment

Football is a snap shot of society in genral drunks -rapists- drugs -killers-brawlers when you enter a football ground its not a heavenly val halla

Barton was bang out of order and his actions overshadowed the clubs great acheivement at the end of the season ,

the boy should apologize publicy and seek some help( if he doesnt he needs to go)

the new in words are" the fooball family" well if it was a member of your own family you would help out wouldnt you ?

so IMO the club shouls stick by him and help him with the help he obvoiusly needs

at the end of the day he is not a bad footballer at times...........

Comment

To support him we are condoning his behavour. This is what we need to address. Get rid.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDUBLIN View Post
            To support him we are condoning his behavour. This is what we need to address. Get rid.
            not at all

Comment

Was he not attacked at the night club?

Comment

Was just thinking what the world needed was another Barton thread!

Comment

As I see it, Barton is a liability, .Honestly, we canŽt go on and play 10 men for large parts of a season .BUT,on the other hand, If he agrees to join an extened(ad contunium) anger-mangement course IŽll might reconsider my opinion. I hope Hughes will suggest this aswell.
                  While on the subject, I do also want Hughes to have a word or two with Diakite and Cisse regarding their disipline ON the field.
                  Last edited by Shania; 08-06-2012, 11:21 AM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                    good post Will and i agree mate. Hanging Joey out to dry isnt the way to react and i would be dissapointed with the club if they do that. but all in all i reckon its down to Hughes and i back him whatever he decides
                    Thanks. Yes, I'll back Hughes decision too. Realistically, Barton has only had a handful of good games for us. But we gave Barton a contract and made him club captain. We surely bear some responsibility for the lad. I think Hughes is blameless if he does decide to sack him, as he never bought him to the club.

Originally posted by 1cliveallen
                    We supported Barton after his Norwich red card and never punished him for some of his offensive tweeting, which I as a parent think gave him too rope which resulted in his city melt down,,,, no family or family club should tolerate that kind of behaviour.. He never apologised from the heart after that as he claimed to be in full control of his temper and never lost his head.... God loves a trier.....what a ccck... Then the night club affair just sums him up.....sack the yob I say..... He's had a chance to change and just refuses to....
                    But don't you think it's a little hypocritical to not call Cisse a yob, after all after he was provoked he grabbed a guy by the throat? Or is it a case of you can turn a blind eye to it, as he scored the goals to effectively keep us up? Let's not forget, in both of Barton's red cards he was also provoked. And Cisse also was sent off twice.

Originally posted by QPRDUBLIN
                    But isn't bringing him to the club also supporting his behaviour? It's not like we didn't know what we were getting into. No one that wants Barton out, seems to want to address the club's responsibility on bringing him here. After Newcastle also got rid. If we sack him, don't we look really small time?

Originally posted by Shania
                    But, to a large extent were we not condoning his behaviour when we took him on in the first place? This is the point no one who wants Barton gone is addressing, the club's responsibility. Which is why I made this thread.
                    As I see it, Barton is a liability, .Honestly, we canŽt go on and play 10 men for large parts of a season .BUT,on the other hand, If he agrees to join an extened(ad contunium) anger-mangement course IŽll might reconsider my opinion. I hope Hughes will suggest this aswell.
                    While on the subject, I do also want Hughes to have a word or two with Diakite and Cisse regarding their disipline ON the field
                    Yep, Hughes needs to address all the rash sendings off. And yes, the club needs to publicly show they are attempting to help Barton. And Barton of course, must do his part. Maybe while he can't play, some work in the community. Meeting some sick R's in hospital and the like. Not only help the lad, help him change his public perception. And also, stop using Twitter!
                    Last edited by Will M; 08-06-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

A very good post from you. Just to add a point, Will M. We cant change the refs, so our players have to learn from Messi.When tackled harshly, He just gets on with it as if nothing has happened. That`s easier said than done, but he is a good role model for players who gets easily provoked and unfairly fouled for that matter.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        A very good post from you. Just to add a point, Will M. We cant change the refs, so our players have to learn from Messi.When tackled harshly, He just gets on with it as if nothing has happened. That`s easier said than done, but he is a good role model for players who gets easily provoked and unfairly fouled for that matter.
                        Thank you. And yes, that's a good point. We need to learn not to get provoked. Although, we were the most fouled team in the league, and perhaps a little naive, our oppositon used that against us. I think we need to make more of a meal when going down, but obviously not act aggressively and get sent off. Get their players sent off instead :=):

Comment

Working...
                        X