Exclusive – Taylor: Barton’s behaviour cannot be defended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclusive – Taylor: Barton’s behaviour cannot be defended

The behaviour of Joey Barton in QPR’s match with Man City cannot be defended, according to PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor.
    The Queens Park Rangers midfielder has been handed a 12-game ban and a £75,000 fine after being found guilty of two counts of violent conduct during his side’s match with Man City on the last day of the Premier League season.

More...

It can by some on here..

Comment

When did this Taylor play fotball himself? I do only ask politely.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        When did this Taylor play fotball himself? I only ask.
        70s

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
          70s

OK.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

If we try and sack him the aforementioned Taylor will be first to appear on telly saying we cant do it.

Comment

But bizarrely Wayne Rooney's behaviour can be defended. The FA can even go and get his ban reduced. Good role model for kids is he?

Comment

Sticking up for your PFA members then Gordy eh?

I'm sure any other player and neutral response or mitigating circumstances would be rolled out
                I'll be on the look out for his comments after Terrygate
                I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

It comes to something when even Taylor isnt sticking up for Barton.

Comment

Originally posted by Will M View Post
                    But bizarrely Wayne Rooney's behaviour can be defended. The FA can even go and get his ban reduced. Good role model for kids is he?
                    THIS. FA are slimey ba$tards with double standards. When old Shrek boots an oppo for no reason they appeal and defend him, yet when its not a member of the national sides cozy club they throw the book at him and get all liberal.

Karntz.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Some people might not like this, but sod it.

It is as clear as day that the FA are absolutely loving this. They have blatantly shown no regard to anything that may have been said in his defence, hence the ridiculously long and out of proportion penalty imposed. They have been waiting for the opportunity to "get" Barton for a long time and coupled with their distaste for us, it must be like all their Christmas's have come at once.

One could argue that decisions such as SWP's goal, disallowed against West Brom is simply down to the incompetence of the officials. One could also argue the same, albeit on a much larger scale, in relation to Clint Hill's disallowed goal at Bolton.

But, if we give them the benefit of the doubt on those matters, what about Barton's sending off against Norwich? The guy was sent off and banned for NOT headbutting an opposition player. Even when the FA had all the time in the world along with video evidence, to correct that injustice, they chose not to. And as far as I am aware, the bloke that kept fouling Barton, received no punishment at all.

Then there is Cisse against Wolves. OK, he did grab hold of the bloke, but quite understandable upon being on the receiving end of a potentially career threatening tackle. No surprise that the player who made the tackle received no punishment at all, just the Rangers bloke.

Moving on to Manchester, poor old Shaun Derry not only has a penalty awarded against him for not committing a foul, but is also sent off and banned for another game. Once again, the FA had the opportunity to put right a very big wrong as the whole of the football community and TV pundits were well aware that a mistake had been made. I say mistake, but as you cannot help noticing that the Bolton fan almost fell over in his excitement and trying to pull out a red card whilst pointing to the spot, then maybe it wasn't a mistake. They upheld that decision too. Oh and the cheating diving git responsible for it all gets no punishment at all. Bit of a recurring theme here, is there not?

Not wishing to defend JB as such, as his behaviour was not something to be proud of and is causing us all manner of bad publicity, but I don't think anybody can argue that not only the latest incident, but the other injustices, could all have bee avoided if more competent people were provided by the FA, to officiate games.

I do wonder about those that are determined to slate him for what happened. Can they not see the other side of the argument? Do they really live in such an ideal world?

If for example, you were in a nice restaurant eating dinner and I nipped into the kitchen, stole a large salmon and came and slapped you round the head with it, would you just let it lie? I doubt it. You would probably be pretty miffed and punch me in the gob or throw your red wine over me. To be fair, I'd deserve it. And although you would no doubt accept the fact that the manager asking you to leave is behaving correctly and within his rights, I expect you would feel a little aggrieved if he then put his arm around me, ushered me back to my seat to finish my meal as if all the commotion was no fault of mine. That's exactly how I see these fiascos. I really hope that the club at the very least, point out the many faults of the FA, including their ever growing catalogue of double standards.

Sorry for going on, but fed up seeing us get the short straw every time.

Comment

Working...
                      X