Thoughts/Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts/Ratings

Generally we played some decent stuff, thought it was typical that they score one of their only chances whilst we spurn countless. Still pretty positive after the match, think we looked alot more mobile with Agyemang, Vine and Taarabt linking up and switching positions, compared with an Isolated Helguson, who didn't really make alot of effort to find space. Think Taarabt needs to be sharper with his shooting. Defensively, I thought we were solid, Gorkks got turned once easily prior to the their goal but overall was impressed from the back four, althought Hall played well, would much rather Connolly start.

Cerny 6 - Had little to do today

Ramage 8 - Great performance, best I've personally seen of him, epitomises the word passionate.
    Borrowdale 7 - Very solid and encouraging display.
    Hall 7 - Good all round showing, slightly vulnerable in the air but tidy on the deck.
    Gorkks 7 - The man is consistency

Routledge 6 - Expect better, had some bright spells followed by frustratingly poor spells.
    Balanta 6.5 - Played some nice through balls, and linked well. At times tried too much.
    Mahon 7 - Looked quite sharp today, feel more comfortable with him than Leigertwood.
    Rowlands 6.5 - Opening 30 minutes was everywhere and anywhere, really put himself about, the diagonal pass didn't really work today. Shame about the injury, hoping its not serious, looked seriously p*ss*d off when he came off.

Helguson 4 - Our worst performer, no movement/mobility offered from him. Spurned some good chances. Hold up play was poor in comparison to Pat.
    Taarabt 6.5 - At times is genius, then can be wasteful and greedy. If he can tighten up his shooting could be really dangerous. Thought he was better cutting in from the wing yesterday.

subs
    Buzsaky 7 - Good to see him back, demanded possession and almost scored from a free kick. Put himself about too.
    Vine 6.5 - Missed a great chance after a good cross from Pat. Linked up well but we know he can do alot better.
    Agyemang 7.5 - Added another dimension to the team, good movement and hold up play. Snapped at his only chance, other than that was an improved performance from him.

Originally posted by jackyboy View Post
    Generally we played some decent stuff, thought it was typical that they score one of their only chances whilst we spurn countless. Still pretty positive after the match, think we looked alot more mobile with Agyemang, Vine and Taarabt linking up and switching positions, compared with an Isolated Helguson, who didn't really make alot of effort to find space. Think Taarabt needs to be sharper with his shooting. Defensively, I thought we were solid, Gorkks got turned once easily prior to the their goal but overall was impressed from the back four, althought Hall played well, would much rather Connolly start.

Cerny 6 - Had little to do today

Ramage 8 - Great performance, best I've personally seen of him, epitomises the word passionate.
    Borrowdale 7 - Very solid and encouraging display.
    Hall 7 - Good all round showing, slightly vulnerable in the air but tidy on the deck.
    Gorkks 7 - The man is consistency

Routledge 6 - Expect better, had some bright spells followed by frustratingly poor spells.
    Balanta 6.5 - Played some nice through balls, and linked well. At times tried too much.
    Mahon 7 - Looked quite sharp today, feel more comfortable with him than Leigertwood.
    Rowlands 6.5 - Opening 30 minutes was everywhere and anywhere, really put himself about, the diagonal pass didn't really work today. Shame about the injury, hoping its not serious, looked seriously p*ss*d off when he came off.

Helguson 4 - Our worst performer, no movement/mobility offered from him. Spurned some good chances. Hold up play was poor in comparison to Pat.
    Taarabt 6.5 - At times is genius, then can be wasteful and greedy. If he can tighten up his shooting could be really dangerous. Thought he was better cutting in from the wing yesterday.

subs
    Buzsaky 7 - Good to see him back, demanded possession and almost scored from a free kick. Put himself about too.
    Vine 6.5 - Missed a great chance after a good cross from Pat. Linked up well but we know he can do alot better.
    Agyemang 7.5 - Added another dimension to the team, good movement and hold up play. Snapped at his only chance, other than that was an improved performance from him.
    Not a bad assessment actually although I think your being overly generous to Hall who insisted on giving the ball away needlessly by hoofing the ball to no one especially in the first half. He was also at fault for Blackpools goal losing the ball on the halfway line when he didn't have the savvy to know what to do with it. I hope Magilton sees sense and replaces him with Connolly or Stewart ASAP.

Comment

Excellent Game

Ramage
      Borrowdale

Good Game
      Hall
      Gorkss
      Rowlands
      Balanta
      Helguson
      Cerny (didn't have a save too make)
      Buzsacky
      Ageymang
      Vine
      Mahon

Poor game

Tarrabt
      Routledge

(by their high standards)
      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Excellent Game

Ramage
        Borrowdale

Good Game
        Hall
        Gorkss
        Rowlands
        Balanta
        Helguson
        Cerny (didn't have a save too make)
        Buzsacky
        Ageymang
        Vine
        Mahon

Poor game

Tarrabt
        Routledge

(by their high standards)
        Fair assessment, although I thought Routledge was our second best player behind Ramage. He was our main threat going forward and if Helguson had finished his chances he would have had a couple of assists. He's a class act, will be one of our main performers this season.

Comment

think pete is spot on!
          In 'Arry and Fernandes we trust

:yush:

Comment

Pete - how can you say Helguson had a good game?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent - Ramage
            Good - Gorkss,Routledge,Mahon,Buzsaky
            Average - Cerny, Hall, Borrowdale,Rowlands,Tarrabt,Vine,Agyemang,Balanta
            Poor - Helguson

Comment

id agree with rangers74 apart from rowly, who i thought dictated nearly everything in that first half. glad to hear its not too serious

Comment

No-one gonna include Magic selection and tactics?
                Arguing with a scientist is like wrestling a pig in mud... sooner or later you;ll realise you're muddy and he's enjoying it.....

Comment

Routledge had a better game than he was given credit for. Gave the ball away a few times but he put some dangerous balls in and linked very well with Ramage.

I thought Hall was very average and I certainly wouldn't go as far as to say Borrowdale had an excellent game. Very solid performance from him, but didn't do half the work Ramage did.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Glad to know that Borrowdale is proving himself
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

And I also think Rowlands was emmence as usual. Put it about all the time he was on the pitch. If he'd stayed on the field and kept up that effort I would have struggled to chose between him and Ramage for my MOM.

Comment

Granted that Rowlands were very busy,dictated the paly and got stuck in, but i thought his constant diagonal balls to Routledge were a tad too predictable and alot didnt come off, that was the only reason for his average instead of good placing

Jackyboy - i know its all about opinions but how can you say Balantah ad a better game than Routledge???????!!!!! I thought Balanta was a bit over-awed by it all and was on the games perphiery (not sure how you spell it!!!) granted a few of Routledges passes went astray but he roasted their full back (Crainey??) all game.

One thing i would moan about though, was the corner taking - most of them were abysmal until the White Pele came on...

Comment

Maybe I was a bit harsh on Routledge, but I think its because I expect better from him, especially after seeing him perform like he did against Derby last season. I thought 2nd half he went missing completely, albeit a few bright spells. Agree he had the beating of their full back, if only Helguson could finish....

Magiltons's subs were spot on, really added an attacking intent to what was a drab start to the second half.

Comment

I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to put him down but I keep hearing JM's subs were spot on?

I don't see it that was as I feel he didn't pick the right team from the start.

Comment

yeh i agree 74 with the cross field balls to routledge was annoying. but lets be honest he werent the only one playin that pass, as for fitz hittin long balls all the time, that was doin my head in, if we aint got the confidence to pass it about from the back against blackpool, it aint gonna happen against a good side

Comment

Working...
                              X