No announcement yet.

Thoughts/Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agrred NW9 - constant fifty yard diagonal balls to Baltanta (4ft 3) and Routledge (3ft 4) did not work - every now and then to mix it up, no problem, but it was getting too predictable.

Comment

What I liked about Jim's substitutions (the Rowly one aside as that was enforced) was that they were pro-active rather than reactive. He saw things weren't working and tried to get a result early. Giving the subs time to have an influence on the outcome.

Other managers we've had have tended to sit back and wait till the last 15 minutes when the subs have had little time to get into the game and have no impact.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
        What I liked about Jim's substitutions (the Rowly one aside as that was enforced) was that they were pro-active rather than reactive. He saw things weren't working and tried to get a result early. Giving the subs time to have an influence on the outcome.

Other managers we've had have tended to sit back and wait till the last 15 minutes when the subs have had little time to get into the game and have no impact.
        agreed

Comment

As I said before...I won't praise JM's substitutions as for me he picked the wrong team to start.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

i disagree. the reason buzz didnt start was cos of the lack of matches hes played. helguson/agyemang, up until yesterday in my eyes there were as bad as each other and balanta deserved to start cos of the way hes played pre season

Comment

Thought Routledge was shocking especilly his corners get ephraim on the right wing.
              Helguson will he ever score? Gets in the positions and fluffs the chances.

Thought we started ok should of been 3-0 up and out of sight,instaed of carrying on playing as we started we began to pump long hopefull balls forward and looked to have run out of ideas.This is a habit JM needs to get rid of,the players need to keep some belief and believe in what they are doing.

Thought Mahon did well kept it tidy and simple same with Borrowdale.Cerny not a save to make.Fair play to Blackpool did exactly what you would of expected.

Dissapointed overall but its the same ugly problems keep rearing their same ugly head.
              Sign us a goalscorer.

Comment

Im annoyed because we can do so much better! We really can.

Ramage did fantastic! Had a great game and im not just saying that because he got the goal, before that he played some really nice stuff, and did well to create some chances for us.
                Taarabt was poor imo, didnt really come to life until vine and buzsaky came on.

Buzsaky changed us, obviously he didnt start cos of fitness but i expect him to start at plymouth. Hes quality and as soon as he entered the fray he made us dangerous.

Cerny was quiet.

Hall frustrated the hell out of me with long balls to balanta that rarely worked.

Kasper did well as he allways does imo.

Routledge was dissapointing imo, didnt really turn it on and needed to do more.

Borrowdale did well, never worried when he was on the ball, looked fairly comfortable.

Balanta imo didnt play very well, look bright on the ball but failed to have any cutting edge, i have hope with him though.

Mahon, normal performance, commanded well and played it easy, not the worst by far.

Rowlands looked good, shame he took a knock cos i think he was having a decent game, IMO he should start alongside Buzsaky in our starting CM pair.

HH, total joke, had a poor game and did nothing to comment on, if he starts against plymouth its a total joke, it was obvious to me vine or agymenag should have played instead of him.

Finally, as soon as buz, vine, and agyemang came on we were a better team, agyemang had a very poor pre season, but when it matters hes a threat, hes fast, hes strong, and he causes problems for defenders, also he works well alongside viney.
                Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                  I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to put him down but I keep hearing JM's subs were spot on?

I don't see it that was as I feel he didn't pick the right team from the start.
                  Spot on!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X