John Terry in England squad!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    Rio is not going because he has a back injury that means he can' play 3,4, 5, 6 games in short time.

JT is one of our best defenders and as the legal system have taken this completely out of the FAs hands I think he should go.

QPR fans hate JT, I get that. But he has been convicted of nothing yet and we live in a society based on innocent until proven guilty. By the way - the FA can do nothing until the court case, so everyone who blames this on them is wrong.

I want us to win. If you take idiots out of football there wouldn't be enough players to go around.

We have at least one person far more vile in the QPR team by the way.
    Silver sit down it seems your #### is doing your talking for you, anyone else would have been sacked for what JT said not allowed to continue.
    He has a job that let's face is a privilege not a job and the England thing, is a a privilege as well.
    Other people aren't allowed to say when they will decide to turn up for a court case, if we don't turn up they issue an arrest warrant for you.
    We have a country these days that doesn't allow racist language, so if we the normal population can't use it why should he?
    The fa are using the fact that he hasn't appeared in court to wash their hands of this, and wouldn't be surprised if they advised JT's advisors to go down this route, do you reckon if Woy had wanted to pick Joey they would have allowed it?.....not a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
      silvercue, totally agree with you on all this - saved me typing in a similar vein!
      detest the sheep mentality!
      So you think we have someone more vile too?

Comment

Sign the petition.....

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/i...john-terry-is/

Comment

Oh sorry - am I not following the "how to be a pwoper fan" rule book? You are clearly a better fan and far harder than me as I am not being a silly little sheep and have my own opinion.

I don't like JT, but Rio can't go as he isn't fit enough and I want England to win.

The hypocracy on this site from some QPR fans about the racism thing is laughable as we discussed in many threads at the time. But you wouldn't know that as you were not a member here then. Are you a QPR fan....or just joined when we got in the Prem??
          On the contrary, all but about three fans on this entire site made absolutely clear that they wouldn't support a racist player. The hypocricy is in those who want to see a team with several good black players but also one player who presumably despises some of his team-mates due to the colour of their skin.

Comment

Stainrod - we have 10,000 fans abusing the Welsh when we play Cardiff. Lots of people find that offensive and by letter of the of the law (1976 Act - go read) it is JUST AS RACIST as calling Anton black. In fact it is the ONLY definition of racism we have to go by, so don't give me it's different when it is colour. Same when we play Spurs. Ask the Jewish community what they think about being abused by lots of our fans at the stadium and on this board (I have seen it many times).

However, some people here decide that it is different - why? Slavery was a long time ago, so irrelevant in modern argument in the UK. Far more upset about it here than on other boards - because he is Chelsea and Anton is QPR - more so than what was actually said.

And Dave....As for losing your job, we can hardly be comparing footballers to office work can we. Joey would lose his job for assaulting people at work, but doesn't...... also the fact you mock Roy for a speech impediment in the same post you defend the rights of minorities is pretty ironic really.
            Last edited by silvercue; 16-05-2012, 03:28 PM.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Is it against the law now to mock speech impediments? I ask seriously??
              Joey from what we're lead to believe will be suspended from his work silver, so why should JT be allowed to not only work on but have privileges as well?

Comment

There is a difference between having banter with fans at a football match. What jt done was in a aggressive manner which was not banter at all but was there to offend.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  Is it against the law now to mock speech impediments? I ask seriously??
                  Joey from what we're lead to believe will be suspended from his work silver, so why should JT be allowed to not only work on but have privileges as well?
                  You clearly said "sacked" in your post not suspended. Do you understand they mean different things? I can direct you to a website that will help you if you like? But I guess you do know, you are just trying to move away from your clearly flawed point.

I didn't say it was against the law, but it will be one day. I stated it was ironic, as you would lose your job in most offices for doing that as it is bullying and discriminatory and therefore there is a link.
                  twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Stainrod - we have 10,000 fans abusing the Welsh when we play Cardiff. Lots of people find that offensive and by letter of the of the law (1976 Act - go read) it is JUST AS RACIST as calling Anton black. In fact it is the ONLY definition of racism we have to go by, so don't give me it's different when it is colour. Same when we play Spurs. Ask the Jewish community what they think about being abused by lots of our fans at the stadium and on this board (I have seen it many times).

However, some people here decide that it is different - why? Slavery was a long time ago, so irrelevant in modern argument in the UK. Far more upset about it here than on other boards - because he is Chelsea and Anton is QPR - more so than what was actually said.

And Dave....As for losing your job, we can hardly be comparing footballers to office work can we. Joey would lose his job for assaulting people at work, but doesn't...... also the fact you mock Roy for a speech impediment in the same post you defend the rights of minorities is pretty ironic really.
                    I understand what you're saying and totally agree with you but The Welsh call themselves 'Sheepsh4ggers' the same with the spuds calling themselves 'Y1ds' which is only what we call them anyway so obviously it doesn't hurt them that much and they agree with it. So not really the same thing.
                    I don't see why JT doesn't just agree that he is a racist so people can call him one without comeback, after all he knows what he is.
                    Queens Park Rangers
                    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

OK smart #### Joey will be prevented from working and so should John Terry that alright now?
                      Oh and if the media get their way he will be sacked, but this doesn't seem to be JT's fate.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                        I understand what you're saying and totally agree with you but The Welsh call themselves 'Sheepsh4ggers' the same with the spuds calling themselves 'Y1ds' which is only what we call them anyway so obviously it doesn't hurt them that much and they agree with it. So not really the same thing.
                        .....and guess what many black people call themselves?? Even in their popular culture? You try calling one of them by the same thing and see what happens.

Look, I am not really up for an argument with you two. I took offence at some dimwit questioning whether I was a QPR fan just because I don't see this as black and white (excuse the pun).
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Fair enough, what i don't like is what i see as the unfairness of some getting treatment that someone like me wouldn't get. But don't want to argue either

Comment

.....and guess what many black people call themselves?? Even in their popular culture? You try calling one of them by the same thing and see what happens.

Look, I am not really up for an argument with you two. I took offence at some dimwit questioning whether I was a QPR fan just because I don't see this as black and white (excuse the pun).
                            Im not a dimwit so don't start throwing insults at me. I was just surprised how a qpr fan was ok with jt going to the euros after he has called one of OUR players a black #####.

Comment

sticks and stones

I think if this wasnt a QPR v chealsea "thing" it would be a non event

can posters here hand on heart say that they have never uttered a racist slur.......................

i have every day when im driving,

I dont like terry just because i can and for no other reason than i can , and that goes for fat lampard

no doubt if i ever met them i would change my opinion,

IMO whats said on the field of play should stay there and the agrieved should deal with it , because lots of things are said in the heat of the moment

Just my tupence worth

Comment

Working...
                              X