Jamie Mackie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamie Mackie

Anybody else of a certain age think like me that Jamie is the new Micky Leach? Will always be slagged off by those who know no better. They will only realise what he brings to the club when he is gone. I think he has become a better player this year to the degree that fans of other clubs are telling me that they rate him. Most improved player this season for me.

Leachy, he scored so many important goals for us.

A header against Villa that helped secure promition to the 1st division stands out, and of course the goal against Leeds.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Popsysdad View Post
      Anybody else of a certain age think like me that Jamie is the new Micky Leach? Will always be slagged off by those who know no better. They will only realise what he brings to the club when he is gone. I think he has become a better player this year to the degree that fans of other clubs are telling me that they rate him. Most improved player this season for me.
      Great lad ...........

Comment

Mackie will be in the starting 11 next season

Comment

Many many mate. The second on that sunny August day in 75 against Liverpool comes to mind.

Comment

He deserves it too W12

Comment

I'm still lost with mackie lol really really want him just to work on his ball control I get nervous seeing him with it .everything else is brilliant defending heading shooting passing ain't bad. If he had a good touch he would be the best in our squad IMO

Comment

Thats my point. I think he is working hard on those parts of his game. He seems like he is willing to put in the hard yards. Good luck to him I say.

Comment

QUOTE=Popsysdad;863040]Thats my point. I think he is working hard on those parts of his game. He seems like he is willing to put in the hard yards. Good luck to him I say.[/QUOTE]

yes a real hard graffter and only knows one route the direct way to goal.....

Comment

Good analogy - Micky Leach got a lot of stick from some people but we were a better team when he was playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Popsysdad View Post
                      Many many mate. The second on that sunny August day in 75 against Liverpool comes to mind.
                      I went to that one as a youngster. We won 2-0 and it was on MOTD.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

good comparison with mickey leach - he was always the boo boys favorite but a very underestimated player...happy days!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                          Mackie will be in the starting 11 next season
                          No chance. Same with Kenny, Derry, Buzz and only cause of his age Hill. Remember that these players played a lot of games and we just about survived relegation!

Hats off to Mackie. He earnt his place under Hughes over the likes of SWP. But Hughes will be signing a fair few players with far more quality. Moses of Wigan and maybe Johnson of Man City are being targeted.

Deserves a squad place for sure though and still think off the bench he could be a real asset.

Comment

there

there is no comparisons at all really leach was absolutely hated for some of his career,

mackie is a much greater player

leach used to drift out of games because of his nervous reactions he wasnt the complete player at all really

but leach could always score some really vital goals

mackie on the other hand is going to sell for about 20 million pound in three years time he will be one of the greatest players in the prem
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Leach was the boo boy whipping post, but was the hod carrier for Rodney by being the centre forward (old speak up for front target man). Until you mentioned it I did not draw the comparsion. Leach and Mackie had different roles with Mackie playing wide which he is not suitable for. He is your fox in the box player but like Leach greater work rate than your overpaid star player, you knew what to expect and undervalued as was Keith Sanderson.

As for "mackie on the other hand is going to sell for about 20 million pound in three years time he will be one of the greatest players in the prem" no chance,.
                              Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Working...
                              X