No announcement yet.

QPR advertised in tonights standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season hasnt started yet and I am full agreement with QBP and Scott Jones this does not bode well
    its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      mr swakely

The school end tomorrow will be half empty, maybe if we did not pay for an advert in the Standard we could offer 500 fans the opportunity to pay a tenner?

Instead of focusing on tourists or non football people, how about we call season ticket holders who could not afford to re-new this season and last season and say aye "its a tenner to get in"?

I know where you are coming from, but not sure if you are QPR fan you would need reminding in the Standard to turn up. As I say, just my opinion.
      I pretty much agree with that Pete – first and foremost we need to attract Rs fans who for whatever reason can't afford to go. I know a few, particularly ones who no longer qualify as juniors, who are picking and choosing games because of cost. I don't want them replaced by those with more dosh – there should be room for both – but the club need to be far more imaginative in attracting fans both old and new. As that other lot have proved, it can be done.

Mind you three points tomorrow would do no harm.

Comment

I fully support the clubs advertising in local newspapers. It works for pop concerts so why not football ?

If this club is going to go forward longer term they will need a bigger fanbase.

If someone sees the advert in the paper and fancies coming along to support our team then I will make them every bit as welcome as somone living in Shepherd's Bush/Ruilsip etc. I just hope they come back a second and third time.

We all get the bug to support this club, most of us through a fellow family member but this advert will reach out to others.

Yes it is sad that some genuine fans are being priced out at the moment but those fans will be back one day, hopefully sitting alongside our new supporters.

Just my view.

Together we achieve more.

Comment

Originally posted by conners View Post
          I fully support the clubs advertising in local newspapers. It works for pop concerts so why not football ?

If this club is going to go forward longer term they will need a bigger fanbase.

If someone sees the advert in the paper and fancies coming along to support our team then I will make them every bit as welcome as somone living in Shepherd's Bush/Ruilsip etc. I just hope they come back a second and third time.

We all get the bug to support this club, most of us through a fellow family member but this advert will reach out to others.

Yes it is sad that some genuine fans are being priced out at the moment but those fans will be back one day, hopefully sitting alongside our new supporters.

Just my view.

Together we achieve more.

you from ruislip jimmy?

Comment

Im sorry but an advertisement in a newspaper for a football club is an embarrassment. I have regularly heard a chelsea european group game advertised on the radio, seen a fulham advert in the paper, saw buses in west london with Millwall down the side of it etc... and I have laughed at them, it looks desperate and as if we cannot sell tickets purely based on the football (which we can't but se could still keep some dignity). And it's not going to bring in many new people, if any...if qpr fans wanted to go they would be going anyway regardless of adverts, and if any tom dick or harry saw this advert the first thing they would do is get on the internet and check prices and confidently say "F**k that". Waste of paper, waste of money and worst of all embarrassing

Comment

Why advertise?

we clearly have enough support to fill an 18k stadium. we have done it in the past.

and we were a league below

maybe they should look at the reason's why tickets are not selling.

drop the prices and the tickets will sell.

is this what ali russel is being paid for?

Comment

Originally posted by MrSwakeley View Post
                I pretty much agree with that Pete – first and foremost we need to attract Rs fans who for whatever reason can't afford to go. I know a few, particularly ones who no longer qualify as juniors, who are picking and choosing games because of cost. I don't want them replaced by those with more dosh – there should be room for both – but the club need to be far more imaginative in attracting fans both old and new. As that other lot have proved, it can be done.

Mind you three points tomorrow would do no harm.
                I agree with you about the no longer being juniors,my boy has turned 16 so his season ticket has gone up to £400 from £200 he is still at school, where do they think this extra money is coming from as no one is giving me anymore for him being a year older.:anger:

Comment

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
                  you from ruislip jimmy?
                  Edinburgh, I think

Comment

Working...
                  X