QPR advertised in tonights standard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
    drop the ticket prices a bit treat loyal supporters with a bit more care and they wouldnt need to spend money on advertising trying to bring in tourists by saying what a wonderful day out it is a lr and how good the food is etc.

the commercial and marketing people have little grasp about football.
    agree mate..see my price comparison above
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
      I know, will get slated for this but never agreed with it.

Why would a QPR supporter need to be reminded to turn up at Loftus Road, I guess it might encourage tourists to visit.

I know, i'm in a minority but Fulham don;'t have genuine fans and would not want us going down the same route.
      What exactly is a genuine fan??? I know Fulham were only getting a few thousand in the old fourth division so they were bound to pick up plenty of floating fans as they are progressed up the league.

And I believe the adverts are to attract non-QPR supporters – not reminders to people who already go. If you only want genuine die-hard, lifelong Rs fans coming to see us and turn your nose up at floaters or undecideds then we won't need a bigger ground when we get in the Premiership.

Not slating you in the sllghtest, just wondering why you are so dead against the club advertising for fans?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJones View Post
        OK Picture the scene,

You're a bloke who doesnt like football (theres a few freaks out there), or possibly a single mum? You boy loves his football, really loves it and wants to watch football. So, you check out what is on...

Fulham are playing and it costs £25 for you and £5 for your son.
        QPR are playing and it costs £30 for you and £20 for your son*

* you cant sit in the lower loft as you aint a member, silver has sold out in ellerslie nearest the home fans and you dont fancy sitting nearest the away fans.

Those are facts people as i just tried to book online for Tomorrows game and the equiv cat B for Fulham.

Forget that Fulham are playing a Premiership team...on price you'll go for them alone

Well summed up!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
          drop the ticket prices a bit treat loyal supporters with a bit more care and they wouldnt need to spend money on advertising trying to bring in tourists by saying what a wonderful day out it is a lr and how good the food is etc.

the commercial and marketing people have little grasp about football.
          exactly.its just another pointer to the fact that we are nothing but cash cows.

Comment

the club know what they need to do to encourage more fans to come but we know they aint gonna do it. theyll keep spending our overpriced ticket money on chandaliers and adverts lol. still id rather be where we are now as opposed to few season ago

Comment

that fulham/qpr comparison is mad, were gettin proper mugged off lol

Comment

in the old days we used to attract lots of what were called floating fans.It was cheap and easy to get tickets.These werent people who had never been to football but fans of other london clubs who fancied going to a match.£30 quid to watch a team thats not yours is too much.

Comment

Originally posted by NW9_RANGER View Post
                  that fulham/qpr comparison is mad, were gettin proper mugged off lol
                  couldnt agree more.Can you imagine the crowds fulham would have if they had our admission charges? What about last year when we flooded fulham palce road area with ads trying to get fulham fans to switch .Bit of a no brainer really as our s/t were £200 more for ccc football.

Comment

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
                    in the old days we used to attract lots of what were called floating fans.It was cheap and easy to get tickets.These werent people who had never been to football but fans of other london clubs who fancied going to a match.£30 quid to watch a team thats not yours is too much.
                    Ok ok ok you have made your point
                    The guy wanted to retire at 61 so doesn't have a pension and thinks that paying £5 to watch premiership football is 'affordable' for him. So if you want to so call 'question' his loyal, then you lack more intelligence than a chelsc um fan
                    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

mr swakely

The school end tomorrow will be half empty, maybe if we did not pay for an advert in the Standard we could offer 500 fans the opportunity to pay a tenner?

Instead of focusing on tourists or non football people, how about we call season ticket holders who could not afford to re-new this season and last season and say aye "its a tenner to get in"?

I know where you are coming from, but not sure if you are QPR fan you would need reminding in the Standard to turn up. As I say, just my opinion.
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        Ok ok ok you have made your point
                        The guy wanted to retire at 61 so doesn't have a pension and thinks that paying £5 to watch premiership football is 'affordable' for him. So if you want to so call 'question' his loyal, then you lack more intelligence than a chelsc um fan
                        well hang on a bit mate ,are you saying that he is showing his loyalty to rangers by going to fulham for a fiver? To be honest mate its him that sounds like the chelsea fan.Known loads over the years that have never been.

Comment

The difference between us and fulham is, fulham have approximately 7600 extra seats pure and simple they can afford to reduce there prices substantially if they sell out.
                          Most on hear would probably moan when/if the new owners decide we have to move to get these extra seats, either you want us to move on which involves change or you are happy to not progress which involves no change (the choice is yours).
                          Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Originally posted by askewboy View Post
                            well hang on a bit mate ,are you saying that he is showing his loyalty to rangers by going to fulham for a fiver? To be honest mate its him that sounds like the chelsea fan.Known loads over the years that have never been.
                            could,nt agree more mate,the only teams i pay to watch are QPR and England,had freebies to afc and west ham but it just aint the same.like being at a strangers party.that 61 year old has never been QPR through and through, embarassing really
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              could,nt agree more mate,the only teams i pay to watch are QPR and England,had freebies to afc and west ham but it just aint the same.like being at a strangers party.that 61 year old has never been QPR through and through, embarassing really
                              cheers mate thought i was on my own there

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                                I know, will get slated for this but never agreed with it.

Why would a QPR supporter need to be reminded to turn up at Loftus Road, I guess it might encourage tourists to visit.

I know, i'm in a minority but Fulham don;'t have genuine fans and would not want us going down the same route.

i agree with sousa's slayer(again)don't tell anyone:very_sad:

Comment

Working...
                                X