Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bad gateway

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mem
    Referee
    • Aug 2009
    • 2386

    #1

    Bad gateway

    That's the message I keep getting when I try and view posts - any ideas?
  • brightonr
    Banned
    • Mar 2009
    • 10922

    #2
    Some work being carried out on the forum. Don't panic.

    Comment

    • Toni German
      Silver Seat
      • Mar 2010
      • 1813

      #3
      I'd guess that your gateway is bad. Just a hunch.

      Comment

      • Gtleighsr3
        CCG
        • Mar 2009
        • 23569

        #4
        did u get facto the cowboy to build it
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

        Comment

        • Kirill
          W12 Seat
          • Mar 2009
          • 19359

          #5
          I sell good gateways, cheap but no UK warranty.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

          http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

          How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

          Comment

          • agoodm
            Administrator
            • Feb 2012
            • 1227

            #6
            Are you seeing that message as bold big black font on a white background along with a number?

            Comment

            • agoodm
              Administrator
              • Feb 2012
              • 1227

              #7
              I looked at server logs and it seems some threads are causing excessive memory usage on the server when viewed in threaded or hybrid views.

              Try the ordinary view out to see if that helps. (Change it at the top right corner)

              Comment

              • MYU
                Administrator
                • Mar 2009
                • 43466

                #8
                You have to click on "Display Modes" top right of the first thread.

                Over the next month we might have many more problems and that's due to the upgrade on the site that's taking place right now.

                We want the upgrade to be in place before the transfer window opens and we'll have to shut down the site for at least 6 hours to implement the change over.

                Comment

                • agoodm
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 1227

                  #9
                  Just to clear up, the bad gateway errors occurr when your request causes the assigned php cgi process to exit with an error. In this case certain views and certain thread combinations are causing memory usage in excess of the amount I am allowing per request (over 128MB).

                  You can work around this by using the default view type as explained in MYUs post above.

                  Presently I am unable to allocate more ram per request as during heavy load this will cause the server to run out of ram.

                  We are planning to upgrade the server ram soon and I shall then be able to allow more ram per request which ought to alleviate this issue.

                  Alan

                  Comment

                  • bushcelt1
                    CCG
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 11070

                    #10
                    Originally posted by agoodm
                    Just to clear up, the bad gateway errors occurr when your request causes the assigned php cgi process to exit with an error. In this case certain views and certain thread combinations are causing memory usage in excess of the amount I am allowing per request (over 128MB).

                    You can work around this by using the default view type as explained in MYUs post above.

                    Presently I am unable to allocate more ram per request as during heavy load this will cause the server to run out of ram.

                    We are planning to upgrade the server ram soon and I shall then be able to allow more ram per request which ought to alleviate this issue.

                    Alan
                    you are truely from a different world.
                    PRIDE OF LONDON.

                    Comment

                    • Stanley
                      Guest
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 23693

                      #11
                      But without the likes of Alan in 'a different world' we would have no WATRB in this world

                      Comment

                      • SpankwiR
                        Voted Most Handsome Fan 2010, 2011 and 2012
                        • Apr 2009
                        • 3254

                        #12
                        But without the likes of Alan in 'a different world' we would have no WATRB in this world
                        And in that world without WATRB I would spend more time doing work and talking to the missus! so Alan and all the other nerdy types we salute you!

                        Comment

                        Working...